Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

As I said, you just ignore them. Oh, this was during Katrina. That doesn't count. Oh, Bruce wrote a song, that doesn't count. Oh, this guy lunged, that doesn't count. Oh, this guy was acquitted, that surely proves he did nothing wrong, that definitely doesn't count. Oh, these six I won't mention so they don't count. Oh, it doesn't state clearly they did any thing wrong (nor state they did anything right) I won't count those few. Oh, this guys cell phone was too big, I won't count that. Oh, this one was shot in the head but there must be more to it, I won't count that. You do make me laugh. I'll give you that much.

the Katrina one iirc had other aspects of it. But they are the only ones convicted in your link.

The issue on the bridge by Springsteen bsucked but the police were not guilty of a crime.

A guy lunging or refusing to cooperate or attacking an officer counts as bad on officers.... Why?

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The three times in my life I've called the police: two car thefts and a hit and run they were completely useless and ineffective. However, if I ever need someone to tell me my tail light is out, I know they'll bravely answer the call of duty.

Completely useless and ineffective, huh? You couldn't possibly have this opinion because when it comes to the rules, laws, policies, and procedures the cops have to follow in order to solve your issue, you are completey ignorant? Right? Oh, that's right. ..those things are just words written down on paper by rich, old white men that are bent on keeping you down.

Carry on.

the Katrina one iirc had other aspects of it. But they are the only ones convicted in your link.

The issue on the bridge by Springsteen bsucked but the police were not guilty of a crime.

A guy lunging or refusing to cooperate or attacking an officer counts as bad on officers.... Why?

I wasn't there. You weren't there. I happen to think it doesn't happen nearly as much as people think. I think 90% of cops are awesome and 100% of them have an impossible job.

But it happens. A lot. If 99% of cops never did a racist thing in their life, which of course isn't true, out of every 100,000 cops there are a 1000 racist cops running around.

I personally know an incredibly racist Buffalo cop. He's been suspended for it, had lawsuits, fired from jobs, written up a lot. He's a madman. To think all of these minorities are just making this up or out of their minds or racists themselves and cops don't shoot the wrong people at times is insane.

Completely useless and ineffective, huh? You couldn't possibly have this opinion because when it comes to the rules, laws, policies, and procedures the cops have to follow in order to solve your issue, you are completey ignorant? Right? Oh, that's right. ..those things are just words written down on paper by rich, old white men that are bent on keeping you down.

Carry on.

Look I don't expect much. We allow our police force to be uneducated, run them through an academy, and hand them a gun. I mean what do you expect. It doesn't help that police are poorly compensated, so people that have higher earning potential aren't enticed by the job. Instead those jobs to people used to getting their way through force, not through thinking and conversation. Detectives are a different story.

I wasn't there. You weren't there. I happen to think it doesn't happen nearly as much as people think. I think 90% of cops are awesome and 100% of them have an impossible job.

But it happens. A lot. If 99% of cops never did a racist thing in their life, which of course isn't true, out of every 100,000 cops there are a 1000 racist cops running around.

I personally know an incredibly racist Buffalo cop. He's been suspended for it, had lawsuits, fired from jobs, written up a lot. He's a madman. To think all of these minorities are just making this up or out of their minds or racists themselves and cops don't shoot the wrong people at times is insane.

well in the cases you provided by that article, only one appears to have been unjustifiable

well in the cases you provided by that article, only one appears to have been unjustifiable

You're nuts. You think one is justifiable even though the guy was unarmed because the cop said he reached for his gun but the video of it showed he didn't come close to reaching for the gun? That's justifiable? I just re-read the first four. Two of the first four were unjustiable.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I can only hope that you're the guy in front of me when the knife wielding psycho is coming my way. While you're having your tough love moment with him I'll be looking for the heat.

No problem. I've had a knife put to my throat before and managed to diffuse the situation without having to kill anyone or be harmed in the process. It's probably why companies pay me a lot of money to solve problems for them.

You know what I take from that? The cops give you a chance to do the right thing. YOU decide if you comply. I’m not saying all cops are perfect, but it’s adifficult job.

what I take from it is that in the UK you spend two years training to be a police officer before you become one, and in the US it can happen in as little as 9 weeks.

Here in Texas it takes one year to become a licensed barber...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/us/jobs-training-police-trnd/index.html

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/police-officer

No problem. I've had a knife put to my throat before and managed to diffuse the situation without having to kill anyone or be harmed in the process. It's probably why companies pay me a lot of money to solve problems for them.

I didn't see the video of a guy putting a knife to a police officers throat. Is there a second video? I saw a guy running toward another human being with a knife in his hand and he seemed intent on piercing the other guy's chest with it. At least I think it was a knife. It could have been a travel-sized umbrella or perhaps a curling iron.

I don't follow you on why the money you make is relevant, but ok. That's good. Maybe when you save enough you can start a class to train law enforcement on the taser-a-guy-in-the-foot technique.

But I was being sincere, even though you thought that I thought you were poor when I sent the first note.

Almost every NFL player is a millennial.

I try to give mine a little perspective. They may think they know a lot, but.....

I actually am surprised when I have to explain certain things to my sons. Hey, they’ve never heard of that. But right is right, and wrong is wrong....

Look I don't expect much. We allow our police force to be uneducated, run them through an academy, and hand them a gun. I mean what do you expect. It doesn't help that police are poorly compensated, so people that have higher earning potential aren't enticed by the job. Instead those jobs to people used to getting their way through force, not through thinking and conversation. Detectives are a different story.

Another hopelessly misinformed take. Now Police are out to " get their way"? Asinine. They are doing a job, and a difficult one at that. There is plenty of thinking involved, and often conversation yes. At times they will deal with folks in society who cannot be reasoned with. Or often in these (rare) situations when they must discharge their weapon, cannot or will not follow clear instructions. Many beat Cops become Detectives . I know a few personally. Most Cops are required to have an education. You seem to go through a lot of mental contortions in order to sympathize with thugs. Might be time to look in the mirror. It's hard to empathize with a perp unless you can somehow envision yourself being one.

You're nuts. You think one is justifiable even though the guy was unarmed because the cop said he reached for his gun but the video of it showed he didn't come close to reaching for the gun? That's justifiable? I just re-read the first four. Two of the first four were unjustiable.

What did a jury or judge decide? Or did a grand jury even decide it should go to that level? Regardless all shootings are investigated. Prosecuted if deemed that charges should be filed.

Another hopelessly misinformed take. Now Police are out to " get their way"? Asinine. They are doing a job, and a difficult one at that. There is plenty of thinking involved, and often conversation yes. At times they will deal with folks in society who cannot be reasoned with. Or often in these (rare) situations when they must discharge their weapon, cannot or will not follow clear instructions. Many beat Cops become Detectives . I know a few personally. Most Cops are required to have an education. You seem to go through a lot of mental contortions in order to sympathize with thugs. Might be time to look in the mirror. It's hard to empathize with a perp unless you can somehow envision yourself being one.

Nothing but accusations and personal attacks from you. Why so defensive? If you were truly on the right side of the argument you would be able to rely on data to back up your claim. I've provided data showing the training durations for cops in the US, others have posted detailed write ups concerning police killings, and I provided a video example. Each one seems to get you more defensive about your take and only results in you making assumptions about who I am and what I believe.

I don't have any subtext here. I've laid it all out there pretty definitively. I believe that the police force attracts thugs, I believe they murder minorities and even white people when other means (including tasers) are widely available to them, and I believe it is a problem caused both by a lack of training and the lack of appeal to higher income earners. Most of that has data to back it up that has been provided, and the thug bit is my own personal bias from my experience.

Nothing but accusations and personal attacks from you. Why so defensive? If you were truly on the right side of the argument you would be able to rely on data to back up your claim. I've provided data showing the training durations for cops in the US, others have posted detailed write ups concerning police killings, and I provided a video example. Each one seems to get you more defensive about your take and only results in you making assumptions about who I am and what I believe.

I don't have any subtext here. I've laid it all out there pretty definitively. I believe that the police force attracts thugs, I believe they murder minorities and even white people when other means (including tasers) are widely available to them, and I believe it is a problem caused both by a lack of training and the lack of appeal to higher income earners. Most of that has data to back it up that has been provided, and the thug bit is my own personal bias from my experience.

you have made no type of argument that anyone with intellect would consider worthwhile, which is why you are getting knocked around like you are. Personal attacks are justified in that you are just a plain moron

What did a jury or judge decide? Or did a grand jury even decide it should go to that level? Regardless all shootings are investigated. Prosecuted if deemed that charges should be filed.

It was two years ago and prosecutors haven't even decided what to do yet. But put it this way, his own Police Chief publicly said criminal charges should be filed against him, and the city has offered $4m to the family to settle it.