SI: NFL's best quarterbacks for rest of 2017

do these rankings take into account the team the QB's will be facing. That could factor into Eli's rankings. Although, his WR corp is depleted.

This is Benoit's rationale:

And by “right now” we mean, if you had to choose a QB to play with for the rest of the 2017 season-only, who would you want? Assume the QB can bring his offensive system along, but not the players around him.

So he's obviously looking at the QB's individual ability, track record, and what he can do with the talent he has around him. Obviously like a lot of skeptical Bills fans, he must believe Taylor is destined to fail given all those factors. Personally I would put Taylor ahead of a few of these guys but even then he'd still be no better than the 18th or 19th overall.

I've got him 22 right now, but I also think he's headed into a bit of a softer schedule than his first 5 games and he has 3 of the next 4 games at home. He should continue to look better based on those factors plus receivers getting healthy and coming back over that same span.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I've got him 22 right now, but I also think he's headed into a bit of a softer schedule than his first 5 games and he has 3 of the next 4 games at home. He should continue to look better based on those factors plus receivers getting healthy and coming back over that same span.

Hopefully he improves as well as the rest of the offense. I think it will be tied mostly to the performance of the offensive line. If they play better, I suspect both the passing and running game will begin improving. I also expect improvements from Dennison.

Funny thing is I don't know how a person can rate Qb's for the rest of 2017 when there is a lot of 2017 left to play. Seems like you would have to wait till the end of 2017 to rate them. No? Otherwise it is anybody's guess what the final rankings look like.

To be fair Benoit is an ardent Tyrod critic. It is the same as when Fahey breaks down Watson tape to prove he is really not playing well. These guys are so invested in an outcome they have to double down on it.

This is spot on. Even I think Watson is playing well, and I was critical of his preseason action.

This is spot on. Even I think Watson is playing well, and I was critical of his preseason action.

I was very critical of his game against Cinci, and thought he wasn't ready. Thought we were witnessing another potential good QB thrown into the fire to quickly.

that must be it. wonder who's back up they'll try and pick up?

They said Hundley is their guy. Has several years in the system.

To be fair Benoit is an ardent Tyrod critic. It is the same as when Fahey breaks down Watson tape to prove he is really not playing well. These guys are so invested in an outcome they have to double down on it.

True, some pundits including the folks at PFF have been much more generous with Taylor and view him a lot more favorably.

And only the idiot refuses to admit when they are wrong. Although you can also be slightly foolish in eating crow too soon.... the week after I ate crow on Will Fuller he dropped two balls right in the bucket on Sunday, I had even put him in 2 of my fantasy teams. Just my luck. :doh: