Draft/Acquire Short Offensive Linemen: Tyrod will flourish

Forgetting that the opposing DL is the real issue.....If they are 6'5 inches on average how is this going to help?

You said "forgetting that" but then you continued to comment on the d-line. I don't understand that.

To give you a serious answer: who has less distance to travel to cut a defensive lineman, a tall person or a short person?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a huge fan of these comedy threads but at least it's funnier than the last one.

Right? I mean it's taking up the valuable space that's dedicated to the next earth shatteringly profound TT hot take. Now those are comedy gold, Jerry...

Short people got no reason

To live

They got little hands

And little eyes

And they walk around

Tellin' great big lies

They got little noses

And tiny little teeth

They wear platform shoes

On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no short people

Don't want no short people

Don't want no short people

Round here

You guys can laugh all you want, but in five years you'll see New England, KC and other elite teams with tackles and guards somewhere in the 5'8" to 5'10" range with 44"-46" arms. As the "heads up" tackling method becomes more popular, shorter and heavier players pack more punch than tall, muscular players. We can re-visit this thread in a few years and you can all laugh then....or apologize to those of us who at least have a rudimentary understanding of physics.

You guys can laugh all you want, but in five years you'll see New England, KC and other elite teams with tackles and guards somewhere in the 5'8" to 5'10" range with 44"-46" arms. As the "heads up" tackling method becomes more popular, shorter and heavier players pack more punch than tall, muscular players. We can re-visit this thread in a few years and you can all laugh then....or apologize to those of us who at least have a rudimentary understanding of physics.

Indulging you, rudimentary understanding of physics and complete lack of understanding of anatomy. Draw for me a 68-70 inch person with 46 inch arms. Unless you have his shoulders emanating from the top of his head he'll be stepping on his fingers. 😄

Edited by transient

Pretty sure this guy eats crayonz...

Indulging you, rudimentary understanding of physics and complete lack of understanding of anatomy. Draw for me a 68-70 inch person with 46 inch arms. Unless you have his shoulders emanating from the top of his head he'll be stepping on his fingers.

Physics: Low man wins.

Anatomy: Endomorph

Heads up tackling and blocking: Our new o line helmets will fit squarely into the chest/core of defensive lineman.

Pros: Increased passing lanes for Taylor, firing off the line into the core of the d lineman's body, better run game

Cons: Don't see any but I'm sure you comedians will find something to B word about.