Bills are the AFC version

Ice bowl 67

Of the Packers. We both are bordering the Great Lakes, both have brutal winters, both are buried up to our eye sockets in snow, both have awesome rapid fanbases, both have had Great Quarterbacks in Rodgers and Kelly, both have played in 4 Superbowls or more. Any other similarities? I always said you guys are us in the AFC. Your like our brothers. Go ahead and get the Lombardi trophy this year since we're out. Next year we will play each other in the Super Bowl.

Of the Packers. We both are bordering the Great Lakes, both have brutal winters, both are buried up to our eye sockets in snow, both have awesome rapid fanbases, both have had Great Quarterbacks in Rodgers and Kelly, both have played in 4 Superbowls or more. Any other similarities? I always said you guys are us in the AFC. Your like our brothers. Go ahead and get the Lombardi trophy this year since we're out. Next year we will play each other in the Super Bowl.

Green Bay averages about half of Buffalo's snow but is much colder...

If we are talking one of the southtowns suburbs like Hamburg, OP or places like that they average about 1/3 or 1/4 of the snowfall...

And we havent been to the playoffs is 17 years nor have we had a franchise QB for the last 20 years either...

Must be nice not to have to worry about making the playoffs and not having the Pats in your division...

Edited by matter2003

This has always been my thoughts as well. Ice, you forgot to add both are small market teams with fan bases not restricted to geography.

And why wait till next year. Both teams could rumble, stumble, and bumble their way to the show now. Would be the greatest, most improbable SB ever. One for the ages.

Edited by billsfan60

Right now it feels like the Bills are the AFC version of the Browns.

Oh, Pah-lease.......!!

Really? I mean, really? The Browns are terrible and cannot figure out anything to win. This team is playing well against every team and has been in every game this year, 4-2 ain't good enough for you? You'd rather be 0-6?

Oh, Pah-lease.......!!

Really? I mean, really? The Browns are terrible and cannot figure out anything to win. This team is playing well against every team and has been in every game this year, 4-2 ain't good enough for you? You'd rather be 0-6?

Good grief, man. Sarcasm.

On the surface we share many similarities.

I would put forth the similarities fade if you dig a bit deeper.

To overly simplify, GB = winning, quality organization.

Buffalo = losing, bad organization.

At least for the bulk of the respective organizations' history, that is.

Detroit Lions

Easily the closest comp. Industrial city changing and revitalizing itself ( tech, arts, altered industry) . Underdog mentality with a sad history of losing in big moments. Detroit has the Wings too. I mean, theirs win cups and we take ours with cups of beer, but.....

Very flattering, and mostly true when talking about the fan base and geography. But the Pack has a legacy of greatness spanning decades, with multiple great eras, legendary QBs, and most of all championships. The Bills have been really good for about 20% of their history, and haven't won a title since the '60s, in a league that no longer exists.