ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The OL was good, not great. LG Lester Cotton was replaced several games ago with a kid who was doing quite well. He got hut and Cotton came back in and you could see the difference. Jonah looked good but I have never seen him look bad since he has ben at Alabama. He was even spectacular at RT at his size.

Jonah is a perfect college LT but remember, he came to Bama as a 245 pound TE. Now this is great for coordination but can he keep the weight on to play in the NFL? Probably, but that (imo) is a risk for a top 10 pick. His weight lifting numbers at the combine will matter a lot imo but again, his balance and footwork would appear to be flawless and he practices every day against monsters.

Nobody said that was a good call.

Size and strength are the easiest things to build and keeping weight on as one ages won't be a problem ;) , you're thinking too hard. Jonah is the man and I would totally take him in the top ten. A guard went 6th overall last year , taking a LT high isn't a risk when he worth it. Could you imagine almost never giving up sacks or pressure from that position? That would be huge!!

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Now you hate Religious people?  Geez dude.  How can I be jealous when I have no rooting interest?  My observation is that the playing field is not level. I feel that if it were, Bama would still win.  I'd think you'd want one too.  Are they the only team to benefit?  No.

What % chance is there the same bad call would have been made against Bama?  The answer is zero.

Now there is a lovely accusation. I am a religious person and I cringe when posters mock Coach McDermott for allegedly preferring religious players.

The point I was trying to make is that IMO, if a game is going to be fixed, it will not be by refs. I think that corporate interests (networks and advertisers in this case) would be the culprits and I cannot see any reason for them to favor Alabama. Can you?

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:04 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Size and strength are the easiest things to build and keeping weight on as one ages won't be a problem ;) , you're thinking too hard. Jonah is the man and I would totally take him in the top ten. A guard went 6th overall last year , taking a LT high isn't a risk when he worth it. Could you imagine almost never giving up sacks or pressure from that position? That would be huge!!

Probably so. I think that I have PTSD from Demetrus Bell. Remember him? He was fast and agile, and would get knocked on his ass on a regular basis. He did 9 reps with 225 at the combines.

I hope you are right about Jonah. The kid is excellent and practices against Quinnen Williams every day. :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

No there is a lovely accusation. I am a religious person and I cringe when posters mock Coach McDermott for allegedly preferring religious players.

The point I was trying to make is that IMO, if a game is going to be fixed, it will not be by refs. I think that corporate interests (networks and advertisers in this case) would be the culprits and I cannot see any reason for them to favor Alabama. Can you?

Probably so. I think that I have PTSD from Demetrus Bell. Remember him? He was fast and agile, and would get knocked on his ass on a regular basis. He did 9 reps with 225 at the combines.

I hope you are right about Jonah. The kid is excellent and practices against Quinnen Williams every day. :)

Bell was a late rounder if I recall and not as talented.  A couple years in NFL weight room and all will be golden.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude.

That call in the end zone was atrocious.  The fumble fits your point, but a phantom block in the back that had zero impact on anything?  0% chance Bama ever gets a call that bad against them.  They don't need the help, but knowing it is there in a pinch must be nice.

The pick plays vs Clemson that weren't called went Bamas  way?

The holds on Bama where the defenders shirt was pulled halfway up his upper torso went Bamas way?

The hits on Tuas  knee after the whistle blew went Bamas way? Give me a break dude...you overlook things that hurt Bama because your aren't unbiased or impartial. For every flag you say went Bamas way I can give you calls that went against Bama. So please be impartial before you use the word impartial. You dislike Bama and that's the truth. Whether you want to admit it doesn't mean we don't know you do.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

The pick plays vs Clemson that weren't called went Bamas  way?

The holds on Bama where the defenders shirt was pulled halfway up his upper torso went Bamas way?

The hits on Tuas  knee after the whistle blew went Bamas way? Give me a break dude...you overlook things that hurt Bama because your aren't unbiased or impartial. For every flag you say went Bamas way I can give you calls that went against Bama. So please be impartial before you use the word impartial. You dislike Bama and that's the truth. Whether you want to admit it doesn't mean we don't know you do.

You're not paranoid, just because everyone is against you.

We had tickets to today's game vs. Citadel but couldn't go. ☹️ I missed it on TV. Looking at the box, I thought it was bugged because there were no receiving stats for Citadel. Turns out it wasn't bugged at all! How does a team have ZERO passing yards at any level of football?

Edited by Golden Goat

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Refs keepBama drive alive.  Citadel forces fumble but it doesn't count

Not that time. If you were being objective it was the right call.

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

Bama getting ready for two total massacre wins in the playoffs

They have Auburn and Georgia ahead. Unlike Clemson and others, they play quality teams.

As for the Big 10, looking at these teams today it remains hard to tell how good anyone in that conference is but that is jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Not that time. If you were being objective it was the right call.

They have Auburn and Georgia ahead. Unlike Clemson and others, they play quality teams.

As for the Big 10, looking at these teams today it remains hard to tell how good anyone in that conference is but that is jmo.

Did you really boast about Bama's schedule on the day they played Citadel?

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did you really boast about Bama's schedule on the day they played Citadel?

I enjoyed going to college games but never understood all the yokels acting like winning 60-0 over a totally overmatched cupcake was anything to boast about

they prance around like it’s a huge accomplishment, disgusting

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.