ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

39 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

@BillfromNYC congrats on a great game, an unbelievable season, and another championship.

Thanks my friend. OSU fought with all they had under really tough circumstances. They have nothing, not one thing to be ashamed of and will continue to be great for many years.

Hopefully, we will meet again.

Thanks again! 

3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I see what you mean about Barmore.

His draft grade just went through the roof.

Thanks to the Crimson Tide for providing me with happiness in these times of despair. I have all the faith in the world in the Buffalo Bills and am feeling nothing but positive vibes. The Bills, imo, are about to join the Tide as "winners in the world." GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, buffalojedwardo said:

its weird to me we have Bama fans 

My dad was from Dunkirk, NY and my mom was from Mobile, AL. I grew up as a kid in WNY in the '70s. My dad and living in the area instilled my love of the Bills and Sabres. My mom is the reason that I am an Alabama fan. I have been a diehard since the days of Bear Bryant and I've loved the Bills and Crimson Tide football before it was ever cool.

GO BILLS, ROLL TIDE!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

My father was born in Alabama and I watched games with him as a little kid. I only wish he was alive to see this.

Same here Bill. My mom passed in 2008. She saw some good Bama teams and national titles but nothing like this unprecedented success. When the Bills finally win a Super Bowl (hopefully this season), I am sure I will shed tears for the many people I love who passed without ever seeing it, including my grandparents and Mom (she loved the Bills because her three kids did)...and especially Dad who passed last November. It really sucks that he missed this special season. A world title by the Bills will be cathartic and a little bittersweet for me. My two sons are diehard Bills fans and I hope I get to experience the moment with them. My younger son is a sports nut like me and loves Bama, too, so we have gotten to enjoy the Saban era together. My dad brought me into the Lou Saban era and I have brought my sons into the Nick Saban era. There is some cool symmetry there. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Congrats! Best college offense I’ve ever seen. Hope Devonta hand is ok. Wonder where Mac Jones ends up in the nfl. Very impressive. I hope the bills get Najee. 

Should we line up the NFL's 'underperformers' of 2020 for some impromptu games?  Or maybe just an online argument (or three)? 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Congrats! Best college offense I’ve ever seen. Hope Devonta hand is ok. Wonder where Mac Jones ends up in the nfl. Very impressive. I hope the bills get Najee. 

Thanks, Yolo. Sorry it was at the expense of your Bucks. Smith was pretty coy about his hand after the game and just said that he was "fine" without offering any specifics. They were saying on the broadcast last night, late 1st Round for Jones. I was thinking 2nd or early 3rd. I guess we'll see soon enough.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks Yolo. OSU and Day have long, bright futures.

Other than the obvious big 3, I think that Sark and Barmore stole the show. I never saw a couple of those motion plays and I watch every down of every game. As for Barmore, I truly don't know if we would have won without him. OSU did a great job at containing Will Anderson for most of the game. Barmore was just on fire.

Both teams suffered far too many illnesses/injuries during this strange season and in and before this game. I hope that they all heal and return to 100% immediately.

9 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

My dad was from Dunkirk, NY and my mom was from Mobile, AL. I grew up as a kid in WNY in the '70s. My dad and living in the area instilled my love of the Bills and Sabres. My mom is the reason that I am an Alabama fan. I have been a diehard since the days of Bear Bryant and I've loved the Bills and Crimson Tide football before it was ever cool.

GO BILLS, ROLL TIDE!!!

I can respect that...however I root against them in every game. Its the underdog in me.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, buffalojedwardo said:

I can respect that...however I root against them in every game. Its the underdog in me.

And I can respect that. They are like the Yankees or Lakers...if they are not your team, you probably can't stand them.

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Some team is about to get VERY lucky. This kid is absolutely GREAT and is going to tear the NFL apart. He is only a half step slower than Ruggs, (the fastest man in the NFL) and has MUCH better moves. I mean WAY better. I have not seen a whole lot of receivers in my life that are harder to cover. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2021 at 10:37 AM, Cynical said:

Saban's Coach Rehab clinic continues- Welcome new OC Bill O'Brien to Tuscaloosa.

Not sure about this hire. But then again, I was surprised Nick rehired Sarkisian given what happened the first time around.

I think that O'Brien will be a good fit. Saban hires coaches who will buy into his process. It's all cool. :) 

• 3 months later...

Are there any Tide fans to post their thoughts about the "A" Game?

I for one was pleased with Bryce Young. In real games, he is going to run his way out a lot of trouble. I also came away thinking that he is smart and accurate. 

I also think that their defense  (barring major injuries of course) is going to be easily the best in the NCAA. They appear to be solid and very deep in every area. Still, given the players that we are losing, if the Tide wins a title this year, it will be the best coaching job in the great, storied career of Coach Saban or any other college coach imo. 

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Are there any Tide fans to post their thoughts about the "A" Game?

I for one was pleased with Bryce Young. In real games, he is going to run his way out a lot of trouble. I also came away thinking that he is smart and accurate. 

I also think that their defense  (barring major injuries of course) is going to be easily the best in the NCAA. They appear to be solid and very deep in every area. Still, given the players that we are losing, if the Tide wins a title this year, it will be the best coaching job in the great, storied career of Coach Saban or any other college coach imo. 

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was glad to see fans in the stands.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2021 at 4:37 AM, Blokestradamus said:

Is there anywhere that has the full game uploaded? An account I follow on Youtube has put up highlights of a number of spring games.

I don't know but I couldn't even tape the full game because it switched to the app after 2 hours. The next show was called QB21 featuring Mac Jones. I suggest that those with serious doubts about Mac watch this show. He stands in front of a giant screen and explains his reads, etc. I am talking about really fast decision making.

This kid is VERY smart and I think that he will be quite the success in the NFL.

• 2 weeks later...

Meet your new WR!

The first thing you should know about this kid is he’s fast fast fast.   I’m not sure what kind of route runner he is or whether there was anything else going on behind the scenes that limited his playing time at OSU. My guess is that he got caught in a WR room with stars Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson along with some underclassmen studs coming up, and felt that he could make a bigger impact elsewhere.  Of course the coaching and development opportunities he’ll get in Tuscaloosa are first class. 

I don’t know about the WR situation at Bama but assume it’s fully stocked as always. Maybe with Smith and Waddle moving on there is some more opportunity for him to compete. I have seen Bama’s offense really punish teams up front for a while and then use a vertical passing game to hit home runs. So if Saban wants another burner to run those fly routes this could be a good fit and potentially an impact player. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Meet your new WR!

The first thing you should know about this kid is he’s fast fast fast.   I’m not sure what kind of route runner he is or whether there was anything else going on behind the scenes that limited his playing time at OSU. My guess is that he got caught in a WR room with stars Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson along with some underclassmen studs coming up, and felt that he could make a bigger impact elsewhere.  Of course the coaching and development opportunities he’ll get in Tuscaloosa are first class. 

I don’t know about the WR situation at Bama but assume it’s fully stocked as always. Maybe with Smith and Waddle moving on there is some more opportunity for him to compete. I have seen Bama’s offense really punish teams up front for a while and then use a vertical passing game to hit home runs. So if Saban wants another burner to run those fly routes this could be a good fit and potentially an impact player. 

Wow thanks! I had not seen this yet. 

Losing Waddle and Davonta is HUGE. Davonta had the best hands on the team in a very long time, better than Jeudy or even Ridley. Waddle was fast, twitchy, and virtually impossible to cover so yes, there is room for more competition. John Metchie is their top receiver entering the season but he is not a Waddle type burner so I love bringing in this kid. 

Alabama will be a MUCH different team this year. Our defense (imho) looks better than it has in many years. If they remain healthy, these might be the best LBs I have ever seen. OLB Will Anderson, as a true sophmore, could be the best defensive player in the country IF he can stay healthy.The secondary looks great despite losing Surtain, and the DL looks better than last season. A kid named Tim Smith looks like he can replace Barmore. 

I don't really bet, but I think that people are going to make some money on the under early in the season.

I would love it if you and/or Yolo would do an in depth analysis of OSU when we get close to the season.

The offense can't possibly be as good. Bryce Young will bring a dimension of running that Mac didn't have, but we will miss Mac. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31410860/tennessee-volunteers-top-tackler-henry-too-too-transfers-alabama-crimson-tide

Can someone tell me how good this kid is? I don't remember anything about him. 

Sure, I'm a homer but before this news, I think that Alabama had the best LB corps I have seen in many years. Seriously, I wasn't concerned about getting him due to the talented LBs both inside and outside.

Is he THAT good?

On 5/9/2021 at 5:08 AM, Bill from NYC said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31410860/tennessee-volunteers-top-tackler-henry-too-too-transfers-alabama-crimson-tide

Can someone tell me how good this kid is? I don't remember anything about him. 

Sure, I'm a homer but before this news, I think that Alabama had the best LB corps I have seen in many years. Seriously, I wasn't concerned about getting him due to the talented LBs both inside and outside.

Is he THAT good?

Ohio State seemed to consider him an instant starter and impact player of the type that rarely comes through the transfer portal. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Ohio State seemed to consider him an instant starter and impact player of the type that rarely comes through the transfer portal. 

Bama has a kid named Jaylen Moody, an ILB. He wasn’t a 5 star, but he came out of nowhere last season. I didn’t really care when the reports came out that To’o To’o was going to OSU. Our LBs were probably the strongest unit on the team already. I hope that Moody doesn’t enter the portal. If he does, trust me; you want him.

I hope that you and Yolo do a write up on OSU before the season. I know it would be a great read!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Fantastic!!! Can you only begin to imagine how upset the haters are right now? 😄

AUFamily

20 hours ago, DAG said:

I thought he would be done with it once he passed the bear but I guess not

He has no interest in merely being the best.

He wants to bury the competition and leave no doubt."

Auburn Undercover

"This is great news. Now we know we can at least obsess about him until 2028."

Not nearly the gnashing of the teeth I was hoping for, but still interesting.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Cynical said:

AUFamily

He has no interest in merely being the best.

He wants to bury the competition and leave no doubt."

Auburn Undercover

"This is great news. Now we know we can at least obsess about him until 2028."

Not nearly the gnashing of the teeth I was hoping for, but still interesting.

Actually, almost all of those posters were making sense. 

Saban is easily the best there is and the best that ever was. The term "Process" as you and I know was invented by Saban, but I DO give McDermott credit for co-opting this as his own. At least he is copying from the best.

This season will be the most interesting in many years. The offense suffered HUGE losses which would appear to be insurmountable. That said, the defense will be insane. If healthy, our starting LBs really might be the best that have ever been on any college team at the same time, and even their backups are great! The secondary is stacked and coached by Saban. The DL has a rising star (Tim Smith) who might be as good as Barmore.

I don't know if the Tide can overcome the offensive losses, but this is the kind of football that Saban truly does love. 

We will find out soon enough.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2021 at 6:49 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Here is a recent commit for the 2022 class. I absolutely love when kids like this decide to come to Tuscaloosa. He is in high school and looks like an NFL Right Tackle!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You act like something like this is a rare commit for Alabama

They get one or two guys like this a year 

He's literally you're run of the mill Alabama offensive tackle recruit

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

You act like something like this is a rare commit for Alabama

They get one or two guys like this a year 

He's literally you're run of the mill Alabama offensive tackle recruit

I wouldn't go THAT far, but blockers are a huge part of what makes The Tide able to compete with the top rate teams that they face. What amazes me about this kid is that he is lining up at RT, even though he seems quite coordinated. 

There are however two 5 star freshmen in the 2021 class who both look like special OTs. 

This year the offensive losses were SO big that they might be insurmountable. 2021 will be a HUGE challenge for Coach Saban. That said, this team might have the best defense in a long time. The second string linebackers and defensive backs would probably be top 10 units in the country. Will Anderson (soph) might really be the best defensive player in the NCAA. It is possible. The DL looks very good and deep as well. 

I don't bet football but I'm going to consider betting the under on a few games. They might even pitch a couple of shutouts this season. If you enjoy watching tough defensive college games, watch the Crimson Tide this year. 

Given the RPOs and the rule changes that strongly favor offenses, Saban will have a tough time for sure but the defense should crush people, starting September 4th.

Jmo.

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I wouldn't go THAT far, but blockers are a huge part of what makes The Tide able to compete with the top rate teams that they face. What amazes me about this kid is that he is lining up at RT, even though he seems quite coordinated. 

There are however two 5 star freshmen in the 2021 class who both look like special OTs. 

This year the offensive losses were SO big that they might be insurmountable. 2021 will be a HUGE challenge for Coach Saban. That said, this team might have the best defense in a long time. The second string linebackers and defensive backs would probably be top 10 units in the country. Will Anderson (soph) might really be the best defensive player in the NCAA. It is possible. The DL looks very good and deep as well. 

I don't bet football but I'm going to consider betting the under on a few games. They might even pitch a couple of shutouts this season. If you enjoy watching tough defensive college games, watch the Crimson Tide this year. 

Given the RPOs and the rule changes that strongly favor offenses, Saban will have a tough time for sure but the defense should crush people, starting September 4th.

Jmo.

I went back four straight draft classes

And they have at least one top end tackle prospect every class.. five star or high-end four Star

Most are 6'6 to 6'8  300 plus pounds

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I went back four straight draft classes

And they have at least one top end tackle prospect every class.. five star or high-end four Star

Most are 6'6 to 6'8  300 plus pounds

Isn’t it great? 👍🆒❤️ 

How many went into the NFL from the right tackle position at Alabama in round 1?  I can only think of one.

I’m looking forward to the Bills winning the Super Bowl this season and the Tide returning to the playoffs. 

“Process,” ya know? ☝️

Assuming Texas and OU to SEC is a done deal, how you do see the divisions set up and the scheduling?

Shake up?

Or just dropping one team into each division, ala TAM and Mizzu.

Stay at 8 inter-conference games?

Or expand to 9, possibly 10?

They would have to go to 9 SEC games unless they plan on dropping the permanent cross divisional rivalry games.

No more UT-Bama or Auburn-UGA.

There is big chunk of Auburn fans that would like to see Auburn move to the East to get away from Bama.

If that happens, we are looking at the possible loss of the Iron Bowl.

Not sure if the SEC is willing to give that up.

The Iron Bowl is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, rivalry in CFB, and all the attention it brings.

Dropping Texas in the West, and Zero U in the East makes the Red River Shootout a perm cross divisional rivalry, while restoring the UT and TAM rivalry.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:11 AM, Cynical said:

Assuming Texas and OU to SEC is a done deal, how you do see the divisions set up and the scheduling?

Shake up?

Or just dropping one team into each division, ala TAM and Mizzu.

Stay at 8 inter-conference games?

Or expand to 9, possibly 10?

They would have to go to 9 SEC games unless they plan on dropping the permanent cross divisional rivalry games.

No more UT-Bama or Auburn-UGA.

There is big chunk of Auburn fans that would like to see Auburn move to the East to get away from Bama.

If that happens, we are looking at the possible loss of the Iron Bowl.

Not sure if the SEC is willing to give that up.

The Iron Bowl is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, rivalry in CFB, and all the attention it brings.

Dropping Texas in the West, and Zero U in the East makes the Red River Shootout a perm cross divisional rivalry, while restoring the UT and TAM rivalry.

I am STRONGLY against letting them in.

Call me paranoid but virtually every major move in college football is designed to stop Saban and the Tide. The RPO's (with the OL being allowed to block 5 yards downfield), recruiting time restrictions (who outworks Saban?), playoff expansion, and now this. 

Alabama has a few easy games per year. It drives folks nuts but tell me, what team has no easy games? Clemson? Almost every game is against a weak, sorry opponent. Ohio State? They too have some very easy games. Notre Dame? Please. Alabama plays teams such as Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, etc. every season. Even most of the lesser SEC teams are really not so bad. In the playoffs (when we make it) we face the best of the rest. Now, they want to give us the added burden of facing 2 more strong teams. Great, but who will Oho State be forced to play? Every team in the PAC 10 sucks. Why don't they add some powerhouse programs? 

Since geography seems to not matter, why not throw Texas and OU into the ACC so Dabo will have to play a good conference opponent every now and then? Or, keep Texas and OU where they are and toss Notre Dame into the mix. Maybe if ND played a good team once in a while they wouldn't get their asses handed to them every time they get to the playoffs, no? 

Sorry for the rant but it irks me when things are stolen and/or when greatness is punished. 

17 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Personally, I could care less.
Let 'em in.

Texas, and their base, is finding out they are not the king s**t they think they are.

In fact, UT as a football program has not been relevant since UT got Sabanized in the NC game.

Call me paranoid but virtually every major move in college football is designed to stop Saban and the Tide. The RPO's (with the OL being allowed to block 5 yards downfield), recruiting time restrictions (who outworks Saban?), playoff expansion, and now this. 

Have to disagree here. This current expansion has nothing to do with stopping Saban and the Tide.

This is all about money. For everybody involved.

Alabama has a few easy games per year. It drives folks nuts but tell me, what team has no easy games? Clemson? Almost every game is against a weak, sorry opponent. Ohio State? They too have some very easy games. Notre Dame? Please. Alabama plays teams such as Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, etc. every season. Even most of the lesser SEC teams are really not so bad. In the playoffs (when we make it) we face the best of the rest. Now, they want to give us the added burden of facing 2 more strong teams. Great, but who will Oho State be forced to play? Every team in the PAC 10 sucks. Why don't they add some powerhouse programs? 

Since geography seems to not matter, why not throw Texas and OU into the ACC so Dabo will have to play a good conference opponent every now and then? Or, keep Texas and OU where they are and toss Notre Dame into the mix. Maybe if ND played a good team once in a while they wouldn't get their asses handed to them every time they get to the playoffs, no? 

Sorry for the rant but it irks me when things are stolen and/or when greatness is punished. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 7:47 AM, Bill from NYC said:

I think your being paranoid 

Saban and Alabama is good for college football they're not trying to derail him 

All of those rule changes are to make the game more exciting in game, make more games.. or just structure recruiting

Trust me I was a regional scout for a long time recruiting needs structuring.. sorry it does.. and Alabama Pays players 

But so do some big schools... Money, Cars, gifts , tattoos, woman.. it happens

Don't think that recruiting needs some kind of structure.. because it's been a business for a long time 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think your being paranoid 

Saban and Alabama is good for college football they're not trying to derail him 

All of those rule changes are to make the game more exciting in game, make more games.. or just structure recruiting

Trust me I was a regional scout for a long time recruiting needs structuring.. sorry it does.. and Alabama Pays players 

But so do some big schools... Money, Cars, gifts , tattoos, woman.. it happens

Don't think that recruiting needs some kind of structure.. because it's been a business for a long time 

Alabama has less of a need to pay players than do other schools simply because of the money these kids are making in the NFL. Some of the biggest contracts we are seeing are from Alabama grads. Did you see the money that Jonathan Allen just signed for? They are churning out first round picks like nobody else, and some of the highest paid vets are Alabama grads. 

Didn't they change the times that teams are allowed to talk to recruits? They did so because Saban outworks other coaches. He didn't win all of his titles in a vacuum. He did so by working harder than other coaches and by having (and inventing btw) the." process."

14 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Alabama has less of a need to pay players than do other schools simply because of the money these kids are making in the NFL. Some of the biggest contracts we are seeing are from Alabama grads. Did you see the money that Jonathan Allen just signed for? They are churning out first round picks like nobody else, and some of the highest paid vets are Alabama grads. 

Didn't they change the times that teams are allowed to talk to recruits? They did so because Saban outworks other coaches. He didn't win all of his titles in a vacuum. He did so by working harder than other coaches and by having (and inventing btw) the." process."

Dabo is on the trail just as much as Saban 

And they started winning again.. because saban is a great coach, who taps into one of the wealthiest men in Alabama

Paul Bryant Jr 

He's got other wealthy Alabama men as well..

I love Alabama but it's the truth.. they're not the only school doing it 

This goes back to the '70s and '60s for Alabama.. are you native to Alabama and grew up there? It's not new 

You just need a high caliber coach to tap into that.. because you still need the coach and maintain the talent

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.