Bills 15th in rankings this week.

JM2009

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be negative but...

We're #1 in scoring defense. But we're #24 in scoring offense. McD made the D better while Dennison made the O worse.

Average the two ranks out and were #12.5 overall - slightly better than average.

As others have said, Carolina and Denver are two of the best D's in the league. Jets D is more middle-of-the-pack, and we churned out 408 yards of offense.

Still, I do think we will struggle on that side of the ball and it has nothing to do with coaching and/or Taylor. The talent at the receiver position is subpar and will limit our explosiveness all year long.

If the Bills win in Atlanta they will be ranked a little higher. If they lose expect them to be ranked as low as #28. It's amazing how quickly they were lowered after their 3-9 stinker in Carolina.

Buffalo beat Denver and yet Denver's ranking increased. These are peoples opinions compiled together and presented to the public.

Show me a Ranking system that calculates, Wins, points scored and points allowed for starters and I'll trust these rankings more.

If the Bills win in Atlanta they will be ranked a little higher. If they lose expect them to be ranked as low as #28. It's amazing how quickly they were lowered after their 3-9 stinker in Carolina.

If the Atlanta game is competitive, the ranking won't change much.

"that was uncharacteristic of the Broncos, so we'll give them another week."...and move them up a few spots" LOL

Absolutely crazy. Denver lost and could have lost by more to the "lowly" Bills AND then they move up. It just reaffirms my belief that these are useless (unless they say good things about the Bills!).

What they're saying about the Bills after week 3 (spoiler, they're saying some good things!)

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/What-theyre-saying-Bills-earn-high-marks-for-Week-3-performance/46cf3547-da7b-41f7-8a4f-e1f04b1a72d1

Here's a sample -

"The Sean McDermott formula: The new Bills coach seems to have an unusual amount of personnel power in Buffalo, and he used it well this offseason. He re-made the team's secondary in one offseason with mostly spare parts, just like the Panthers used to do at his old job as defensive coordinator in Carolina. The Bills' secondary has been difficult to throw against for three straight weeks, with rookie Tre'Davious White and safety pickup Jordan Poyer standing out. It's a fundamentally sound defense that tackles and makes opponents earn yards. Combine that defense with a strong start from perennially underrated quarterback Tyrod Taylor, and the Bills were able to take out the Broncos on Sunday to improve to 2-1. The preseason talk of tanking is a memory. Bills ownership fired Rex Ryan because it believed this was a playoff roster. McDermott is doing his best thus far to prove ownership right."

That's one of the reasons I originally became a Sean McDermott fan when he was in Carolina (and was thrilled when he was hired by Buffalo). He'd take guys who were looked at as no names or spare parts and turn them into very solid defenders in his scheme. Josh Norman was a 5th round pick that most thought would struggle to even make the team, and a few years later he was looked at as one of the top 2-3 CB's in the NFL.

He turned a Carolina defense, that many overlooked and worried would give up too many points, into the #2 defense in the NFL in 2013.

Edited by BillsFan4

Buffalo beat Denver and yet Denver's ranking increased. These are peoples opinions compiled together and presented to the public.

Show me a Ranking system that calculates, Wins, points scored and points allowed for starters and I'll trust these rankings more.

I think this ranking that Big C posted is more of what you're looking for

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-pffelo-power-rankings-week-4

I think this ranking that Big C posted is more of what you're looking for

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-pffelo-power-rankings-week-4

hmmm maybe I heard that wrong. or not I found it thanks for the link regardless :beer:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx170926/nfl-2017-week-4-power-rankings-atlanta-falcons-kansas-city-chiefs-new-england-patriots-quarterbacks

5. Denver Broncos

2017 record: 2-1

Week 3 ranking: No. 7gn-arrow.png

Trevor Siemian: 58.8 Total QBR. The Bills have allowed the fewest points per game this season, so Siemian's 36 Total QBR in Week 3 can be forgiven. If he does the same this week against the Raiders, who have allowed the worst QBR so far (74), there might not be as much forgiveness

NFL.com Denver down 5,

CBS has Denver down 4 to 11

15 10gn-arrow.png

Bills That was a good victory over the Broncos to get to 2-1. They have allowed just two touchdowns this season. The defense is playing well.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan