I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

Again he played well. That is not the point. He holds on to the ball and doesn't make mistakes.

But yes you need to be capable of 300 yards passing games to be successful in the long run. Name me a team in the last 15 years who was successful with a pop-gun pass attack.

Really? How about we just look at the last 5 Super Bowl participants.

2012 and 2008 SB Champ NY Giants - While Eli is a capable passer, I don't know anyone thinks he is in the Elite or even top 10 and everyone knows the Defense and a couple lucky catches are what got them those wins over the Pats, one of which was against the record breaking passing season by Brady and Moss. In other words, DEFENSE beat PASSING...TWICE

2013 SB Champ Baltimore Ravens and the 2013 SF 49ers, neither were a great passing team.

2014 SB Champ Seattle Seahawks - a run first team with a young running QB they tried to keep from having to do too much.

2015 NFC Champ and SB Loser Seattle Seahawks - See above

2016 SB Champ Denver Broncos who had the lowest rated passer in the NFL (Manning) and the single worst SB performance by a QB on the winning team in SB history.

There are all kinds of other recent SB examples too like the early Big Ben SB wins where they were a defensive and power running team. Or the Bears in 2007 where Rex "Freaking" Grossman was the QB, or Trent Dilfer and the Ravens, or Tampa Bay, or the Titans in 2000.

There are a lot of average to below average passing teams that have both gone into the playoffs and ones that have made it into the SB and even beating power passing teams like how the Giants and Seahawks in recent years all beat the Pats. Why? Because POINTS are POINTS! Doesn't matter if you throw it in or run it in, POINTS not passing yards are what matter.

So your statement is about as accurate as a Trump Tweet about his audience sizes.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..pretty darn good analogy......plenty of mention today about Flutie yesteryear......so why if they are similar is Taylor so reviled?......no cereal box?........

Well, if you recall, Flutie wasn't an overwhelming favorite either. There were a lot of Rob Johnson fans at the time, and the complaints about Flutie then were similar to those about Taylor now. Couldn't light up the scoreboard, couldn't throw for hundreds of yards. He just won.

I love destroying bs.

Ok first things first.

Taylor has started 32 games for the bills.

The other 4 year span with 14 games had him throw a total of 35 passes. Lost a little respect over tour sensationalism there.

Next where is it stated that 300 yards is a requirement to be a competent, winning, and successful qb in the league?

Little less emotion little more truth.

Wow 32 not 35...... You got me.......

300 is a arbitrary yardstick used by almost all outlets.

Yes 300 is a simple # that the Bills OC and coaches seems anathema to achieve.

Nothing would make me happier then to see opening up the offense and airing it out. And as said I don't blame TT.

The coaches got rid of his best receiver and have an offense that is incapable (to date) of coming back.

I like TT and thought with decent coaching an offensive game plan and playmakers (i.e. Watkins) could be a very good QB.

Really? How about we just look at the last 5 Super Bowl participants.

2012 and 2008 SB Champ NY Giants - While Eli is a capable passer, I don't know anyone thinks he is in the Elite or even top 10 and everyone knows the Defense and a couple lucky catches are what got them those wins over the Pats, one of which was against the record breaking passing season by Brady and Moss. In other words, DEFENSE beat PASSING...TWICE

2013 SB Champ Baltimore Ravens and the 2013 SF 49ers, neither were a great passing team.

2014 SB Champ Seattle Seahawks - a run first team with a young running QB they tried to keep from having to do too much.

2015 NFC Champ and SB Loser Seattle Seahawks - See above

2016 SB Champ Denver Broncos who had the lowest rated passer in the NFL (Manning) and the single worst SB performance by a QB on the winning team in SB history.

There are all kinds of other recent SB examples too like the early Big Ben SB wins where they were a defensive and power running team. Or the Bears in 2007 where Rex "Freaking" Grossman was the QB, or Trent Dilfer and the Ravens, or Tampa Bay, or the Titans in 2000.

There are a lot of average to below average passing teams that have both gone into the playoffs and ones that have made it into the SB and even beating power passing teams like how the Giants and Seahawks in recent years all beat the Pats. Why? Because POINTS are POINTS! Doesn't matter if you throw it in or run it in, POINTS not passing yards are what matter.

So your statement is about as accurate as a Trump Tweet about his audience sizes.

Check how many 300 yard games those teams threw for...... That was the point of the thread that they all have QB's and offenses capable and the Bills since 2014 haven't once in regulation.

Everyone of the teams noted were and are capable of throwing for 300 yards and have game plans to achieve that.

Funny how you ignore New England and Flacco who did it 6X's (+1 in the Playoffs) the year they won the superbowl, but you claim were not a dangerous passing team.......

Eli did it 9X's in 2011........

What a joke of a post.

Check how many 300 yard games those teams threw for...... That was the point of the thread that they all have QB's and offenses capable and the Bills since 2014 haven't once in regulation.

Everyone of the teams noted were and are capable of throwing for 300 yards and have game plans to achieve that.

Funny how you ignore New England and Flacco who did it 6X's (+1 in the Playoffs) the year they won the superbowl, but you claim were not a dangerous passing team.......

Eli did it 9X's in 2011........

What a joke of a post.

I LITERALLY stated Eli was fully capable...wrote write there in black and white and only stated he is not considered an Elite or top 10 passer and how his team beat the most prolific passing team.

So whats your excuse for Broncos, both Seattle births, the Niners, Dilfer, Puke Grossman, and the others? None of which had some kind of prolific passing attack by any means.

And what are you even talking about the "funny you ignore" nonsense? PLEASE show me where I magically stated all teams in the SB were not good passing teams... YOU are the only one who said NO TEAM in the last 15 years has gone anywhere with a pop gun passing attack and challenged anyone to show you just ONE...and I showed you many...including teams in 4 of the last 5 SB's that either made the SB or won it outright.

LMAO...You literally made a declaration about something you had no info on, got shown how foolish that statement was, and now trying to spin again lol

Edited by Alphadawg7

I LITERALLY stated Eli was fully capable...wrote write there in black and white and only stated he is not considered an Elite or top 10 passer and how his team beat the most prolific passing team.

So whats your excuse for Broncos, both Seattle births, the Niners, Dilfer, Puke Grossman, and the others? None of which had some kind of prolific passing attack by any means.

And what are you even talking about the "funny you ignore" nonsense? PLEASE show me where I magically stated all teams in the SB were not good passing teams... YOU are the only one who said NO TEAM in the last 15 years has gone anywhere with a pop gun passing attack and challenged anyone to show you just ONE...and I showed you many...including teams in 4 of the last 5 SB's that either made the SB or won it outright.

LMAO...You literally made a declaration about something you had no info on, got shown how foolish that statement was, and now trying to spin again lol

Not a single team you mentioned is a pop gun offense. The Bills passing offense hasn't shown that it isn't....... How far back you going with Dilfer & Grossman..... Yep Payton is a lousy QB that scares no one, nor does Russel Wilson, nor Keapernick the year they made the SB.

Guess what they too all threw multiple times for over 300, which the Bills haven't done in Regulation since 2014!!!!!! That was the point.

Oh and keep ignoring Matt Ryan, Ben Rothliesberger (sp.?) oh and that Tom Brady fellow in order to make your point......

Edited by Billsfan1972

You would hope it was this simple

He doesn't have weapons in needs or OC to date to know one way or another......

I was really excited to see a healthy Watkins and offensive game plan and what it could produce.

The coaching/management however thought otherwise and has pissed me to no end.

It is that simple, just win. Sometimes i think people just want something to btch about and someone to blame for everything, hes damn efficent for a QB that has had a new OC each year and hasnt had a season where solid #1 & #2 WRs have been healthy all season.

Taylor if used the right way like last seasons offense with this defense would be playoff bound. imo

I'm more concerned with the OL , and running game so far.

Hell yeah dude. We could go 10-6 easy with that combo. Dennison scheme kinda fxked up the running game, not a fan but i know hes new to calling plays so im looking for improvement.

His QB rating in his last 6 games is like 109. It would rank him right between Rodgers and Brees. It might be time to stop acting like these are mirages and there might be actual improvement?

Maybe your little snippets are a weak attempt at trolling.

That's not enough for the agenda people.

SMH

Ya both nailed it. Thors hammer.

I thought we'd see this post a lot sooner.

What is the obsession with throwing for 300 plus yards?

because thats how you win in this league consistently. i dont think it is a real 300 peolle really want. it's just the threat of being able to throw for 300

Thank you.... Someone get's it...... The threat and ability to do it is what matters.

Also helps if you're down.

What matters is wins. Plain and simple. They do not decide who makes the playoffs based on how many 300 yard passing games a team has.

Admit it, if TT throws for 300 yards Sunday and loses, all, you'd say then is that he should have thrown for 350. Or 400.

TT is who he is and needs to play 110%. So far in 2017 we've seen 2 good games and one meh game from the offense.

RE 300 yards -

It is a stat. To those saying 300 yards is no big deal

TT's better games 230 - 298 = bad games by others top 10 QBs

To those insisting you have to throw for 300 yards to win, and that TT's 230-298 are bad games by other QBs:

1. What is the quality of the run game and defense of the other teams where it would be a bad game?

2. Why do you continue to9 ignore the stats about how many teams that threw for 300 or over lose? The stats have been presented in this thread, but why do you choose to ignore them?

3. Are wins not the way teams are judged, or did I miss something?

To those insisting you have to throw for 300 yards to win, and that TT's 230-298 are bad games by other QBs:

1. What is the quality of the run game and defense of the other teams where it would be a bad game?

2. Why do you continue to9 ignore the stats about how many teams that threw for 300 or over lose? The stats have been presented in this thread, but why do you choose to ignore them?

3. Are wins not the way teams are judged, or did I miss something?

Let's start with wins....... The Bills are not a winning team or organization the last 18 years...... Repeat that and we can go somewhere.

The Bills run game is very good, but often padded in those blowouts. When you are down in a game, then it is passing that get's you back in. An 80 yard 10 minute drive when the run game is strong and up 3 (or 7) in the 4th is great. Not so great when down 10 and the clock winding down.

Geez 300 yard passers went 6-0 in week 1...... Are you ignoring that?

Tom Brady threw for over 300 in the SB and won..... Does that count? Sometimes both QB's throw for 300 in a game and one loses, how do you account for that? How about if they got their team back in the game (tied it up) and lost on the last possession, does that account for anything.

Answer this..... Does the threat that a QB can throw for 300 yards a game help or detract from a team?

Let's start with wins....... The Bills are not a winning team or organization the last 18 years...... Repeat that and we can go somewhere.

The Bills run game is very good, but often padded in those blowouts. When you are down in a game, then it is passing that get's you back in. An 80 yard 10 minute drive when the run game is strong and up 3 (or 7) in the 4th is great. Not so great when down 10 and the clock winding down.

Tom Brady threw for over 300 in the SB and won..... Does that count? Sometimes both QB's throw for 300 in a game and one loses, how do you account for that? How about if they got their team back in the game (tied it up) and lost on the last possession, does that account for anything.

Answer this..... Does the threat that a QB can throw for 300 yards a game help or detract from a team?

yeah that bold

Hey now! Don't let facts get in their way! :lol::lol:

Whenever people get shown that their opinions may be in error around here, they immediately throw up the 17 years (not 18) of not being in the playoffs as if that somehow justifies their skewed opinions.

So you name week one. And as pointed out earlier in ten games last week where guys threw for over 300 yards only four of them won. So I can cherry pick just as good as you can.

Does the threat that a guy can pass for over 300 yards help or detract? That's ambiguous at best. Tell me how the team is constructed. Tell me how good their defense is. How good is their running game? If you have a team based on a good D and running game, you don't really want to have a guy throwing the ball all over the place.

What wins consistently in the league is balance. You need to have a passing game when the run game isn't going, and vice versa. You need a defense that can stand up and make plays. Last week when the run game wasn't going that well, the D stood up and TT made plays. If TT and the D can play like this on a consistent basis we'll have something. Answer these two questions:

1. Last year if the D plays anywhere near decently were we a playoff team?

2. If TT comes out this week and throws for say 325, and Ryan throws for 450 and we lose 41-31, will you blame the D. Or will you just come out here and say it's on TT because he didn't throw for 400. I suspect I already know the answer.