They need to win the next three games in a row...

Another Fan

In order to be a playoff team. All three games are very winnable and would make a statement. In prior years we've always came up short in what I'd consider statement games:

2014 Week 3 loss versus San Diego. Had a chance to go 3-0 but lost against a team they could've beat.

2015 Week 12 against Kansas City. They were 5-5 and I believe KC had the same record at that point? Anyway would have said something to beat a team on the road competing for the playoffs too.

2016 Week 7 against Miami. Would have been 5-2 if we won and would've been tied with the Pats at the time for first place.

So yes we lost all these games. Playoff teams don't lose these games. Playoff teams will win the next three before facing Miami and New England twice. This is the difference between a 7 to 9 win team versus a playoff team

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to be a playoff team. All three games are very winnable and would make a statement. In prior years we've always came up short in what I'd consider statement games:

2014 Week 3 loss versus San Diego. Had a chance to go 3-0 but lost against a team they could've beat.

2015 Week 12 against Kansas City. They were 5-5 and I believe KC had the same record at that point? Anyway would have said something to beat a team on the road competing for the playoffs too.

2016 Week 7 against Miami. Would have been 5-2 if we won and would've been tied with the Pats at the time for first place.

So yes we lost all these games. Playoff teams don't lose these games. Playoff teams will win the next three before facing Miami and New England twice. This is the difference between a 7 to 9 win team versus a playoff team

No, in order to be a playoff team, the Bills need to have more wins than or own the tie breakers against 10 other AFC teams at the end of the season. Since they've failed to do that 17 straight times in this century, I'm not getting excited until they do that ... and it's unlikely they do it any time in the foreseeable future.

Edited by SoTier

Even 2 out of 3 would be good and put us at 5-3 at the halfway point.

But I agree that if this team is for real getting to 6-2 would look a heck of a lot better and be something this team hasn't done the last 17 years during the drought.

What does it matter? The wins would just be diminished anyways.

No we don't. We need to get into the playoffs to be a playoff team. If we go 2-1 in our next 3 games, we're still in pretty good shape.

There's no team left on our schedule that isn't beatable, including the Patriots and Chiefs.

But if we win our next 3 in a row, my thoughts will shift from merely playoffs to something better :flirt:

2 out of 3 is the minimum but realistically a playoff team wins 3 in a row. The Bucs could be without Jamis and that's a must win. The Raiders are struggling and who knows how healthy Carr could be. Then you have the Jets who are a division opponent and you have to take care of business in your own division.

At 6-2 the team is in a good place going into a tough stretch of games against the Saints, @Chargers, @KC, and The Pats*. If at 6-2 you split those 4 games (Take care of the Chargers and then steal one of the other 3 games) you go to 8-4 and you put yourself in a nice place heading into the last 4 games of the season.

It isn't a necessity to win 3 in a row but when you see the schedule you need to get fat while you can.

Not if the Bucs and/or Raiders go on a run and make the playoffs.

Either way you take what you can get in this league. To quote Dick 'The Stiff' Jaraun, it's hard to win games in this league.

Well Denver and Atlanta are already diminished. What if they go on a run and make the playoffs? Today its take what you can get. Yesterday its all the Bills wins are diminished.

Well Denver and Atlanta are already diminished. What if they go on a run and make the playoffs? Today its take what you can get. Yesterday its all the Bills wins are diminished.

I could care less if the Bills got to 10 wins and made the playoffs by beating nothing but 3-13 type of teams, it's essentially what the Dolphins did last year.

My point about the wins being diminished (against the Broncos/Falcons) is simply wishing for once we actually are beating very good teams. Still may prove to be the case when the dust settles because the Falcons would have to implode in a major way to not make the playoffs again or be better than .500

I could care less if the Bills got to 10 wins and made the playoffs by beating nothing but 3-13 type of teams, it's essentially what the Dolphins did last year.

My point about the wins being diminished (against the Broncos/Falcons) is simply wishing for once we actually are beating very good teams. Still may prove to be the case when the dust settles because the Falcons would have to implode in a major way to not make the playoffs again or be better than .500

Exactly how much less could you care. This is need to know info.

I agree...seriously, these are big. BW

I know it's crazy but just let me get this out...should they be 8-2 headed in to KC...I will kick back and almost laugh...go ahead KC and Patriots, beat us as I almost don't give two *****. Even though the division or conference would be on the line I would honestly be just so please in knowing we were so close.

Don't get me wrong, I want to win, but I am OK with an 8-2 that ends up being an 11-5 finish.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts