Bills run game starting to take off again...

Big Turk

Credit Dennison for scrapping a lot of his preferred outside zone runs that we are not very good with and adding in a lot of the power runs, counters, pulls, and traps we ran last year with much success.

He went back and reworked the run game over the bye week and it has shown as McCoy has ran for 242 yards in the last 2 weeks with his first 3 TDs of the year...

If we can get the run game going like last year along with how the defense is playing we can cause some serious problems for a lot of teams...we've scored 27 and 34 points now in the last 2 games, if we are going to be able to put points on the board like last year combined with how the defense doesn't give up points, we can win a lot of games...

Edited by matter2003

I was extremely critical of Denison through the first 5 games, but have been very impressed with the changes after the bye.

I couldnt agree more.

The pass sets up the run. Spreading the ball around is key imo.

Depending upon how you look at it, it does. However, yesterday we were able to run in situations where the D knew it was coming. That is a sign of a much improved run game.

Hmmmm, maybe getting our LT back helped just a little.

I'm sure it didnt hurt, but they made fundamental changes to how they run the ball which was more important. Glenn was in there when we couldn't gain anything on the ground running Those outside zones a few games too.

Edited by matter2003

Yeah, the stories I heard about the coaches meeting with the players during the bye week and discussing what worked in previous year and then actually adding those suggestions into the play book are very encouraging. Some coaches fall in love with their system and force the players to conform even when it doesn't work. (Rex)

This seems like a group that it willing to make the necessary adjustments based on personnel, etc. I love it so far.

Tampa is #15, two slots above ....us? (we're right above that very good, playoff team, the Dolphins)

Raiders #20, right above the ....Green Bay Packers?

Mediocre, yes, "two of the worst" mmmm no

Our defense allows teams to get some yards. What they don't allow them to do is get a lot of points. Measuring this D in yards allowed is definitely not an acvurate measurement of its effectiveness...

Look at Pittsburgh last night...allowed almost 500 yards but only 15 points and all were FGs

Coincedence i think not that when Glenn comes back and is healthy the run game takes off.

Glenn is certainly a part of the success of what has been going on, but it also has to do with Ducasse simply being better than Miller at this point and most importantly the changes in scheme blocking that Dennison has put in the playbook.

Everyone saying it's Glenn, I disagree. I think he played a roll but the changes that Dennison has clearly made has been the difference. The 48 yard rumble had Ducasse pulling from the right side, something out of last year's playbook. The coaching adjustments have returned the run game to it's form of the last few years.

Glad you guys are so forgiving. Personally I'm pissed that it took this long for him to realize his zone scheme was not going to work well with this personnel. Why would you want to scrap the #1 run game scheme? You want Tyrod to be more a pocket passer and use the middle field with more timing routes, fine. But leave the run game alone!

Glad you guys are so forgiving. Personally I'm pissed that it took this long for him to realize his zone scheme was not going to work well with this personnel. Why would you want to scrap the #1 run game scheme? You want Tyrod to be more a pocket passer and use the middle field with more timing routes, fine. But leave the run game alone!

Dunno...maybe we should ask Housley why he scrapped the number 1 PP formula in the NHL...same results as Dennison waas having before the bye with the new system...