Beating Bengals would be more impressive than last two.

webtoe

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and THAT is why we play the games! I'm not cocky in the slightest!

HA! What do you know about my attitude? That may be more telling about YOUR attitude. I said above I wasn't calling out haters. I'm just trying to state the obvious. I'm not arguing it could be a dangerous game. I've stated that repeatedly. Is it more "impressive" than beating the Broncos then the Falcons on the road. NO. No it is not.

The way you phrase things paints a pretty clear picture of what you and some of the others on this board are all about. This is the part were you declare that your done with me. Then one of your buddies will console you and tell you not to bother with me because the big bad mods will take care of me. Edited by Billsmovinup

I'm (seriously!) nervous too, but to win it over a team that would then be 1-4 is NOT more impressive than winning over teams that were 5-0 combined when we faced them.

Yeah. I think the OP might have wanted to put it something like this, that "A LOSS To The Bengals Would Be Worse Feeling Than the Win Over Atlanta Was A Good One." I would be seriously bummed if they blew this one going into the bye week.

The way you phrase things paints a pretty clear picture of what you and some of the others on this board are all about. This is the part were you declare that your done with me. Then one of your buddies will console you and tell you not to bother with me because the big bad mods will take care of me.

Where on earth is that coming from? We beat a couple teams that were a combined 5-0, with one coming off a Super Bowl. We are about to face a 1-3 team that is certainly capable of beating us. I know what's more impressive, though I know we may lose on Sunday.

Edited by Augie

Yeah. I think the OP might have wanted to put it something like this, that "A LOSS To The Bengals Would Be Worse Feeling Than the Win Over Atlanta Was A Good One." I would be seriously bummed if they blew this one going into the bye week.

Well, if we are going to start with different phrasing, I'm all ears! :) I'm just discussing what is, not what could have been, or may be in the future. (For example, after 17 weeks, the Bengals MIGHT look like a better win.)

Alright, sorry I was part of something that turned so weird....

Any Bills road win in the lat decade or more is impressive. Back-to-back road wins would be really incredible to me.

Win. Get to the bye and lick the wounds and come back out with two tough but winnable home games. Starts with Cinci and I'm looking forward to it, though I'm taking nothing for granted and I hope our team doesn't either.

Well, if we are going to start with different phrasing, I'm all ears! :) I'm just discussing what is, not what could have been, or may be in the future. (For example, after 17 weeks, the Bengals MIGHT look like a better win.)

Alright, sorry I was part of something that turned so weird....

What exactly is so weird? Didnt say I was gonna come to your house and murder your entire family. Just trying to make a valid point. In the past half an hour the word troll has reared its ugly head and the usual ganging up crap has started.All in response to me saying this would be the most impressive win of the season. I think what Im saying is completely logical and complimentary to the team. I think many fans would be ok if we lost. They wouldnt like it. But theyd be able to rationalize it and would be able to look at the next game in a very positive light.

Just to be clear, the sharps think the Bills be a losing..Bills are a 3 point underdog, not a slight favorite

What will it take to get you guys to realize a betting line is not a prediction of who will win?

Thanks for proving my point.

Go in with that mentality, and we're gonna get burned. Since switching OC's, he's been lights out.

What fans think has nothing to do with how a team prepares and how they go about their business on Sundays.

Beating the 1-3 Bengals is more impressive than beating a team that went to the SB last year? Yeah, not buying that.

Yeah, I can't believe I had to come down this far to find someone with some sense. However, the Bills are underdogs, again, for this road game. Offense needs to step up.

I agree it would be impressive because this is the definition of a trap game. To underestimate Cincinnatis playmakers, especially their defense, just because theyve had a rough patch is the same mentality Denver had Week 3

Bills being 3 point underdogs = trap game?

I don't want to speak for the OP, but he may have a point. In some ways it will be more impressive to go on the road , with injuries and win a game vs a 1-3 team that will be desperate than to sneak up on a top team ( without two of its best players for much of the contest) and pull the upset. I get it, it's not way off base. Sure at the end of the season pundits will point to the ATL as likely the Bills most impressive win. However, if the 2017 Bills break the drought fans may look to a humdrum matchup vs a 1-3 Bengals team with its back to the wall as the day their team became a squad worthy of the playoffs. Winning on the road is paramount , and what team wouldn't be jacked up to play against one of the SuperBowl participants from the last season? When outside expectations are raised it can be easy to wilt, and we've all seen many a Bills team do this over the years. Lastly, the current Bills have done nothing to warrant fans talking about " trap" games. Besides the fact that the concept has been debunked as a myth, it had a certain parameter. Particularly that it was a non division opponent sandwiched between division games. Also a team generally had to be thought of as a consistent winner and be facing a weaker, less talented team. At some point I hope the Bills get to where they are expected to win lots of games, I remember what that was like. They aren't there yet.

What will it take to get you guys to realize a betting line is not a prediction of who will win?

Do you know what "prediction" means? I mean, gambling lines can be argued as one of the most reputable predictors ever created.

Edited by Paulus

As impressive as the last two wins have been, it is altogether different to go on the road against a familiar conference opponent as a slight favorite and pull out the victory. It was not too many years ago that the Bills went to Cincinnati 'on a roll' and got their ass handed to them.

I am cautiously optimistic at the moment, but get this W and I will be fully on the bandwagon.

They went there and won last year.

And beating the Bengals will not be more impressive than beating last year's SHOULD HAVE BEEN Super Bowl Champions. Not to mention beating the Broncos with that defense.

They've played the past three years' Super Bowl Champion and the two runners up .... in the last 3 weeks.