Don't go too crazy just yet....

Domdab99

Agreed. It will be extremely disappointing if we lose all four of those games. Yeah we could still make the playoffs in doing so. But we need to win at least one of those four to even think we can compete with the top of the conference.

The excuses the past 2 seasons was Rex ruined the Defense. Well, it appears the defense is back.

One more excuse gone.

Am I sold? No, not yet. Excited, yes.

If I was a "Billiever" in TT I'd be saying the Bills would go 12 - 4.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The excuses the past 2 seasons was Rex ruined the Defense. Well, it appears the defense is back.

One more excuse gone.

Am I sold? No, not yet. Excited, yes.

If I was a "Billiever" in TT I'd be saying the Bills would go 12 - 4.

If the defense continues to play at this level and the offense doesn't make mistakes 12-4 is not far fetched at all.

Yep. We have seen this show before. The Bills have had some nice starts in the past, only to watch the wheels come off and the season drift down the drain.

So it's understandable that many of us remain cautious.

There are some legitimate reasons to be optimistic however.

1. This defense doesn't seem to be a fluke. In fact, it's pretty much where this D was trending until Rex Ryan waltzed into town. Our defense was strong the two seasons before Ryan arrived, and immediately rebounded when he left. After four games, it's been consistently strong against every opponent we've faced and against a variety of schemes and looks. That's always a very good sign.

2. We've seen Rick Dennison's offense adapt to Tyrod Taylor over the last 2 weeks. I'll be honest and say I didn't see that happening. If our OC is wiling to play to his players strengths, we may be in decent shape. I don't know how much he can change the blocking scheme at this point, but we know they are capable of being the NFL's best rushing team and Top 10 in scoring.

3. At some point, the Bills are bound to be good again. At some point, the playoff-less streak will end. At some point, we are going to surprise the critics and turn it around. Why can't it be 2017?

I'm really hoping for a great year, of course, but I can't imagine this team's good fortune continuing - the favorable calls, the turnovers at the right time, etc. - with the severe lack of talent and playmakers they have on offense. The injuries to Humber and Mathews don't help, either.

The Bengals game will say a lot...

Of the 3-1 (and potential 3-1+) teams, we have faced the highest opponent W/L so far.

PIT: 5-11

DEN: 7-9

PHI: 6-10

DET: 7-9

GB: 7-9

CAR: 7-9

RAMS: 5-10 (Washington's MNF Result to determine last tick)

BUF: 11-5

Potential 3-1+ teams:

WAS: 11-4 - If Washington wins they will be tied with us as KC would have to lose for Washington to be 3-1

KC: 7-8

If the defense continues to play at this level and the offense doesn't make mistakes 12-4 is not far fetched at all.

The offense needs to do more than just not make mistakes to get to anything approaching 12-4. They will need to actually score points as well.

Of the 3-1 (and potential 3-1+) teams, we have faced the highest opponent W/L so far.

PIT: 5-11

DEN: 7-9

PHI: 6-10

DET: 7-9

GB: 7-9

CAR: 7-9

RAMS: 5-10 (Washington's MNF Result to determine last tick)

BUF: 11-5

Potential 3-1+ teams:

WAS: 11-4 - If Washington wins they will be tied with us as KC would have to lose for Washington to be 3-1

KC: 7-8

A lot will change, but that's very interesting.

This win vs Atlanta has me dreaming big.....I would have bet real $ on us losing yesterday....this could be the beginning of a special season.....I know we've been here before, but Denver and Atlanta were 2 of the big boys on our schedule...I can see us at 11-5 now...I didn't at the beginning of the year..

we shall see. the effort will be there. and the coaching will be there. whether the talent and the turnover differential show up from week to week ? hopefully... there will be some bad times to come, but even 3-2 at the bye has to be good news; 4-1 would be the apolocalypse

Wow Buffalo D is ranked # 1 I know it's only been 4 games but still ,

Patriots* #32 last

Depends what measure you're using to rank it, YPG they're ranked 10th and Denver is #1. NE is last no matter how you rank it. :DI do agree that this is D is for real and should be solid throughout the year.

That was the chan/fitz year where we had a huge turnover differential but generally weren't playing great, right?

This team is playing much more sustainable football if so... barring injuries.

Plus 6 on the TO ratio so far, which is probably not sustainable.

Bills' record since 2011 after the first few games:

2016: 4-2

2015: 3-2

2014: 3-2

2013: 2-2

2012: 3-3

2011: 5-2

I'm loving this..but let's see what they do in Cincinnati...

Its is just so Billsy that a post showing starting seasons W-Ls is immediately thought to be a harbinger of bad things ahead.

Please let it not be again. I tell you it does not feel like those other years except maybe maybe Fitztragic. 2011.

This win vs Atlanta has me dreaming big.....I would have bet real $ on us losing yesterday....this could be the beginning of a special season.....I know we've been here before, but Denver and Atlanta were 2 of the big boys on our schedule...I can see us at 11-5 now...I didn't at the beginning of the year..

Lets Start Getting Crazy Early

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

#2 Seed Buffalo, # 10 seed NE.

I'm pretty nervous about this Cincy game. By no means a gimmie.

The Bills are depending an awful lot on turnovers to win these games. That 5-1 start in 2011 was powered by hordes of turnovers in those early season games. After that, complete collapse. This team looks to be better coached, but still--if Atlanta recovers that fumble by Tolbert, or if either Ryan's fumble or the second interception gets reversed--quite likely prospects--the Bills lose in Atlanta.

Edited by Dr. K