What has Brandon Beane done to improve this team?

Yeezus

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many draft picks do we have next year...?

9 with an asterisk now but that could grow depending what we do in free agency next season, as we have two 1sts (ours and KC), two 2nds (ours and LA Rams), two 3rds (ours and Philly), our 4th, our 5th and possibly our 7th as we traded a conditional pick to the Packers for LB Lerentee McCray but the terms are unknown.

Nothing positive. He was basically hired by McDermott. 19 years and could not get any GM job.

Does that tell you anything?

Well, he IS a GM, so THAT tells me something. What did you expect from a guy who came after free agency and the draft. That's enough to tell this line of thought is not coming from a rational position. Both the HC and GM are still pretty young guys, and I like that.

Nothing positive. He was basically hired by McDermott. 19 years and could not get any GM job.

Yes. That a job market with a maximum 32 jobs is tough to break into. Beane was and is highly regarded. His value will be shown through his drafts as it is for most GMs. He has brought on what appears to be a very good staff to help with that.

Yes. That a job market with a maximum 32 jobs is tough to break into. Beane was and is highly regarded. His value will be shown through his drafts as it is for most GMs. He has brought on what appears to be a very good staff to help with that.

THAT, I believe, is the key to our future. Who are these new scouts, and what will they bring us? It's the lifeblood of the NFL.

So you think SW would be averaging the same ypg on the Bills with TT as he would on a new team that he's been on for two months ? It's not like hockey or baseball where you just plug a guy in.

Yep. He is right on track for an average SW production year.

He's going to get his guys in FA and the draft in 18....Im not complaining about the trades--what you can judge him on so far since he came in after the draft. Hell I would like to see all 6 picks in the first 3 rounds go to the offense....like QB OT OG WR WR and TE and in the 4th a RB to replace Tolbert...so all of the first 7. McDermott and Frazier get the FAs for the D. .

Edited by billsfan714

If you feel it is necessary to start a thread with "serious question" chances are it is going to be a crap thread. Case in point.

Yeah, but you don't know who (or what?) you're dealing with. I think it's an obvious troll job, and I'm not pleased with myself for typing a single letter in this thread. (I'm just bored!)

It tells me that it's a pretty normal amount of time...

It took John Dorsey (ex Chiefs GM) 20 years in the NFL to be hired as a GM.

It took Kevin Colbert (Steelers GM) 26 years in the NFL to get his first GM job.

It took Reggie McKenzie 18 years in NFL

John Schneider (Seattle) 17 years in NFL

Dave Caldwell 17 years in NFL

Mike Maccagnan 25 years in NFL

Tom Telesco 22 years in NFL

Jason Licht 18 years in NFL

Les Snead 17 years in NFL

Bob Quinn 16 years in NFL

Thomas Dimitroff 15 years in NFL

Then there are tons more that had many years of experience in coaching/scouting/administrative at the college level before getting to the NFL and putting in 10,13,14 years (14yrs was a very common one) in the NFL before getting their 1st shot as GM.

Same goes for the GM's listed above. I did not include any of the years they put in at the college level. If I did the # of years experience would be even longer.

Beane had no experience in football before getting that internship with Carolina at 21-22yrs old. So he put in 19 total years, but many (or even most) other guys put in that much time or longer if you include their experience at the college level working their way to the NFL.

Plus he is very young by NFL GM standards, which I'm sure was part of the reason he didn't get his shot sooner.

At this point he's accumulated some draft picks.

Which is potentially huge.

He's also put us on a better financial footing. We were still in some cap trouble looking down the road. With Sammy and Darby gone, less so.

It tells me that it's a pretty normal amount of time...

It took John Dorsey (ex Chiefs GM) 20 years in the NFL to be hired as a GM.

It took Kevin Colbert (Steelers GM) 26 years in the NFL to get his first GM job.

It took Reggie McKenzie 18 years in NFL

John Schneider (Seattle) 17 years in NFL

Dave Caldwell 17 years in NFL

Mike Maccagnan 25 years in NFL

Tom Telesco 22 years in NFL

Jason Licht 18 years in NFL

Les Snead 17 years in NFL

Bob Quinn 16 years in NFL

Thomas Dimitroff 15 years in NFL

Then there are tons more that had many years of experience in coaching/scouting/administrative at the college level before getting to the NFL and putting in 10,13,14 years (14yrs was a very common one) in the NFL before getting their 1st shot as GM.

Same goes for the GM's listed above. I did not include any of the years they put in at the college level. If I did the # of years experience would be even longer.

Beane had no experience in football before getting that internship with Carolina at 21-22yrs old. So he put in 19 total years, but many (or even most) other guys put in that much time or longer if you include their experience at the college level working their way to the NFL.

Plus he is very young by NFL GM standards, which I'm sure was part of the reason he didn't get his shot sooner.

Good post.

Edited by Thurman#1