Vick on Tyrod: "You've got a god given talent. Use it."

Interesting read, apparently Vick is in town and at Bills practice for a Taylor interview that will be airing before the game on Fox:

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/vick-tyrod-youve-got-god-given-talent-use-it

Former Falcons, Eagles, Jets, and Steelers quarterback Michael Vick is now working as a broadcaster at FOX. Vick, who last played for the Steelers in 2015, has a connection to Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor. Both played their college football at Virginia Tech. Vick started for the Hokies in 1999 and 2000, while Taylor started half of 2007 and all of 2008, 2009, and 2010. Vick is in Buffalo, to do a sit down interview with Taylor, that will be aired on Sunday morning on Fox.....

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Let's let Vick get in his head so that Tyrod starts questioning himself some more in the pocket. I'm sure THAT will help him get the ball out on time and accurately.

If anything it should provide motivation, Taylor needs to stop overthinking things and worry about turnovers and let it rip.

I've always felt he's essentially a 'poor mans Vick' anyway and when Vick was at his best (as a passer) he was firing rockets.

Most critics would appreciate Taylor a lot more, including myself, if he simply took more chances and gave his WR's opportunities to make plays instead of waiting for the perfect situation when they are wide open. He has to understand the talent level we have and these guys aren't good enough to get open on their own in most cases and that's what great QB's do, they elevate the talent around them by giving them opportunities.

If anything it should provide motivation, Taylor needs to stop overthinking things and worry about turnovers and let it rip.

I've always felt he's essentially a 'poor mans Vick' anyway and when Vick was at his best (as a passer) he was firing rockets.

Most critics would appreciate Taylor a lot more, including myself, if he simply took more chances and gave his WR's opportunities to make plays instead of waiting for the perfect situation when they are wide open. He has to understand the talent level we have and these guys aren't good enough to get open on their own in most cases and that's what great QB's do, they elevate the talent around them by giving them opportunities.

What did Vick have to say about Peterman?

Nothing as far as I know, at least it wasn't in the interview.

But I would imagine behind the scenes he probably told Taylor to step up his game because this kid behind him is extremely talented and eager to get his chance.

You're a !@#$ing moron.

Great. Let's let Vick get in his head so that Tyrod starts questioning himself some more in the pocket. I'm sure THAT will help him get the ball out on time and accurately.

...would be better if Vick can dispel this race card notion first and foremost......that was just a sad play......

I remember going to a game and seeing a Vick-led Falcons team versus what was at the time I think a good Bills defense. What left an impression with me with Vick was not his legs, but (1) how much bigger he looked in the pocket than I expected and (2) that he climbed the pocket and threw the ball with authority, zip, and accuracy. I get that his throwing stats are pretty similar to Taylor's, but I think Vick was an underrated pocket passer.

You're a !@#$ing moron.

You asked a question and I answered it.

Speculation aside, Taylor isn't an idiot. He knows Peterman is McD and Beane's guy and they've already raved about him. This is a win now league and if Taylor flounders this year he's done as a starter and will be competing for a backup job on another team. So it's realistic to assume Vick probably echoed those thoughts to him if the topic came up.

Either way Taylor still has a chance (albeit a small one) to piss excellence and become a legend in Buffalo if he can be the guy to take this team back to the playoffs for the first time since the little general did back in 99', Taylor is actually similar to Flutie in some ways and has a better arm believe it or not. But unfortunately he doesn't appear to have the intangibles Flutie had.

You asked a question and I answered it.

Speculation aside, Taylor isn't an idiot. He knows Peterman is McD and Beane's guy and they've already raved about him. This is a win now league and if Taylor flounders this year he's done as a starter and will be competing for a backup job on another team. So it's realistic to assume Vick probably echoed those thoughts to him if the topic came up.

Either way Taylor still has a chance (albeit a small one) to piss excellence and become a legend in Buffalo if he can be the guy to take this team back to the playoffs for the first time since the little general did back in 99', Taylor is actually similar to Flutie in some ways and has a better arm believe it or not. But unfortunately he doesn't appear to have the intangibles Flutie had.

would you please leave the community?

Nothing as far as I know, at least it wasn't in the interview.

But I would imagine behind the scenes he probably told Taylor to step up his game because this kid behind him is extremely talented and eager to get his chance.

deranged imagination for sure.

another useless thread to push your peterman agenda, go figure.

I also agree wholeheartedly with DC Tom.

would you please leave the community?

one could only hope.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973