Big Ben: "Maybe I don't have it anymore"

Big Turk

I wish that were true!!!!!

I've still got twelve years to go but I promise I'm thinking retirement 🤔😉

Well when it comes to football and all the work they put in on their own time if their heart isnt there they should hang em up.

Comparing Big Ben to Tom Brady is a huge difference in terms of mileage on the chassis.

BB has been pounded a thousand times, and he's a huge guy. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

He also quite obviously is not nearly as fit as Brady is. Plus some athletes get lucky and age slowly while others burn out fast.

If BB is talking like that, he has probably already decided it's time to go, even if he doesn't realize it yet.

It seems like his best/most effective football is now years behind him...

When I watched them in Week 1, I thought he played poorly but I assumed it was down to being rusty. Especially with Bell missing TC and Bryant not being fully activated until days before the opener.

Still had some good moments yesterday but he looked perplexed at times. Dobbs/Landry aren't better options so I imagine that he'll play on for the season but I doubt he plays next year.

When I watched them in Week 1, I thought he played poorly but I assumed it was down to being rusty. Especially with Bell missing TC and Bryant not being fully activated until days before the opener.

Still had some good moments yesterday but he looked perplexed at times. Dobbs/Landry aren't better options so I imagine that he'll play on for the season but I doubt he plays next year.

I think there is a bit of the old adage at play as well... once you start thinking about retirement you are already retired. I think Ben was a lot closer than many realised to walking away in the offseason. I think the Steelers believed that this was his last year hence they franchised Bell and signed Haden etc... there was a whiff of chips in the middle of the table about it.

I think there is a bit of the old adage at play as well... once you start thinking about retirement you are already retired. I think Ben was a lot closer than many realised to walking away in the offseason. I think the Steelers believed that this was his last year hence they franchised Bell and signed Haden etc... there was a whiff of chips in the middle of the table about it.

You're probably right on that front. There was a lot of talk about the Patriots doing that but the narrative makes as much (if not more) sense in Pittsburgh.

I don't blame him though. He's taken some absolute beatings in the last dozen years. Likely won't get any better facing KC next week.

Things can change of course in this league week to week, there is enough talent on the Steelers roster to right the ship right away. However, top to bottom, even more so on the offense, the Steelers look like a ticking time bomb ready to implode. Sure they demolished the Ravens a week ago, but not so sure that win is really worthy of being called impressive. My view is that there are bigger issues that are effecting the team that unfortunately spills over to Sunday.

Things can change of course in this league week to week, there is enough talent on the Steelers roster to right the ship right away. However, top to bottom, even more so on the offense, the Steelers look like a ticking time bomb ready to implode. Sure they demolished the Ravens a week ago, but not so sure that win is really worthy of being called impressive. My view is that there are bigger issues that are effecting the team that unfortunately spills over to Sunday.

i agree - with the Antonio Brown drama, Bell playing on the tag and refusing huge deals, the Villanueva saga, etc. They appear to lack leadership.

Well when it comes to football and all the work they put in on their own time if their heart isnt there they should hang em up.

Testify Brother. I couldn't help myself but your point is spot on.

Edited by Buffalo Boy