Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

Can you imagine if Watson was here, man this team would be SB bound. Bills are winning now using Tyrod, man if Watson was here dam this team would be unstoppable. Sure would be nice to have a QB that could get the yards Watson is getting. I hope and pray QB stays as the top pick next draft regardless of what this team does this season.

Yeah. I would rather continue to both develop Tyrod into our franchise quarterback and continue to build a team and friggin win games, not play fantasy football with roster spots.

Haha, franchise QB roll? Come on man your dreaming.

I wish him luck this season but he is not in my opinion a franchise worthy QB he is a good enough QB to be a solid backup for fill in duty. I hope he proves me incorrect and wins us a SB but his numbers are proving he is still the same QB as he was his entire career. Im enjoying the wins and hope Im incorrect but Tyrod has a huge hill to climb in my opinion.

Edited by xRUSHx

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some so called experts were saying ( before the draft ) that Watson should be a day two draft pick , and most ( scouts , experts ) did not know if his play will transfer to the next level ( NFL)

Many of us here were saying that Watson = Tyrod , i cant remember anyone ( on here ) saying that we should even consider Watson with our 1st round pick ,

I'd have picked him at 10 if he was there (which he was) and was absolutely consistent on that all spring. I had a mid 1st round grade on him and there were plenty of draft experts who did too.... they just were not the Network talking heads of Kiper and McShay and Mayock etc.

For now, enjoy watching Watson and the other new QBs, and watching to see how they develop. If you love football you love watching good players, even if they're on other teams.

100% agree John. I do not get the view that if they are not a Bill you should root against them. I root against two teams very hard each week... one is the team we play the other is the Patriots.

You should always, ALWAYS wait until at least a quarterback's SECOND season to declare whether or not he is any good. Even that often isn't enough time.

Once the book is out on a QB and the league learns his tendencies, THAT'S when you can declare whether or not he's any good. Saying Watson is better than Tyrod right now, or that Watson is definitely going to be a good NFL quarterback, are foolhardy statements. Both statements MAY turn out to be true in time, but are not true yet.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I wanted the Bills to draft Watson. Tre'davious White looks like a stud and I'm glad he's a Bill, but I'd have rather had Watson. Time will till if you and I were right or not, but to say we know already is silly.

Can you imagine if Watson was here, man this team would be SB bound. Bills are winning now using Tyrod, man if Watson was here dam this team would be unstoppable. Sure would be nice to have a QB that could get the yards Watson is getting. I hope and pray QB stays as the top pick next draft regardless of what this team does this season.

Haha, franchise QB roll? Come on man your dreaming.

I wish him luck this season but he is not in my opinion a franchise worthy QB he is a good enough QB to be a solid backup for fill in duty. I hope he proves me incorrect and wins us a SB but his numbers are proving he is still the same QB as he was his entire career. If we do make the playoffs and thats a huge if I dont see us going past round one with Tyrod as the QB. Im enjoying the wins and hope Im incorrect but Tyrod has a huge hill to climb in my opinion.

Watson averages 202 yards per game on 29 pass attempt average. If you want to negate his first game he averages 236 ypg on 30 pass attempt average. His big yardage came against Ten and NE who rank 29th and 32nd on defense. He isn't doing any better than Tyrod on the yardage department and is doing worse turning over the football. Watson also played against two of the worst defenses in the league. Tyrod has faced three of the best.

Watson may turn out better than Tyrod but right now isn't doing any better. He simply has been given far more attempts against far weaker teams. He got a little over 100 yards against Cinci.

Edited by Scott7975

Yeah read my updated post.

I am not interested in comparing him to Tyrod Taylor and never have been. I think Deshaun Watson has a great chance to be a franchise Quarterback. Believed that before the draft, believe it now. Don't like the Bills punting the QB decision when they have a chance to take someone I think can be that. Doesn't mean I hate Tyrod. Just when a QB that can be special drops to you in the 1st round of the NFL Draft you take them in my opinion unless you have a guy who has absolutely proven to be a franchise guy. The Bills obviously didn't feel that way about Deshaun. I think in the long run that will be a mistake.

EDIT: I'll also defend him on that Cincy game. It was his 1st start, short week, on the road, against a good D with 3 dressed WRs and 1 dressed TE off the practice squad. He looked bad as a passer that night, but that shouldn't surprise anyone in the circumstances and he helped his team get the W.

Edited by GunnerBill

I am not interested in comparing him to Tyrod Taylor and never have been. I think Deshaun Watson has a great chance to be a franchise Quarterback. Believed that before the draft, believe it now. Don't like the Bills punting the QB decision when they have a chance to take someone I think can be that. Doesn't mean I hate Tyrod. Just when a QB that can be special drops to you in the 1st round of the NFL Draft you take them in my opinion unless you have a guy who has absolutely proven to be a franchise guy. The Bills obviously didn't feel that way about Deshaun. I think in the long run that will be a mistake.

EDIT: I'll also defend him on that Cincy game. It was his 1st start, short week, on the road, against a good D with 3 dressed WRs and 1 dressed TE off the practice squad. He looked bad as a passer that night, but that shouldn't surprise anyone in the circumstances and he helped his team get the W.

Then don't compare them. I responded to a poster that said it would be nice if we could get the yards he is. We essentially are against much tougher teams. Tyrod just isn't getting the attempts.

If the Bills had taken Watson instead of trading down, the Bills would probably be 1 - 3 now since TT would still be starting at this point and the defense would not be quite as good without White who is a pretty good CB on a team that definitely needed one. Short term, Buffalo made the right decision, Long term, no one can say right now. I can understand the draft philosophy that resulted in trading down, getting an extra number 1 next year and then ending up with a very good CB. Is TT the long term answer? We will have a better idea after this season. Trust the process.

Then don't compare them. I responded to a poster that said it would be nice if we could get the yards he is. We essentially are against much tougher teams. Tyrod just isn't getting the attempts.

I didn't. I only responded to your initial post before you edited it to point out that including the week 1 game where he didn't start was a bit harsh.

• 2 weeks later...

Well 2 weeks go I posted this not only did the Bills pass on Watson. But the Browns passed twice. If I was the Browns I would have took Mahomes and Watson. Again you can have a team of all stars. If you don't have a QB your not going anywhere. Go figure the Bills did it again and passed. Ground Hog day again and again. We're losers.

Well 2 weeks go I posted this not only did the Bills pass on Watson. But the Browns passed twice. If I was the Browns I would have took Mahomes and Watson. Again you can have a team of all stars. If you don't have a QB your not going anywhere. Go figure the Bills did it again and passed. Ground Hog day again and again. We're losers.

Neat.

Cool story bro.