ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

On 10/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Lol.  Ranked #1 despite two time defending champ that has continuously b slapped Bama being undefeated?  Sure.  No bias.

Spoken like someone that hasn't watched Clemson play a down of football this season. And, BTW, they aren't two-time defending champs. But, carry on....your Bama fatigue is showing.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:08 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Lol.  Ranked #1 despite two time defending champ that has continuously b slapped Bama being undefeated?  Sure.  No bias.

This is just as incoherent as the rants on ITAT.

You would be a natural over there.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

LOL.  I'm pretty sure they will be in the playoff.  

They can't even win the SEC and they don't have a strong schedule (SEC overall is having a down year).  I think it's unlikely, but nothing's impossible.

The team that's interesting is Minnesota (in my opinion).  They're way down in the rankings (17 last week) but just beat #4 and they face ranked opponents (Iowa, Wisky) in two of their last three (before a B10 championship matchup).  They'll probably move up to #10 or so this week, but over the next three weeks could put themselves in the playoff picture.

34 minutes ago, eball said:

They can't even win the SEC and they don't have a strong schedule (SEC overall is having a down year).  I think it's unlikely, but nothing's impossible.

The team that's interesting is Minnesota (in my opinion).  They're way down in the rankings (17 last week) but just beat #4 and they face ranked opponents (Iowa, Wisky) in two of their last three (before a B10 championship matchup).  They'll probably move up to #10 or so this week, but over the next three weeks could put themselves in the playoff picture.

This is called missing the forest for the trees...

Minnesota has 2 hard games to go and maybe a third in a Big Ten title game, won’t be in the playoff unless it finishes undefeated

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

This is called missing the forest for the trees...

What?

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Minnesota has 2 hard games to go and maybe a third in a Big Ten title game, won’t be in the playoff unless it finishes undefeated

Of course they need to go undefeated.  My point is that this should be enough to get them in the picture, which makes them an interesting team to watch.

eball, you are looking backwards, the game is forward driving, Minnesota is in the Big Ten (yes i know it's possible many fans did not KNOW this until last week)

the rankings mean jack squat except for Notre Dame and mid-majors (like Boise a few years ago) to see if they get the love from the media to make a serious playoff push

the game is about 0 or 1 losses and winning a big conference championship game

then they have the no-brainer selections and maybe 1 or 2 interesting decisions for the Final Four of Football

what would be more valuable to a big-$$$ non-playoff Bowl committee.... a 3-loss Michigan or Minnesota.... :D

9 hours ago, eball said:

Bama is already in if they don't lose another game.  Don't even try to convince yourself otherwise.  If they lose a second game.....and I think they have Middle Tennessee State coming up.....they might not make it.  With one loss, there are excuses aplenty.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Bama is already in if they don't lose another game.  Don't even try to convince yourself otherwise.  If they lose a second game.....and I think they have Middle Tennessee State coming up.....they might not make it.  With one loss, there are excuses aplenty.

Bama needs a lot of help....

the media and fat cats want them in the playoff and will find any excuse worthy of 10% to get them in...

but they need a lot of help

LSU has a high probability of finding some way to furball this away

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.