GDT: AL Wild Card Twins at Yankees (ESPN)

Fadingpain

Still work to do for the Yankees, but I LOVE this team. Perfect blend of young blood and veterans with Frazier being the key. He looks like he's having more fun than anyone in baseball right now and it's refreshing to see. No attitudes on this team, and they all genuinely love the game and playing together. Regardless of the outcome this year I'm very proud of this team and what they've accomplished so much sooner than expected. And we still have young stud talent waiting to come up! Exciting time to be a Yankee fan again!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mets fans are losing their minds right now.

I say relax. Even though it doesn't look for Houston right now, but they too haven't lost a home game this post season and they have Verlander going in game 6.

The Yankees have a lot of work left to do, but boy have I seen a lot of Yankees fans being arrogant around my area.

I can understand why people around the country can't stand Yankees fans, cause there is an entire generation of Yankees fans who have NO IDEA what it's like to rebuild, so these arrogant Yankee fans should be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't pay much attention to it cause I don't follow baseball or know it too well, but me being in the public eye in the MYC metro area.......... I here all of it.

May I ask why you're trolling this thread? Every Yankees fan who's not a drooling moron knows what we're up against in Houston in games 6 and 7. We are aware that Verlander is dominant. What is your MLB team?

May I ask why you're trolling this thread? Every Yankees fan who's not a drooling moron knows what we're up against in Houston in games 6 and 7. We are aware that Verlander is dominant. What is your MLB team?

I'm not a MLB fan any more. The 94 strike took care of that for me.

I just live around people who hate the Yankees and younger arrogant Yankees fans. It's a war zone I'm around and I try to keep out. My neighbors are literally at war over baseball.

I'm not a MLB fan any more. The 94 strike took care of that for me.

I just live around people who hate the Yankees and younger arrogant Yankees fans. It's a war zone I'm around and I try to keep out. My neighbors are literally at war over baseball.

This thread is for baseball fans who are watching the playoffs.

I kindly request that you respect that.

Gug I give you a lot of credit. Not often a Mets fan roots for the Yankees or puts the rivalry aside.

I used to be a huge baseball fan. Mariano Riviera is my favorite player of all time and I remember being heart broken when the Yankees traded my favorite player (Roberto Kelly) for some guy I hadn't heard of Paul O'Neil. That said the last few years have been rough as a Yankee fan and not for the reason you might think. There were no more "Yankees" on the team. SUre there were a bunch of guys wearing the uniform but none that grew up with the team. Watching guys go to the Yanks when they were washed up and cashing that last check really turned me off to the team. I was so happy last year when they decided to go young. Watching these guys has been a treat. They are having fun! I'm not as big a fan as I used to be but they I have been lured back in. I love watching these guys play and play for each other.

Now if they could do something about 4 hour games...

Gug I give you a lot of credit. Not often a Mets fan roots for the Yankees or puts the rivalry aside.

I used to be a huge baseball fan. Mariano Riviera is my favorite player of all time and I remember being heart broken when the Yankees traded my favorite player (Roberto Kelly) for some guy I hadn't heard of Paul O'Neil. That said the last few years have been rough as a Yankee fan and not for the reason you might think. There were no more "Yankees" on the team. SUre there were a bunch of guys wearing the uniform but none that grew up with the team. Watching guys go to the Yanks when they were washed up and cashing that last check really turned me off to the team. I was so happy last year when they decided to go young. Watching these guys has been a treat. They are having fun! I'm not as big a fan as I used to be but they I have been lured back in. I love watching these guys play and play for each other.

Now if they could do something about 4 hour games...

You never heard of Paul O'Neill until he came to the Yankees? As a baseball fan how is that possible?

As for the Yankees, I have always detested them being a Mets fan. Yankee fans reminded me of NE fans. They just thought they were entitled to the World Series every year. Routing for a team that has not won the WS since 1986 you could see where that would get annoying. I probably would like Houston to win this series, but....this Yankees team is lot tougher to hate. Their mostly kids & you could tell they are having the time of their life. The Yankees are playing with house money, they are at least 2 years ahead of schedule & they got nothing to lose. That makes them very dangerous. Winning one in Houston will be tough. Not sure they could do it.

Well, yeah.

But I'm not losing my mind. These playoffs have been a pleasure to watch and I'm all in on the Yankees.

You just loss your Mets fan card pal.

Prior to the season, I predicted that this year the Yanks would be relevant late in the season, but miss the playoffs. I also believed (still do) that starting next year, they'll be another dynasty like the late 90s - 2000s team, for many years to come.

They shocked me this year that they were able to sustain such a great season.

They're a very talented, very fun, team to watch. Girardi should get Manager of the Year unanimously.

Nothing would make me happier than another Subway Series next year.

There were rumblings that if he didn't get by Cleveland he wasn't going to be welcomed back. Funny how a few wins change things.

You never heard of Paul O'Neill until he came to the Yankees? As a baseball fan how is that possible?

As for the Yankees, I have always detested them being a Mets fan. Yankee fans reminded me of NE fans. They just thought they were entitled to the World Series every year. Routing for a team that has not won the WS since 1986 you could see where that would get annoying. I probably would like Houston to win this series, but....this Yankees team is lot tougher to hate. Their mostly kids & you could tell they are having the time of their life. The Yankees are playing with house money, they are at least 2 years ahead of schedule & they got nothing to lose. That makes them very dangerous. Winning one in Houston will be tough. Not sure they could do it.

It happened right after my 11th birthday. My baseball knowledge outside of the Yankees and Mets was what cards I had collected and some teams out west. The first world series game I got to stay up for was the earthquake game as it was on my birthday. That happened 2 years before the trade. Even with the reds winning the world series I didn't watch much of that as I hated the Athletics.

I agree about Yankees fans and their idea of buying titles (that didn't even work). Rooting for the Yankees was and is so much better when they are guys you have watched develop. Younger ball players have an exuberance that most of the old guys don't.

It happened right after my 11th birthday. My baseball knowledge outside of the Yankees and Mets was what cards I had collected and some teams out west. The first world series game I got to stay up for was the earthquake game as it was on my birthday. That happened 2 years before the trade. Even with the reds winning the world series I didn't watch much of that as I hated the Athletics.

I agree about Yankees fans and their idea of buying titles (that didn't even work). Rooting for the Yankees was and is so much better when they are guys you have watched develop. Younger ball players have an exuberance that most of the old guys don't.

There is a guy that subs once in awhile on our softball team that actually played in the minor leagues with Paul O'neill & Eric Davis. He has a picture of them three. It is pretty neat stuff.

The Yankees especially in the later years (2000's) did try to buy their title but their best teams(mid to late 90's) did have a lot of home grown talent; Jeter, Posada, Riveria, Bernie Williams, Pettite

There is a guy that subs once in awhile on our softball team that actually played in the minor leagues with Paul O'neill & Eric Davis. He has a picture of them three. It is pretty neat stuff.

The Yankees especially in the later years (2000's) did try to buy their title but their best teams(mid to late 90's) did have a lot of home grown talent; Jeter, Posada, Riveria, Bernie Williams, Pettite

Yup and those were my favorite teams. I was never big on Posada though. Blasphemy but I always pined for Jason Varitek as I thought he called a fantastic game. Bernie was my guy and obviously Jeter and as I stated earlier Mo is my favorite baseball player of all time. I love pitchers that say here is what I got can you hit it? That is why this team is sucking me back in. It is young guys much like the late 90s teams. I think we are seeing the start of something special (hopefully).

Gonna be a great game.

Who knows which Sevorino will be there tonight. I'd imagine that CC would come in, if the need for long relief is necessary.

After winning three straight, I can't see the Yanks dropping one. Verlander will show that he's human tonight.

I'm a Mets fan too and this sums it up pretty well for me. I can't think of anything to hate about this group of Yankees...except of course that they are Yankees :)

Only thing I disagree with is the playing with house money comment. That was probably true up until they won the last game. Now it's on them to finish the job. Getting this far isn't easy, especially coming back from 0-2 in 2 straight series. And as bright as things look right now, it can change quickly. Don't want to squander an unexpected opportunity like the Mets did a few years ago,

Gonna be a great game.

Who knows which Sevorino will be there tonight. I'd imagine that CC would come in, if the need for long relief is necessary.

After winning three straight, I can't see the Yanks dropping one. Verlander will show that he's human tonight.

CC is slated to start game 7 if needed, so I doubt they go to him tonight. The bullpen for the Yankees is stocked and well rested with Chad Green, David Robertson, Tommy Kahnley, Jaime Garcia, and Aroldis Chapman. Even if Severino drops a stinker like in the wildcard game I think the Yanks could pull it out. Verlander scares me, as he has been the most impressive pitcher I have seen in the playoffs. If they can hit Keuchel the way they did the other night, however, I think they can get to Verlander.

CC is slated to start game 7 if needed, so I doubt they go to him tonight. The bullpen for the Yankees is stocked and well rested with Chad Green, David Robertson, Tommy Kahnley, Jaime Garcia, and Aroldis Chapman. Even if Severino drops a stinker like in the wildcard game I think the Yanks could pull it out. Verlander scares me, as he has been the most impressive pitcher I have seen in the playoffs. If they can hit Keuchel the way they did the other night, however, I think they can get to Verlander.

Yeah Verlander threw a ton of pitches last game as well. I'm more excited for this game than I have a baseball game since I don't know when. Hope the Yanks can close it out tonight as I don't have the nerves for a game 7!