GQ: Trump Schemed to Keep Bon Jovi from Buying the Bills

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official disclaimer: Yes, the topic is very Bills related and dark in context. It probably has no chance of staying here in the main Board, given the high likelihood it will quickly devolve into a political thread.

Please do your best not to be the reason it gets moved.

Correct on all fronts

I heard a story the other day that I had not heard before, and it came from a pretty legitimate source. I'm not positive it's true but I believe it to be true now, or something close to it.

Shortly after Pegula sold his parcel of land that netted him $1.8 billion that he was going to use to buy the Bills he walked up to Roger Goodell in his office and laid down a signed personal check written for $1.8 billion to the NFL. Then said something about I am not giving this to you now, but this is where I'm willing to go.

Glad Pegula bought the team, but I would enjoy the weekly twitter wars Trump would have with his players and coaches.

Ha. Tyrod would have been cut eight times, given a raise nine times, benched twelve times, and told we were trading for the best skill players in NFL history in two weeks fourteen times.

Ha. Tyrod would have been cut eight times, given a raise nine times, benched twelve times, and told we were trading for the best skill players in NFL history in two weeks fourteen times.

My guess is he'd run the team like George Steinbrenner ran the Yankees.