Draft/Acquire Short Offensive Linemen: Tyrod will flourish

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But...but...but...what about the QB to DL height ratio? Are we going to ask those DLs to all bend over a bit so TT can see better?

Low man wins. If O line is shorter (and stouter) than D line, they would all be pancaked under our big boys up front. Thats my theory anyway.

Low man wins. If O line is shorter (and stouter) than D line, they would all be pancaked under our big boys up front. Thats my theory anyway.

It's a theory with merit. If it works, TT may just end up on the wall next to Kyle Orton.

On a pass rush? Nobody goes low on a pass rush. The OL stand up and punch and the DL all do twists, stunts and bull rushes. If the DL get stymied, they put their hands up to knock down balls....

Edited by Lurker

Heres your stats:

Tyrod is 6ft ( not 6ft 1 inch as he claims)

Our O linemen are:

Seantrel 6ft 7

Cordy 6ft 6

Dawkins 6ft 6

Wood 6ft 4

Ducasse 6ft 6

So Tyrods Height to O Line Ratio is -4 inches on average.

Look at the winning teams this year and over the last five years. The standard QB to o-line ratio is -1 to zero. (The higher the QB height to oline ratio the better).

That being said, our oline is wayyyy too tall for our QB.

Whats the answer? Draft and acquire shorter and squattier olineman. Ideally we need olineman 5ft8inches to 5ft10inches at 320-330 pounds.

Heres why:

1) Shorter O Lineman, then Tyrod can see better. Same with TEs. Shorter the better.

2) Before anyone says shorter guys arent able to manage an o line, think of this: back in 1976, the Dolphins had a shorter oline and dominated.

3) You ever hear the expression low man wins???? Well, lets put our money where our mouth is and get a head start. Low man (shorter man) is already 40% of the way there...and if the lower/shorter/squattier man wins, I see no downside.

So Im pretty sure the shorter the olineman, the better. Flame away if you want but the stats speak for themselves.

Come on man, you aren't serious!

Is it April 1st?

Arm length. You have the right idea...5ft 9 or 5ft 10 is ideal but need the 42-44 inch arm length which Devito lacks.

Devito could just charge forward, and we'd find out if anyone is wearing a cup? Crown of the helmet isn't COMPLETELY unusable.

On a pass rush? Nobody goes low on a pass rush. The OL stand up and punch and the DL all do twists, stunts and bull rushes. If the DL get stymied, they put their hands up to knock down balls....

You have to read all my comments. Shorter, stouter is best for visual optics and QB/OL height ratio but have to have the arm length too. 5ft 9 to 5ft10 with 43 inch arms would be ideal. Think Tolbert with Seantrels arms and thats what we need to take the next step.