All Signs Pointing Toward Cordy Glenn as the Starter at LT

Just remember the preseason when they had Sammy Watkins catch all of those passes at the beginning of preseason right before they traded him. They highlighted him before they made a move.

Anyone else not possibly thinking that they are doing it again with Glenn? He plays a full game, he looks healthy to other teams, he has good production in his career and then the Bills move him.

It is especially in my mind after McDermott said we have 5 quality OTs and we'll see what happens with that in the upcoming weeks.

Calling Mills a quality OT is like calling a 1994 Toyota Corola a quality car and please get Ducasse off the field. We do have Groy and Miller.

A Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Groy-Dawkins OL is the best combo in my opinion.

Mine too... I have no idea why they are not doing this.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn - Incognito - Wood - Groy - Dawkins

I was hoping we'd see that by now, but doesn't look like it'll happen.

glenn has not been healthy enough to play, so that has really shut down this fan favorite combo...

If Glenn gets through this game healthy I would suspect next week's line looks like that lineup (IF Dawkins can show in practice he can handle RT - he is getting reps at RT this week with the second team, so that is promising)...As far as Groy goes, the staff really really likes him focusing on backup C with Wood's injury history, but he might get a look there.

We need to draft 2 G's most likely this offseason

While hopefully getting Glenn back too LT where he belongs. Could some of the dismal line play this year be do to the offense line scheme? IMO yes.

of course, but it is encouraging that in the last two games Dennison implemented some plays from last year's power running scheme. It worked better in the Falcons game, though, we were bad against the Bengals.

Just remember the preseason when they had Sammy Watkins catch all of those passes at the beginning of preseason right before they traded him. They highlighted him before they made a move.

Anyone else not possibly thinking that they are doing it again with Glenn? He plays a full game, he looks healthy to other teams, he has good production in his career and then the Bills move him.

It is especially in my mind after McDermott said we have 5 quality OTs and we'll see what happens with that in the upcoming weeks.

I can't count that many on the roster.

Again I have to ask: does anyone care that Groy has never taken a regular-season rep as a guard, and has very limited reps at the position in preseason work?

I care, but I also don't understand why they matched that contract. Is backup center that valuable compared to a starting guard. Shouldn't he have been practicing at guard, what the hell else is he doing .

The only place the Bills have "5 quality OTs" is in McDermott's dreams, certainly not on the team any time in this century. Glenn is the best of them. Dawkins is probably next, and he's probably going to be moved to RT ... provided that the Bills don't do exactly what you think they might do, which is entirely possible because, like good WRs, DBs, and RBs, good LTs are "a dime a dozen".

Again I have to ask: does anyone care that Groy has never taken a regular-season rep as a guard, and has very limited reps at the position in preseason work

NO. Players are not robots. You can't just plug one in where ever you have a need like a lamp. Groy came into the league as a LG, and he failed. The Bills tried him at C, and he seems better there, so why try to flip him to the right side where he'd have to learn everything in reverse, which doesn't signal anything but disaster in the short term. That's not just the verdict of the current coaching staff but the previous one as well.

NO. Players are not robots. You can't just plug one in where ever you have a need like a lamp. Groy came into the league as a LG, and he failed. The Bills tried him at C, and he seems better there, so why try to flip him to the right side where he'd have to learn everything in reverse, which doesn't signal anything but disaster in the short term. That's not just the verdict of the current coaching staff but the previous one as well.

Um, yeah. That was my point when responding to the cries for Groy to start at a position at which he's never taken a regular season rep.

Um, yeah. That was my point when responding to the cries for Groy to start at a position at which he's never taken a regular season rep.

Mea culpa. I thought you were one of those railing to have Groy play guard ...