Washington Post article on Bills Season/Defense

klos63

I kinda hate all the attention the bills are getting. Every time the bills, as of late, have gotten off to a good start, they crap the bed in an "easy win" game and can never get back on track. I love McD and the scheme he is running but I'm very cautious to buy-in and emotionally commit myself to believing this team is legit. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Excellent article. I would add that good one on one corners cost more, so a zone scheme gives you more cap room. Carolina releasing Norman was a trade off sort of move. Good player, but your D can be fine without stars by running a lot of zone, and you can spend your money elsewhere.

Big test for our D tomorrow. Green is for real.

Thanks again for the good read.

Nice read. Thanks for Wharton.

Really hoping Marcel can wake the ef up and join the party. If he does and can regain some of his 2014 form, watch out. Gotta love McDermott so far. Dude looks to have an idea

This was the most interesting bit of the article to me:

Coverage 2016 Panthers 2017 Bills

Man 13.4% 27.3%

Zone 86.6% 72.7%

Cover 0 0.2% 1.9%

Cover 1 11.7% 25.9%

Cover 2 13.2% 17.1%

2-Man 1.5% 2.5%

Cover 3 37.3% 34.2%

Cover 4 26.7% 22.8%

Cover 6 9.4% 7.0%

I mentioned on a thread the other day that the bits of film study I have had time to do suggested we were in more man than I expected and those numbers bear that out.

Edited by GunnerBill

I kinda hate all the attention the bills are getting. Every time the bills, as of late, have gotten off to a good start, they crap the bed in an "easy win" game and can never get back on track. I love McD and the scheme he is running but I'm very cautious to buy-in and emotionally commit myself to believing this team is legit. Hopefully I'm wrong.

No worries! Dr Evil's Washington Post is never right about anything.

Yes... the article was full of actual facts and analysis..I can understand why it was confusing for you....

I knew when I posted the article, some would only notice where the article came from not the substance of the article.

No worries! Dr Evil's Washington Post is never right about anything.

I'll try to find a Breitbart piece on the Bills for you.

Man, does that ever hit the nail on the head....add on top of that losing just before the BYE week and today is a very dangerous game

I knew when I posted the article, some would only notice where the article came from not the substance of the article.

yes, that's exactly it. Making fun of the WaPo sports article is exactly the same. I'd make fun of LA Times covering the sabres. Or any such thing.

Well, the Post does blow. Particularly their football coverage.

But then, that's not surprising when you cover the Redskins.

Man, does that ever hit the nail on the head....add on top of that losing just before the BYE week and today is a very dangerous game

Very rarely has it been 2 quality wins in a row. It's always beat the packers and go on the road and lose to a mediocre Raiders team. Broncos/Falcons wins followed by a Bengals win would set this team apart.