Did Trump Disrespect A Dead American Soldier?

Tiberius

The Post reports:

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump “did disrespect my son” with remarks in a condolence telephone call.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson’s mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson’s widow, Myeshia Johnson. Johnson’s mother also stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson’s widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

“President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband,” Jones-Johnson said.

Trump lashed back. He denied Wilson’s account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had “proof” that the exchange did not go as Wilson had described. Trump did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

“Wilson went on to say Trump “was almost like joking. He said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway.’ You know, just matter-of-factly, that this is what happens, anyone who is signing up for military duty is signing up to die. That’s the way we interpreted it. It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

“[His widow] was in tears. She was in tears. And she said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’”

He also said he was sending a family $25k and didn't send it. What a bozo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we heard anything about Obama's birth certificate yet? Or him denouncing he is not Muslim? Did Obama ever come out and say he opposed Hitler?

Oh come on, treating an American soldier's family like this is ok? You know he did it because the GI was black

Oh come on, treating an American soldier's family like this is ok? You know he did it because the GI was black

yes, it's actually hilarious to me. Because he is just a !@#$ing soldier. ****, an ambassador being killed and the president not doing **** about it would be equally funny, don't ya think?

God you're stupid enough to walk in so a brick wall. I set that up with a simple lob and you took it hook line and sink her

Edited by Boyst62

yes, it's actually hilarious to me. Because he is just a !@#$ing soldier. ****, an ambassador being killed and the president not doing **** about it would be equally funny, don't ya think?

God you're stupid enough to walk in so a brick wall. I set that up with a simple lob and you took it hook line and sink her

Because Obama? And you couldn't set up anything if you tried snowflake

Executive Mansion, Washington, Nov. 21, 1864

Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts, that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours, to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom. Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

Abraham Lincoln

From President George W. Bush to the brother of a man killed in combat:
Dear Thad:
Johnnie Yellock passed along the copy of your book, My Brother In Arms. It looks like a moving tribute to your brother, Senior Airman Mark Andrew Forester, USAF. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and kind inscription.
I know you miss your brother dearly, and I wish there was something I could do to heal your broken heart. Mark's noble service in the United States Air Force helped preserve the security of our homeland and defend the liberties America holds dear. Our Nation will not forget Mark's selfless sacrifice and dedication in our efforts to make the world more peaceful and more free. We will forever honor his memory.
Laura and I send our respect and appreciation. May God bless you and your family.
Sincerely,
George W. Bush

That congresswoman has had it in for Trump since he announced he was running for President.

You have to be a bleeping moron to believe anything this dingbat congresswoman says.

And, of course, the MSM runs with it as it's another chance to crucify Trump.

And people wonder why CNN continually gets crushed in the ratings.

If CNN wasn't on in airports, who in their right minds would watch that drivel.

That congresswoman has had it in for Trump since he announced he was running for President.

You have to be a bleeping moron to believe anything this dingbat congresswoman says.

And, of course, the MSM runs with it as it's another chance to crucify Trump.

And people wonder why CNN continually gets crushed in the ratings.

If CNN wasn't on in airports, who in their right minds would watch that drivel.

People in the doctor's waiting room?

Hey kids !...............have you heard the good news.................. George W. Bush is a great guy again........ :lol:

He 'criticized' President Trump ( though, not by name, just according to the media's interpretation).............so the left..........THAT'S Correct.......the Left, is now praising him.

this is beyond ironic.

I'll join in though.............

Why George W. Bush Let a Soldier’s Mom Yell at Him...........http://dailysignal.com/2015/04/21/why-george-w-bush-let-a-soldiers-mom-yell-at-him/

FTA:

But there were exceptions. One mom and dad of a dying soldier from the Caribbean were devastated, the mom beside herself with grief. She yelled at the president, wanting to know why it was her child and not his who lay in that hospital bed.

Her husband tried to calm her and I noticed the president wasn’t in a hurry to leave—he tried offering comfort but then just stood and took it, like he expected and needed to hear the anguish, to try to soak up some of her suffering if he could.

Later as we rode back on Marine One to the White House, no one spoke.

But as the helicopter took off, the president looked at me and said, “That mama sure was mad at me.” Then he turned to look out the window of the helicopter. “And I don’t blame her a bit.”

One tear slipped out the side of his eye and down his face. He didn’t wipe it away, and we flew back to the White House.

Hey kids !...............have you heard the good news.................. George W. Bush is a great guy again........ :lol:

He 'criticized' President Trump ( though, not by name, just according to the media's interpretation).............so the left..........THAT'S Correct.......the Left, is now praising him.

this is beyond ironic.

I'll join in though.............

Why George W. Bush Let a Soldier’s Mom Yell at Him...........http://dailysignal.com/2015/04/21/why-george-w-bush-let-a-soldiers-mom-yell-at-him/

FTA:

But there were exceptions. One mom and dad of a dying soldier from the Caribbean were devastated, the mom beside herself with grief. She yelled at the president, wanting to know why it was her child and not his who lay in that hospital bed.

Her husband tried to calm her and I noticed the president wasn’t in a hurry to leave—he tried offering comfort but then just stood and took it, like he expected and needed to hear the anguish, to try to soak up some of her suffering if he could.

Later as we rode back on Marine One to the White House, no one spoke.

But as the helicopter took off, the president looked at me and said, “That mama sure was mad at me.” Then he turned to look out the window of the helicopter. “And I don’t blame her a bit.”

One tear slipped out the side of his eye and down his face. He didn’t wipe it away, and we flew back to the White House.

I always thought W was a good person who had bad advisors especially Cheney , I liked his dad.

Disrespect him?

He just said something dumb to the families. Then denied it and started another Wag the Dog incident.

Then he lied about other presidents not calling the families of deceased soldiers.

And said words to the effect that he recorded the conversation, lol

Disrespect him?

He just said something dumb to the families. Then denied it and started another Wag the Dog incident.

Then he lied about other presidents not calling the families of deceased soldiers.

oh well