Tyrod Played Okay

Taylor was neither 'OK' nor is he terrible, as the antithesis of the OP PinOak believe.

He's a fairly effective game manager with unique skills and protects the football better than most NFL QBs.

But here's the thing; if you can say with certainty that the Packers are never out of it in a close game with Aaron Rodgers at QB or the Pats* are never out of it in a close game with Tom Brady at QB, then with absolute certainty, you have to say the Bills are OUT OF IT in a close game with Taylor at QB. If every other aspect of the team plays well overall, he'll be a part of the victory. If not, we lose. I'm convinced the rookie brass @ OBD knows this as well, thus the lengthy desicion and eventual contract restructure.

This is his final season here.

Edit: Aaron Rodgers just pulled off another come from behind win at Dallas.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was here last week too. Until got suspended fo no reason. So i will be here the rest of today and then off the board. Cant be critical of the poor play. Hurts peoples feelings.

But the offense is great. I mean being critical of it last week got be suspended

I doubt you got suspended for no reason. The mods seem pretty lax around here. If this were BBMB 20 people would be perma banned today alone.

I doubt you got suspended for no reason. The mods seem pretty lax around here. If this were BBMB 20 people would be perma banned today alone.

Yeah i got suspended for being critical of the Offense. Because you know we won last week.

Exact quote allow people to enjoy the win take your rant elsewhere. So yes no reason

Yeah i got suspended for being critical of the Offense. Because you know we won last week.

Exact quote allow people to enjoy the win take your rant elsewhere. So yes no reason

Plenty of people are critical of the offense and I haven't seen them get suspended.

Plenty of people are critical of the offense and I haven't seen them get suspended.

Well i know what exactly was said in my suspension. Its fine. I see how things are this year. So will post Sunday only on gamedays and do other things during the week.

Okay folks, raise your hand if you seriously see Tyrod pulling off a drive like Rodgers just did

</crickets>

You cant. But also not a fair comparison with 30 other starting QBs either. Other than Brady. Every team is searching for the next Rodgers, not just Buffalo

Okay folks, raise your hand if you seriously see Tyrod pulling off a drive like Rodgers just did

</crickets>

We all know Tyrod is not one of the greatest of all time.

Well i know what exactly was said in my suspension. Its fine. I see how things are this year. So will post Sunday only on gamedays and do other things during the week.

Ok. See you next Sunday. Have a good week.

Not an anti or pro Taylor crusader to this point, but in what universe was his qb play today ok? He was hesitant and inaccurate while making many poor decisions, he looked lost out there many times with little awareness of the pocket or the field.

yeah, right smack dab in the middle leading the last ranked passing offense. how many years must he be at or near the bottom of the league in passing till you guys will understand he is not what you think he is?

Total passing yards don't matter. Another stat that doesn't correlate with winning at all. Truthfully I think about 5 QBs in the league could have managed 300 yards in the game today. This is true of every QB in the middle tier, they need a good cast around them. And their play is inconsistent. This was Tyrod's lowest rating game in a while. I'm not giving up on him for one bad game with this offense.

What do you want? No Clay, no Matthews. We were in position to win, relax. Bad last series for sure. Tyrod haters going to have their turn and I guess today is it. He was not why we lost.

Wow. I try to be pretty objective about Taylor. Some say I'm too kind to him. But I cannot say he played okay today.

For me, the simplest measure is passer rating. In the modern NFL, you gotta be over 90. Taylor was under 84. That's where Fitzpatrick played, and it's where Manuel tried to get.

His completion percentage was marginally over 50%, which was good in the 1960s but no longer. And he was throwing a ton of short passes, so his percentage should be higher. And those short passes were going for no yards. AND, as if that isn't bad enough, he got sacked six times, killing drives.

If you're going to lay blame for the loss, which I generally don't do, you gotta start with Taylor and you don't have to look much further.

He isn't "terrible," as one poster said, but he clearly cannot make quick decisions and anticipate routes. He's got to wait for the perfect hole. On one play, he had a clear six, but he waited too long because he was scared to throw it. In the NFL, this is not sustainable.

On the positive side, with the exception of the last play, he doesn't give the ball up. He is extremely mobile, but I don't know why he didn't do it today. His offensive weapons, sans McCoy, are the worst in the league. Zay Jones thus far looks really bad. And we're without Matthews and Clay. Last year, he had one of the best deep balls in the league. I don't think there's been one all year. This is a direct result of the way below par wide receivers we have. And, maybe, the offensive coordinator.

Bottom line, today: There were points to be had, but he didn't seize it. However, not too many quarterbacks could've done a lot with these "weapons."

Edited by Just in Atlanta

What do you want? No Clay, no Matthews. We were in position to win, relax. Bad last series for sure. Tyrod haters going to have their turn and I guess today is it. He was not why we lost.

Yes, he was. You can't blame it on the D.

He isn't "terrible," as one poster said, but he clearly cannot make quick decisions and anticipate routes. He's got to wait for the perfect hole. On one play, he had a clear six, but he waited too long because he was scared to throw it. In the NFL, this is not sustainable.

On the positive side, with the exception of the last play, he doesn't give the ball up. He is extremely mobile, but I don't know why he didn't do it today. His offensive weapons, sans McCoy, are the worst in the league. Zay Jones thus far looks really bad. And we're without Matthews and Clay. Last year, he had one of the best deep balls in the league. I don't think there's been one all year. This is a direct result of the way below par wide receivers we have. And, maybe, the offensive coordinator.

Bottom line, today: There were points to be had, but he didn't seize it. However, not too many quarterbacks could've done a lot with these "weapons."

A QB makes good with what we has. Everyone is always making excuses for him.

Three picks and another dropped in the end-zone. That is not solid.

At least Dalton passed for over 300 despite all.

We rank 28 to 31 in passing offense he should be in the 20 to 30 range. No way in hell should Taylor even be in the conversation as a top 15 QB.

This obsession with yards is just pitiful. Yards is purely what determines pass offense rankings. The number two pass offense is the Arizona Cardinals. Losing record but they must be losing in spite of Carson Palmer's heroic efforts, right?

Oh wait, that's not the case. The guy has as many interceptions as touchdowns and is under 60% and his completion percentage.

The NY Giants haven't won a single game despite being the 6th "best" passing offense in the NFL.

This passing offense ranking obsession is pathetic.

This game was a stinker. But it was like the perfect offensive storm of utter crap: a porous OL, the worst WR corps in the NFL, Taylor's #1 go to weapon getting hurt, terribly predictable play calling, untimely penalties negating big plays, WRs dropping balls and not getting open, and yes, of course Taylor making some bad decisions not throwing the football and misfiring a couple throws.

This was as ugly a game offensively. But remember how the sky was falling after Carolina for you extremely overreactive posters?

Yeah, we have a bye week to get back on track.

Trust the process. 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Wow. I try to be pretty objective about Taylor. Some say I'm too kind to him. But I cannot say he played okay today.

For me, the simplest measure is passer rating. In the modern NFL, you gotta be over 90. Taylor was under 84. That's where Fitzpatrick played, and it's where Manuel tried to get.

His completion percentage was marginally over 50%, which was good in the 1960s but no longer. And he was throwing a ton of short passes, so his percentage should be higher. And those short passes were going for no yards. AND, as if that isn't bad enough, he got sacked six times, killing drives.

If you're going to lay blame for the loss, which I generally don't do, you gotta start with Taylor and you don't have to look much further.

Bingo

No excuses. There's good and bad. Don't be so black-and-white.

He's clearly not elite. But he needs weapons. That's a fact - whether you realize it or not.

Yes, he was. You can't blame it on the D.

A QB makes good with what we has. Everyone is always making excuses for him.

At least Dalton passed for over 300 despite all.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

Total passing yards don't matter. Another stat that doesn't correlate with winning at all. Truthfully I think about 5 QBs in the league could have managed 300 yards in the game today. This is true of every QB in the middle tier, they need a good cast around them. And their play is inconsistent. This was Tyrod's lowest rating game in a while. I'm not giving up on him for one bad game with this offense.

No how about the Panthers game? Even when we've won he has been average at a very best. Just made a few good plays and got us by. It will not cut it when we play good teams. Face it he is not good enough.

This. Face it. If he throws with just a little anticipation today and we win this game walking away. Bad receivers and all, this was a very winnable game and we should have. These are the types of losses that will keep us on the drought.

I agree we could of won without Clay or Mathews. It's just TT can't play clutch. There is always an excuse. No No No, he can't hang with the pressure when the game is on the line. So we don't need him. Jimmy Johnson quote.

No how about the Panthers game? Even when we've won he has been average at a very best. Just made a few good plays and got us by. It will not cut it when we play good teams. Face it he is not good enough.

So suddenly the Broncos and Falcons aren't good teams?

Dude, you're just dense.

You're also pathetic with how you're relishing in a bad game by our passing offense.

Outside of 2 games against the Patriots and a game in Arrowhead against KC, our schedule after the bye looks a bit more favorable than what we started the season with.

It will definitely be a boost to Peterman if Trubisky can do something with the horrid Bears offense.

The Bears have worse WR's and a worse O-line, if Trubisky can have a good game that would at least open up conversation that a good QB can elevate the players around him.

except that peterman was drafted on the third day, and trubisky was drafted on the first and was projected to be more then a potentially good backup QB.....

It's hilarious reading here how the WRs are so horrible (worst in the league, would start anywhere else) and half the online is so bad (ducasse, mills, etc.) Yet they expect that this offence can work miracles with a mediocre qb, and thinhs will look so much better if only they switch to the backup QB who has yet to see any game time in his career. This offence needs another off-season worth of moves and drafting to get to a point where it might be able to hold it's own. The inexperienced backup QB isn't going to step in and make a difference. And for those who then think it's best to throw him in anyway to see what they have in him, all we are find to find out is that we have another QB to make excuses for because his online has holes, the running game isn't working and the WRs suck.....