Liberals stick to principles, BLAST Weinstein

Here you go, the arch-liberal mag and Mia Farrow's son reporting it...

and exactly just why are you celebrating and supporting this creep??? Joe Miner, you are sitting there and defending this???

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/from-aggressive-overtures-to-sexual-assault-harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

read this before you start acting like Johnnie Cochrane thinking you know anything about anything at all...

Easy angry mob.

How's the Duke Lacrosse team doing?

and I'd suggest to y'all that EVERY woman in your life is sick to death of sex perv creeps bothering them and their friends, so just shut your mouth and stop defending this type of behaviour.....

Nowhere am I defending it.

All I'm asking for is proof, or a trial, or something more than anecdotal stories of industry whispers before I'm shouting crucify him next to you.

But consider yourself the bigger person for your ability to rush to judgement.

A PROBLEM: Weinstein scandal has Democrats in a bind – can they afford to cut their celebrity messengers loose?

Last year at the 89th Annual Academy Awards, then-Vice President Joe Biden walked on stage to a standing ovation to introduce Lady Gaga. He gave a passionate speech on the topic of campus sexual assault, about the need to speak up and “intervene in situations when consent has not or cannot be given.”

In 2013, Michelle Obama appeared at the Oscars via satellite from the White House decked in full evening gown and flanked by U.S. military service members to announce the winner of the best picture Oscar, which just so happened to go to director Ben Affleck’s “Argo.”

These are just two of the most prominent examples of how closely the Obama administration – and with it, the Democratic Party – has been tied to Hollywood, using them as messengers to push their agenda out to the mass public. . . .

The late night hosts who only last week were happy to help Chuck Schumer push the Democrats’ gun control message are suddenly mute when it comes to Weinstein. And this is exactly where the Democrats find themselves in a bind. The party has depended on celebrity messaging for the better part of eight years, and were clearly planning to depend on it heading into the 2018 and 2020 elections (remember Maxine Waters appearing to raucous applause as a voice of The Resistance™ at the MTV Movie Awards?).

But the days of happy backslapping with Ben Affleck and George Clooney are coming to an end for a party that now has to distance itself from celebrity-spokespeople who were content to lecture the rest of the country about their religion, their guns or their politics –
but who couldn’t seem to bring themselves to clean up their own house by calling out one of their closest friends and business colleagues for preying upon vulnerable young women – for years

Read the whole thing.

Associated Press Tries Tying Steve Bannon to Harvey Weinstein

What media bias?

You knew this would happen, right? The media can’t resist the urge to tie anything negative to Trump directly or by extension. The ridiculous thing about this is that it’s a blatant nothing burger. The whole point is to plant an association in people’s minds.

(more…)

THE DAM HAS BURST: Amazon TV Producer Goes Public With Harassment Claim Against Top Exec Roy Price.

Isa Hackett is the daughter of author Philip K. Dick, whose work is the basis for Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle, as well as the upcoming anthology series, Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams. Hackett, 50, is an executive producer on both series. Price, 51, is head of Amazon Studios and has presided over its growth into a major streaming service with such series as Transparent and movies such as Manchester by the Sea. His family has deep connections in the entertainment world: His father, Frank, ran Columbia Pictures and Universal Studios.

Former Playboy model: Oliver Stone sexually assaulted me.

Tired: Ha ha! All the celebrities are on our side!

Wired: Stop trying to tie celebrities to our politicians!

/

Edited by B-Man

So at what point does he get a trial for some of these alleged criminal activities?

Or are none of these actions criminal in nature and we're all just supposed to hate him now for being a sexist jerk because of stories that may or may not be true?

I don't know anything about the man and don't really care, but it's easy in this day and age to ruin someone's reputation and career without any actual proof. Stories, anecdotes, and whispers in the industry don't equal proof.

The angry mob mentality this country can whip up at a moments notice is a bit ridiculous.

I agree with you about the mob mentality to a point (three days is all it took to destroy HW's legacy... three days!). But in the case of HW there are a lot of criminal in nature actions he took (several rapes thus far have been reported, and the rumors are far worse out here). He's long been known to be a predator, this isn't the case of the gossip mill spinning a small event into something larger. He's always been a monster. No one had the balls to do anything about it.

Wonder what changed...

I agree with you about the mob mentality to a point (three days is all it took to destroy HW's legacy... three days!). But in the case of HW there are a lot of criminal in nature actions he took (several rapes thus far have been reported, and the rumors are far worse out here). He's long been known to be a predator, this isn't the case of the gossip mill spinning a small event into something larger. He's always been a monster. No one had the balls to do anything about it.

Wonder what changed...

And until he's charged and convicted it's all alleged.

If all that comes out of this are some stories and a ruined career, it's worthless.

If the man committed crimes, let's charge him, prove it, convict him, and put him away.

If all this information is well known, it shouldn't be that hard to convict.

This situation is the polar opposite of Duke lacrosse.

The only similarity I was trying to draw was convicting people in the court of public opinion without all the facts.

If all that comes out of this are some stories and a ruined career, it's worthless.

If the man committed crimes, let's charge him, prove it, convict him, and put him away.

The only similarity I was trying to draw was convicting people in the court of public opinion without all the facts.

Yeah, like OJ!

The problem is he paid people off for decades to keep them quiet. NDAs are the biggest reason a lot of the industry has been slow to respond/silent.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt. But not him. I've seen his antics first hand, have friends who he's assaulted, he's a bad dude.

The problem is he paid people off for decades to keep them quiet. NDAs are the biggest reason a lot of the industry has been slow to respond/silent.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt. But not him. I've seen his antics first hand, have friends who he's assaulted, he's a bad dude.

Please don't misunderstand that I want to defend this type of behavior, I just don't like anyone, guilty or innocent being tried in the court of public opinion. This is people's lives we're !@#$ing with and they all deserve better than that.