Taylor -- 106.7 rating today

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another normal day for Tyrod where he makes some nice throws, makes some plays with his legs and generally plays it safe with his passes. Its what weve gotten and what we can typically expect from him.

Playing well enough on offense, 25 points a game, to beat two of the top 5-10 teams in the league in a row, both of which were undefeated at the time?

Another normal day for Tyrod where he makes some nice throws, makes some plays with his legs and generally plays it safe with his passes. Its what weve gotten and what we can typically expect from him.

The beauty of having the best defense in the league - we can win games that way.

That he isn't playing his normal game, he is a little better. He has no WR and not a great run game. And we just beat two top teams because of a better defense and a better Tyrod.

What is he doing now thats noticeably different from anything weve seen the last 2 years? The only thing thats different to me is he has a good defense to back him up.

The beauty of having the best defense in the league - we can win games that way.

I dont deny that. Ive always maintained that Tyrod was good enough to win games with if he had a solid supporting cast. The defense is keeping us in games and Tyrod doesnt have to do a lot.

What is he doing now thats noticeably different from anything weve seen the last 2 years? The only thing thats different to me is he has a good defense to back him up.

I dont deny that. Ive always maintained that Tyrod was good enough to win games with if he had a solid supporting cast. The defense is keeping us in games and Tyrod doesnt have to do a lot.

He is finding open receivers more often, throwing from the pocket instead of running and throwing over the middle - which are all things that he has been accused of not doing since he has been here.

Teams are forcing him to "play pocket passer QB" and he is beating them because of it.

Whats your point?

The way I see it the better the opposition the less room you have for error,

so in that respect Tyrod Taylor and McD's D could be the right formula for success against playoff caliber football teams IMO.

I'm just saying... :flirt:

Taylor was only good today because Clay was great. If you take out Clay's performance, Taylor was abysmal today.

The Matthews TD was a great play. He had a couple nice passes to Zones he dropped. He had a couple great scrambles. He had a really nice pass over the middle to Holmes.

Not to mention the pass to Clay was phenomenal, better than the easy catch.

But no one listens to you, or cares, for good reason.

That's just not true.

I'm not sure why you're giving Tyrod credit for Tre White's touchdown. Seems illogical. Especially when there's plenty of good to praise him for.

That's just not true.

I'm not sure why you're giving Tyrod credit for Tre White's touchdown. Seems illogical. Especially when there's plenty of good to praise him for.

I'm giving credit to Tyrod for Tre White's touchdown because it's a team game, and because of Tre Whites touchdown we were much more conservative the rest of the game which hurt his stats or chances to score more points. But the more important reason I am giving credit for the offense to the points by the defense is the rest of league and official stats do. And other teams QBs for the last few years have had their defenses score points and put their offenses in great position to score because of stops and turnovers and the Bills defense HASNT for Tyrod. So his top ten scoring offense the last couple years were harder than most teams because he DIDNT get points scored by the defense or turnovers that gave us a lot of short fields or three and outs that gave us more time and good field position. We had to go the length of the field for most of our scores. So if he doesn't get credit for that he needs to get credit when it happens.

The Matthews TD was a great play. He had a couple nice passes to Zones he dropped. He had a couple great scrambles. He had a really nice pass over the middle to Holmes.

12-20 for 182 yards today. If Clay doesn't have a stellar game Taylor is 7-15 for less than 80 yards. There is no other way to put it: that is just awful, awful QB play. Stop crediting Taylor with Clay's stellar performance.