Did Trump Disrespect A Dead American Soldier?

Tiberius

Ms. Wilson, in an interview on Friday, called Mr. Kelly a liar and hinted strongly that the altercation, prompted by a call from President Trump to the widow of a fallen black soldier, was racially charged.

The White House itself is full of white supremacists, she said.

I feel very sorry for him because he feels such a need to lie on me and Im not even his enemy, Ms. Wilson said of Mr. Kelly. I just cant even imagine why he would fabricate something like that. That is absolutely insane. Im just flabbergasted because its very easy to trace.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/20/us/politics/trump-kelly-congresswoman-wilson-niger.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

It took John Kelly 10 minutes to vaporize a reputation he had built over 40 years of distinguished service. Thats what hanging with Trump will do to you.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if he was a white supremacist for 40 years, I wouldn't call it distinguished.

JMO but I think that is going too far. We are all to some extent products of the cultural environment we grew up in. The debate that is today centre stage in America is nothing new. It is a constant and enduring theme of American political life and the conservative voice has had much more eloquent and credible spokesmen than the current president in the past (and probably also today). George Kennan for example is without question one of the greatest American diplomats. He lamented the changes in the cultural configuration of the southwestern United States resulting from Hispanic immigration. This caused Averill Harriman to remark that while Kennan understood Russia he didn't understand America. Kennan was from Wisconsin, Harriman was an Ivy League blue blood born in NYC.

It took John Kelly 10 minutes to vaporize a reputation he had built over 40 years of distinguished service. Thats what hanging with Trump will do to you.

So, you take the word of a known liar over that of a person who has "40 years of distinguished service"? Ms. Wilson claimed that Trayvon Martin was "hunted down like a rabid dog" while it was proved that he was not only the aggressor but was seeking to kill George Zimmerman. It did fit her narrative at the time though.

JMO but I think that is going too far. We are all to some extent products of the cultural environment we grew up in. The debate that is today centre stage in America is nothing new. It is a constant and enduring theme of American political life and the conservative voice has had much more eloquent and credible spokesmen than the current president in the past (and probably also today). George Kennan for example is without question one of the greatest American diplomats. He lamented the changes in the cultural configuration of the southwestern United States resulting from Hispanic immigration. This caused Averill Harriman to remark that while Kennan understood Russia he didn't understand America. Kennan was from Wisconsin, Harriman was an Ivy League blue blood born in NYC.

+1

That's what rings with me about Kelly. I bet he was not lying and really said what he thought he heard. I know racists that are really smart people and generally good human beings but they have this blind spot that borders on insanity. He probably didn't listen to what she had to say and assumed it was all ridiculous. Good person, very intelligent, but just has that crazy blind spot. Though, I'm not sure what point he was trying to make about women as sacred. Working for Trump?

So, you take the word of a known liar over that of a person who has "40 years of distinguished service"? Ms. Wilson claimed that Trayvon Martin was "hunted down like a rabid dog" while it was proved that he was not only the aggressor but was seeking to kill George Zimmerman. It did fit her narrative at the time though.

That's not a lie that is an interpretation of events. Zimmerman did track Martin down with a gun in his possssion

Never heard of Rep Wilson before this blowup. Can't pretend to know everything about her now, but just based on recent reading (so just a general impression) she seems to be a lovely lady with decades of dedicated public service to the community she represents. As for George Zimmerman, on balance of probabilities I think the world would be a better place if Treyvon had taken him out. JMO.

Kelly lied before the cameras this week, as clearly shown by the tape of the congresswoman's speech. She never talked about getting funding for the building that he attacked her over. The FBI asked her for help in getting the building named for fallen agents, she didn't seek them out. The majority of the speech was in gratitude to the FBI. So yeah, I'll take her word, corroborated by the Gold Star mother who was also in the car, neither of whom were eavesdropping since it was a military person holding the phone in speaker mode for all to hear. Being a 4-star general doesn't put you above telling the truth to cover the ass of a serial lier-in-chief who created this incident. Now let's find out the facts about Trumpghazi. The latest news is that the French may have been running their own operation in the area, and there was no coordination between militaries. When the French jets finally arrived, they couldn't even drop munitions because of an agreement with Niger. Where were the American support assets?

Hey there guys. Just thought I'd pop in and say this thread/topic is why I have added politics to my "I no longer give a ****" column.

You guys have no idea how much more enjoyable life is when I don't know who the Bills are playing tomorrow (seriously I don't) and had no idea the soldier in this story was black until I read this thread (well not the whole thread. I have more interesting and less frustrating things to concern myself with). So I'll say.....................

Carry on dumbasses!! :lol::D

Never heard of Rep Wilson before this blowup. Can't pretend to know everything about her now, but just based on recent reading (so just a general impression) she seems to be a lovely lady with decades of dedicated public service to the community she represents. As for George Zimmerman, on balance of probabilities I think the world would be a better place if Treyvon had taken him out. JMO.

So, in other words you are pro murder?

Racist.

Bottom line, that's what you are.

Edited by joesixpack

I wake up every day and the day I think how happy I am trayvon is dead is the day I smile a little bit more. That piece of **** got what he deserved. Thug wanna be punk, hope it hurt good before he did that odd starfish pose