2017 Cam Newton Excuse Thread

prissythecat

he will never win a Super Bowl because he is a loser.

The only way he does is riding the coattails of a defense that is the best in the league. And even then, at that point, they'll take the fault for any misfortunes actually caused by Newton.

He competes passes and runs, sure. But he misses wide open targets and doesn't even see them. That's why Ginn was wasted there .

look thru this thread.

hahaha. Ted Ginn "wasted". Ted Ginn isn't very good, but let's play along.

In his career, the 2 years he had the most targets

He has put up over 700 yards only 3 times in his career, 2 times with Cam Newton.

He has 26 career TD's, 10 of them came in 2015 with, yes you guessed it, Newton as his QB

I guess Drew Brees is "wasting" Ted Ginn also? 11 catches, 146 yards, 1TD

You hate Newton, but it's making you think irrationally. He is a very good QB.

hahaha. Ted Ginn "wasted". Ted Ginn isn't very good, but let's play along.

In his career, the 2 years he had the most targets

He has put up over 700 yards only 3 times in his career, 2 times with Cam Newton.

He has 26 career TD's, 10 of them came in 2015 with, yes you guessed it, Newton as his QB

I guess Drew Brees is "wasting" Ted Ginn also? 11 catches, 146 yards, 1TD

You hate Newton, but it's making you think irrationally. He is a very good QB.

That's just Boyst.....

except the growth and evolution occurs every season just like this and is more up and down than jauronimo in a truck stop men's room.

It's like he forgets every year. He's not a rookie anymore. There is no excuse for it.

Did he hit on your wife or something???😂

Every week, no joke. My brother is a Panthers fan.

He's up and down like everyone else, but when he's on dude is legit.

yes. he is similar to watching taylor, actually.

he's a mix between chad pennington and taylor, to me. more talented, obviously, but very equal in what the do on the field with ups and downs.

he's a mix between chad pennington and taylor, to me. more talented, obviously, but very equal in what the do on the field with ups and downs.

Cam is the least consistent best QB in the NFL. IMO.

He'll never be a QB who has 5 years straight of great play. But 3 games and a Super Bowl? He can do that.

Edited by jmc12290

Newton's problem is all between the ears. He can physically dominate the league when he wants to, video game style, he just has this strange headspace where he needs the perfect amount of adversity and confidence to make it click. When he's on I take him over pretty much everyone except Rodgers, he's that dynamic.

Newton's problem is all between the ears. He can physically dominate the league when he wants to, video game style, he just has this strange headspace where he needs the perfect amount of adversity and confidence to make it click. When he's on I take him over pretty much everyone except Rodgers, he's that dynamic.

Agreed. He can do things no QB in the NFL will do in a generation.

He really does seem to play better in the underdog roll.

The Panthers have been like that since Delhome.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20991624/nfl-carolina-panthers-philadelphia-eagles-thursday-night-football-matchup-2017-playoff-implications

Cam is 66.3 completion % on throw 15 yards or more (#1)

Leads league on Play action with 77.3 %.

Imagine a QB who can drop back, scan the field, pull the trigger and complete a pass with league leading efficiency.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20991624/nfl-carolina-panthers-philadelphia-eagles-thursday-night-football-matchup-2017-playoff-implications

Cam is 66.3 completion % on throw 15 yards or more (#1)

Leads league on Play action with 77.3 %.

Imagine a QB who can drop back, scan the field, pull the trigger and complete a pass with league leading efficiency.

lol scan the field. Lol

Watch him play more. There is no scanning the field. It is fine Olsen or find Benjamin. Now Olsen is out and it's find CMC. He doesn't scan the field. He merely find a wr and throws it toward them and they some times catch it.

lol scan the field. Lol

Watch him play more. There is no scanning the field. It is fine Olsen or find Benjamin. Now Olsen is out and it's find CMC. He doesn't scan the field. He merely find a wr and throws it toward them and they some times catch it.

You might want to check some pass distribution facts. Cam consistently completes passes to 6-7 different players.

lol scan the field. Lol

You are clueless, but carry on.

If Cam throws for 300+ tonight he will set the franchise record for consecutive games at 3. Surprising that the record is only 2 since it's so easy that every QB is expected to do it!

Eagles visit Panthers tonight. Carolina’s Cam Newton looking to set a franchise record by throwing for 300 yards in a 3rd consecutive game.

You might want to check some pass distribution facts. Cam consistently completes passes to 6-7 different players.

yes, I watch the games

You are clueless, but carry on.

he doesn't scan the field. Anybody can tell that. He finds his first read or his dump off and maybe gets a third grade

If Cam throws for 300+ tonight he will set the franchise record for consecutive games at 3. Surprising that the record is only 2 since it's so easy that every QB is expected to do it!

Eagles visit Panthers tonight. Carolina’s Cam Newton looking to set a franchise record by throwing for 300 yards in a 3rd consecutive game.

....would you happen to know if Buffalo is nearing a similar franchise record yet?...............

he's not making reads. He is just playing backyard football.

So he's hitting 6-8 different targets/game, has a 60% completion rate, a 2.7% INT rate and averages about 3,600 yards/year .... and he's just been lucky for 6+ years?

Got it.

So he's hitting 6-8 different targets/game, has a 60% completion rate, a 2.7% INT rate and averages about 3,600 yards/year .... and he's just been lucky for 6+ years?

Got it.

is that at all what I said? Damn, it's like I said the sky is purple and I am told "hey, you're wrong because you said the sky is lavender"

Newton looks downfield, has the ability to throw a football anywhere he pleases, has giant WR's, takes his drop and if he feels pressure after one glance he runs. Not as much as he used to but he runs or scrambles. As he scrambles he only sees one dump off guy and may pass it or run it. He's been doing a lot of dump off passes which is why CMC has been doing well.

His OL is playing much better, too.

is that at all what I said? Damn, it's like I said the sky is purple and I am told "hey, you're wrong because you said the sky is lavender"

Newton looks downfield, has the ability to throw a football anywhere he pleases, has giant WR's, takes his drop and if he feels pressure after one glance he runs. Not as much as he used to but he runs or scrambles. As he scrambles he only sees one dump off guy and may pass it or run it. He's been doing a lot of dump off passes which is why CMC has been doing well.

I like lavender.

You just described an elite QB.

I like lavender.

no, I didn't. I described an elite athlete.

Brady keeps his eyes downfield and reading, Rodgers does, Manning does. Newton doesn't usually do this. He loss focus and can't identify opening routes. Look at reports. The Panthers have very basic route trees for WR's because of this.

Your Tinder beef with Cam just makes you post awful things.

I would do very bad things if the Bills ended up with Cam instead of Dareus. With that 2014 defense and Cam, we might have made the SB.

I like lavender.

Lavender is so overrated.

offense doesn't win championships.

Telling their defense was #2 or 3 and they didn't win anything. Isn't it?

Their defense got destroyed in the super bowl and cam was really the only one who showed up to play. Dropped passes left and right but I know what your going to say already.

He ain't elite but he's def a franchise QB.

Edited by Elite Poster

Their defense got destroyed in the super bowl and cam was really the only one who showed up to play. Dropped passes left and right but I know what your going to say already.

He ain't elite but he's def a franchise QB.

cam showed up to watch. the dude was piss poor, a loser and a joke. he did no such thing.