Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

There are definitely some angry folks on the wrong side of history, holding onto their rapidly-eroding status of being in the cultural driver's seat. If all you have going for you is that you're a white male - you need to work on yourself. It's not society's fault.

All of that said - Cam is a moron.

being a white male is no different than a Philippino woman unless you let it be.

Gender identity is a social construct.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of dinosaurs here. Just like in real life.

My wife was recruited out of college by IBM to be a programmer. She was the only female in the recruited group. Her entire career she was paid less than the men whose programs she would have to fix, because some of them were clueless.

She was often not taken seriously because she was a good-looking woman. This behavior didn't make her real happy.

In this thread, we see some with the same stupid attitude that she often encountered. When called on it, they lash out and call the rest of us feminists or something similar.

It's all looked at differently by the dinosaurs when it's their wife or daughter that is treated that way. The dinosaurs are insecure, afraid, little children who can't distinguish between a macho idiot and a man.

Exactly. They defend their right to belittle women to the death, as well. Good for them, but the rest of the US is hopefully getting smarter.

Exactly. They defend their right to belittle women to the death, as well. Good for them, but the rest of the US is hopefully getting smarter.

"Political correctness" is an annoying, often counter-productive way to advance a laudable goal of increased respect and tolerance. But it is not, as some posters here (and many in society) think, a symptom of degrading moral standing or a societal loss of fortitude. It's just Grievance-Based Politics. Again, super-annoying; doesn't make us weaker as a people.

"Political correctness" is an annoying, often counter-productive way to advance a laudable goal of increased respect and tolerance. But it is not, as some posters here (and many in society) think, a symptom of degrading moral standing or a societal loss of fortitude. It's just Grievance-Based Politics. Again, super-annoying; doesn't make us weaker as a people.

Fair enough. Agree.

But when the best start taking a back seat, that's when problems compound. You can't over correct, over social engineer. You have to still elevate and look to the best as the right example in society, no matter who they are.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

being a white male is no different than a Philippino woman unless you let it be.

Gender identity is a social construct.

Have you ever seen gravity hit a Filipino woman? It ain't pretty.

Did she shake her head and dump you when you called Dan Manucci "the next Joe Ferguson"?

No. But I did see Dan Manucci's parents at a bar in Scottsdale called Hightops, while Dan was playing in a Bills game, and they had the world's first camcorder taking Betamax home movies of a 12 inch screen up in a corner showing the game.

It quite effectively divides the people though. I think intent is often lost in the mix, when it should be greatly considered.

It quite effectively divides the people though. I think intent is often lost in the mix, when it should be greatly considered.

That's why I called it counter-productive! Which it is. But to long for the days when you could grab the secretary's a$$ or when Sean Connery's Bond wasn't afraid to "hit a b-" is just sad. Get on the right side of history, there is no going back.

It also cultivates the whole "heroic victim" martyr mentality.

And that's what I meant by Grievance-Based Politics. Super annoying and counter-productive, both in society as a whole and within personal relationships (we all know a few folks who "carry their cross" around). It's the worst. But that doesn't mean the motives are bad - just the tactics.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

It sounded more like she made a statement to me and look how smart I am to say such a thing. Had no trouble with Cam's reply and don't think she should be upset at all. I've played and watched football for over 50 years and wouldn't know how to make a sensible reply to that question. But the outrage fits right in with todays society. Just a tad thin skinned to me but hey we're all entitled to our own opinions.

It sounded more like she made a statement to me and look how smart I am to say such a thing. Had no trouble with Cam's reply and don't think she should be upset at all. I've played and watched football for over 50 years and wouldn't know how to make a sensible reply to that question. But the outrage fits right in with todays society. Just a tad thin skinned to me but hey we're all entitled to our own opinions.

victim blaming. Cute.

The point is that this is a professional atmosphere and everyone is on the clock. Customers, vendors, partners, etc....all say stupid things at times. Responding condescendingly is extremely unprofessional.

The point is that this is a professional atmosphere and everyone is on the clock. Customers, vendors, partners, etc....all say stupid things at times. Responding condescendingly is extremely unprofessional.

he is a pro football player not a professional speaker.