Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it what you want. I feel for your football knowledge if you think this trade makes the Bills better THIS year.

I feel for your general intelligence if you don't understand 4th grade math and if you say a team playing for the division lead is going backwards.

So were Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, Aaron Hernandez, Golden Tate, Percy Harvin, Marshawn Lynch, etc... Sometimes you need to overlook personalities that you dont like if the talent (and contract) warrants it. You need to find ways to make it work.

You need to build the culture first...then just about anything works.

We will absolutely roll that cap over. We got rid of a player who had zero motivation and got additional cap space to use in the future. For a player who hasnt played more than 1/3 of the total snaps this year. McDermott is building a team and I believe well see the fruits of that within a couple of seasons.

Unless we make a move for someone like Pryor. I dont think that you get better taking on dead money and getting rid of talent.

So were Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, Aaron Hernandez, Golden Tate, Percy Harvin, Marshawn Lynch, etc... Sometimes you need to overlook personalities that you dont like if the talent (and contract) warrants it. You need to find ways to make it work.

In Dareus' case, the Bills have spent the last three seasons trying to make it work. It takes two. He wasn't on board which isn't a surprise because he doesn't possess football character.

Ha Ha, the best part about this is that you dont even understand the cap ramifications!! Go back to the shallow end. Its not just about the player or the return. Its about the cost benefit. I would rather Dareus through next year than Vallejo and $2M.

Maybe they will understand it this way.

Would you rather have Dareus on his contract next year (elite when wants to be)

Or Vallejo on Dareuss contract for next year because that is actually what you are getting now with this trade

Then do it when you can get MAX value for him.

That is AFTER this season. After he helps your break the streak.

Not weaken the team while in the playoff fight for a less than 1% chance you find an NFL player.

Not to mention send an elite talent to a team you are competing with For the playoffs.

it is your opinion that they could get more for him after the season. We do not know if they would get more or less. Theyve been trying to trade him for months reportedly back to last offseason. So now theyve tried in season and off season. Hes playing less this season than he did last... so not sure why the guarantee that next offseason his stock goes up. Assuming they break the drought this year is a bit of a stretch too imo.

This and this.

So you know what, the ONLY THING that makes sense is IF somehow, being in the playoffs ISN'T in the plan of Beane. Not McDermott, but Beane. (McDermott as a coach wants to win, all the time). Beane wants higher picks. Beane wants more picks. And finally, Beane doesn't want to see this roster constructed by Whaley to have ANY success whatsoever, so that HE can look better. THAT is the logic that makes the most sense to me. All the other nonsense BS about culture and stuff, is just gas, smoke, to cover up the real motivation.

soooo you think Beane is doing this because he hates Whaley and all the Process stuff is a phony coverup? That explains why it isn't working at all.

Wait.

You need to build the culture first...then just about anything works.

I think thats fair which is why I included the contract part. You should have spent the next 25 games (or whatever it is maximizing the player. You used him a lot last week (comparatively) and he was good. After next year you let him walk (or force a pay cut if he turns a corner). You can teach someone to buy in but you cant teach talent. Edited by Kirby Jackson

there are a lot of variables that one can use to argue for/against as a good/bad move. Dareus is a great player in a scheme that allows him to do what he wants to do. In McDs scheme, its not worth paying the money for someone whos role is to eat up two blockers. Add on the long term salary drag, and it makes a lot of sense. Given the scheme, Dareus contribution is marginal, as it shows in the stats. Im sure he will flourish with the Jags though.

Yoi are paying him this year ANY WAY trade or not.

So even if he isnt a scheme fit he is better than ANY player you would replace him with

And when he was here had problems with the guy. Watch. He'll have the same issues there as he did here.

it is the Mike Williams trade part 2 for Marrone. There is very little risk on their part. Its a good trade for them imo. But it can work for both sides. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yoi are paying him this year ANY WAY trade or not.

So even if he isnt a scheme fit he is better than ANY player you would replace him with

You are not paying him as much as you would have.

Marrone wouldnt have gotten him if he didnt think he could work with him. Obviously

And just watch what happens.

I think thats fair which is why I included the contract part. You should have spent the next 25 games (or whatever it is maximizing the player. You used home a lot last week (comparatively) and he was good. After next year you let him walk (or force a pay cut if he turns a corner). You can teach someone to buy in but you cant teach talent.

How many coaches need to try before you would admit he doesn't want to be taught to buy in?

I feel for your general intelligence if you don't understand 4th grade math and if you say a team playing for the division lead is going backwards.

Intelligence hmm was Dareus traded from the team before they are playing for the division lead? Or was he HELPING that team up until this week?

So now you remove a player the real only player that can stack Double teams and logged 40+ snaps last week and you think the team is better? Then you question my intelligence ha ha ha