ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

• 4 weeks later...

Taulia Tagovailoa entered the transfer portal today. I really can't blame him with Bryce Young coming to Tuscaloosa. I know that 5 Star Prospects do NOT always produce, but Bryce Young looks like he will be a great QB for the Tide. He has a ton to prove, but he reminds me of Kyler Murray. :) 

On 5/8/2020 at 8:02 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Taulia Tagovailoa entered the transfer portal today. I really can't blame him with Bryce Young coming to Tuscaloosa. I know that 5 Star Prospects do NOT always produce, but Bryce Young looks like he will be a great QB for the Tide. He has a ton to prove, but he reminds me of Kyler Murray. :) 

How good is Taulia? He is going to the University of Maryland and be reunited with Locksley, a former coach at Bama. It's still not clear whether he will have to sit out a year before getting back on the field. 

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

How good is Taulia? He is going to the University of Maryland and be reunited with Locksley, a former coach at Bama. It's still not clear whether he will have to sit out a year before getting back on the field. 

He is pretty good, but a mere fraction of his brother. He would not have beat out Mac Jones, and Saban seems to think that the incoming freshman will be great, which is likely. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/highly-touted-brockermeyer-twins-commit-alabama-crimson-tide/story?id=71844037

One brother is a center in the top 100. The other is a Left Tackle and #2 ranked overall. 

The Tide just might (I said MIGHT) have the best OL in college this season and next. In Latham and Brockermeyer, they do have the two top OT prospects for 2021, and I (for what little it is worth) project the 2020 OL to be better than they were last season.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• 3 weeks later...

Davonta Smith (who belongs on the Bills imo) is very impressed by Bryce Young. I have missed on many quarterbacks. I thought Rob Johnson would come around and be great.

That said, this kid has everything going for him. I just can't wait to see him compete and kick ass.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/08/alabama-qb-bryce-young-is-ready-impressing-teammates.html?fbclid=IwAR0lF00LPawLiGEQFlUb780cXqajJL0RACwNtb62DFzD0CZZ-Zg-_BMQGXs

Bill, I typically like you’re takes and have watched Smith for awhile and yes, I hope you’re right and we load up again with Smith as next year Brown and Beasley will be 31 and 32 respectively.  I’ve heard good things about the young QB, and with the other 6’0” QB’s now making it in the NFL  (Brees, Vick a bit about, and Mayfield), he might do well.

The problem is as I’m myopic to the Bills even though I’m flooded with Roll Tide editorials and articles down here living in SEC country, that I see us using all top three round picks for the older current players in roster spots like DE, O Line, and so on.  I’m with you though bud as he is darn good.  I guess it just depends on how Davis and Hodgins ends up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 11:54 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Bill, I typically like you’re takes and have watched Smith for awhile and yes, I hope you’re right and we load up again with Smith as next year Brown and Beasley will be 31 and 32 respectively.  I’ve heard good things about the young QB, and with the other 6’0” QB’s now making it in the NFL  (Brees, Vick a bit about, and Mayfield), he might do well.

The problem is as I’m myopic to the Bills even though I’m flooded with Roll Tide editorials and articles down here living in SEC country, that I see us using all top three round picks for the older current players in roster spots like DE, O Line, and so on.  I’m with you though bud as he is darn good.  I guess it just depends on how Davis and Hodgins ends up.

I hear ya, and was never one to pass on a solid OL pick.

That said, the Bills fell apart when Levy waited too long to replace players such as Bruce, Thurman, Andre, and even Kelly. He preferred drafting defensive backs. :censored:

I don't want the Bills to wait if they think a player is as good as I think Davonta is. He was said to have the best hands on the Tide, on teams that included Jeudy, Ruggs, and even Ridley. He also has great moves and can block, and if anything; he has proven what he can do in the clutch.

Oh and btw, Bama will have some great blockers coming out this year. It might be the best OL on the Tide since the year they demolished ND for the title, which was the best college OL I for one have ever seen.

• 1 month later...

Although I am reading numerous things about the situation, it appears at this time that Coach Saban had a false positive on his test for covid19 test and hs since tested negative.

I don't know what will happen but whether or not he will be allowed to be on the field (I doubt it), he will be like a caged animal for this game.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game!!!

In the 2nd half, it even seemed like the defense was coming around. If the D steps up and improves, the Crimson Tide will be able to compete with ANY team. Mac Jones had a whole lot of time to throw against a mega talented Georgia defense. and the offense took advantage of this in the air and on the ground.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Crimson Tide just received a commitment to the 2021 class from Ga'Quincy McKinstry, cornerback, and the 2nd ranked prospect in the state of Alabama.

The kid says it was a lifelong dream, and he is coming as we lose Surtain, and possibly Jobe who is unsung and playing well.

Keep 'em coming, and ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30192083/gaquincy-mckinstry-espn-no-38-overall-recruit-commits-alabama-crimson-tide

Edited by Bill from NYC

• 1 month later...

Bama received a commitment fro Camor Wheaton, who is considered to be the top, or second highest rated running back in the country. He appears to me to be a power runner (listed at 5'11"/190 but I'm saying no way). He doesn't look to have Najee Harris moves, but he has real top end speed.

His decision was probably influenced by the fact that The Tide also has commitments the top 2 rated OTs and a highly ranked center. They will need them because they will be losing their LT, LG, and Center (who the Bills really need imo, but I will get to this later). 

The Tide will be a young team next year but at this point they still look pretty good.

Edited by Bill from NYC

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The Tide is far from finished. There is another game to go against a GREAT team and it won't be easy. 

Here's to a championship season for the Bills and the Crimson Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide Roll...and let’s go Buffalo 🦬!!!!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.