Rewinding on the KC trade

Rigotz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a pleasure to read something rational.

The Chiefs analogy is rational. Houston is much closer to what the Bills could have had around Watson. Maybe even less. No reason he couldn't be a success here. Thinking he couldn't is classic BBFS

All the trades we made are with teams that will be picking in the bottom half of their respective rounds especially the Eagles and Chiefs.

Jury is still out on the Rams but can't imagine they will be any worse than 9-7 or 8-8 this year which also makes the Watkins trade bad in hindsight considering we could have used him this year and probably would be in a much better spot offensively with him on the roster.

Wait who is gonna have the 30th pick (we sure as hell aint)

And now the Rest are what again. Yeah high 1st round picks.

17 current starters were middle of first round or above, 15 were mid first round and below. So just stop.

It is who you pick and not where you pick.

Passing on Watson was another huge, huge miss that sends our team back even further.

White has been good but if you compare the 2 right now Watson brings more wins to our team easily. Comparing a CB and possible franchise QB on it's own it just silly anyways.

Last 4 games Watson has 12 TD's. He has completely revamped the entire Hou offense. He has 4 INT's so he must suck though right?

Last 4 games Bills have 4 total TD's on Offense.

Edited by Real McCoy

We will end up trading our first and 2nd rounders to trade up and go after one of the QBs this draft. Hope we dont blow it.

It depends on whose willing though because right now all three winless teams are likely going to be looking at a QB, even the Giants who nobody expected to be terrible this year because Eli Manning's best days are obviously behind him as well.

Also you have to consider that any team in the top 5 willing to trade out is still going to be looking for a king's ransom especially know the assets the Bills have which is why it would be smart to use some of them now to try and get immediate help this year for a playoff push.

First round picks are always valuable. You would get one of the 30 top players coming out. That helps a ton if you pick the right guy. What if you pick an OT that becomes a Pro Bowler?

And it would change nothing with respect to my point. It is about picking the right guy, not where you pick him. The front office will do its due diligence and target the guy they think is the best guy. If they feel they have to, they have the ammunition to trade picks to move up.

Doing some quick math, 17 current starters were drafted in the top half of round 1, and 15 were below the top half of round one or lower.

Wow. Just draft a good QB in whatever round they are in. Why didn't we think of that.

Wow. Just draft a good QB in whatever round they are in. Why didn't we think of that.

Now you're being deliberately dumb. What Beane and his assistants and scouts need to do is exhaustively evaluate the QBs coming out this year. And then pick one they truly feel can handle the pro game and that has the smarts and mental makeup to succeed. If it's a guy like a Wentz then do what they have to do to get him. Trade up if they need to. But if it's a guy like Wilson you can get later, do it then.

People joke about process but that's the kind of process they need to go through. As I stated and you want to ignore, about half of the current starting QBs were drafted lower than mid round one.

Now you're being deliberately dumb. What Beane and his assistants and scouts need to do is exhaustively evaluate the QBs coming out this year. And then pick one they truly feel can handle the pro game and that has the smarts and mental makeup to succeed. If it's a guy like a Wentz then do what they have to do to get him. Trade up if they need to. But if it's a guy like Wilson you can get later, do it then.

People joke about process but that's the kind of process they need to go through. As I stated and you want to ignore, about half of the current starting QBs were drafted lower than mid round one.

You listed 7 QB's.

I agree that there's no reason to take a QB you like in the 1st if he's gonna last til the later rounds. But the Bills may have liked Carr and waited too long to get him, too. It goes both ways.

I'd rather have taken Carr 8th overall than not gotten him at all.

You listed 7 QB's.

I agree that there's no reason to take a QB you like in the 1st if he's gonna last til the later rounds. But the Bills may have liked Carr and waited too long to get him, too. It goes both ways.

I'd rather have taken Carr 8th overall than not gotten him at all.

Perhaps it was in another thread. If you look at the current starters in the NFL 17 were mid first round and up, and 15 were lower than mid first round.

I have no doubt they're going to try and find their guy next spring. But where that guy falls in the draft can vary. They have the ammunition to move up if need be.

I do have a suspicion Peterman is the starter opening day 2018.

The way T. White is playing it would have been a win even if it was for only the Chiefs 2nd round pick next year. However, we may regret not staying put and drafing Mahomes or Watson.

Edited by Doc Brown