What if we still had Hogan & Gillislee?

BBills14

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, no team signs him the Bills own him. But did he really want to be here ,and if not do you want to have a backup RB on the team that doesn't really want to be here. And yes in fantasy land it doesn't matter, the Bills own him end of story. But when talking about professional football players, or any sport for that matter, or even in life in general, you don't want people forced into a job they really don't want.

He would be on a one year audition for unrestricted free agency. To not show up and run through a brick wall for the team would only hurt him. He wasn't an established superstar getting a big deal no matter how the season goes.

I understand, no team signs him the Bills own him. But did he really want to be here ,and if not do you want to have a backup RB on the team that doesn't really want to be here. And yes in fantasy land it doesn't matter, the Bills own him end of story. But when talking about professional football players, or any sport for that matter, or even in life in general, you don't want people forced into a job they really don't want.

Undortunately for him though that's the way it works. I bet that he would have been thrilled to get the cash associated with a 2nd round tender (before getting that contract). It would have shown their belief in him and he would have made some money. He ended up better off but still wouldn't have been a malcontent. The Bills just misread the situation.

gillislee and goodwin would have been nice to keep. one was easy to keep and the other way too expensive to keep.

play makers do not have to cost a lot of money. simply having a wr who can open the top of the defense or a running back who can move the pile can do a lot for an offense. the hardest part to ever find is the tight end who can move down the seam of the defense.

Hogan would be our #1 or #2 on this team while Gillislee would only be getting better. We should have paid up...

Hogan might have been( here ) cut during the preseason ,

Gillisee still needs to prove that he can handle 20-25 touches per game

gillislee and goodwin would have been nice to keep. one was easy to keep and the other way too expensive to keep.

play makers do not have to cost a lot of money. simply having a wr who can open the top of the defense or a running back who can move the pile can do a lot for an offense. the hardest part to ever find is the tight end who can move down the seam of the defense.

I did not see Gillislee move the pile on those 2 tries against the Chiefs

Well said Boyst. We desperately need some explosion.

I did not see Gillislee move the pile on those 2 tries against the Chiefs

that chiefs DL isn't bad.

and those were terrible play calls. gillislee is not a floating running back set up for the zone block. he is a read and run running back who would has been able to find holes and attack with great angles.

he is a change of pace/second rb and nothing more. he is perhaps the best in the league for his type of running and being a backup.

if he could only be a great receiving threat he would be the ideal 3rd down back in most offenses today.

that chiefs DL isn't bad.

and those were terrible play calls. gillislee is not a floating running back set up for the zone block. he is a read and run running back who would has been able to find holes and attack with great angles.

he is a change of pace/second rb and nothing more. he is perhaps the best in the league for his type of running and being a backup.

if he could only be a great receiving threat he would be the ideal 3rd down back in most offenses today.

Why would we want Gillislee changing the pace when we can have Tolbert? He is the ultimate change of pace back!! He slows everything down. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Why would we want Gillislee changing the pace when we can have Tolbert? He is the ultimate change of pace back!! He slows everything down.

i was scared until i got to the end.

i don't get tolbert to save my life.

i'd rather see what dimarco can do carrying it than tolbert.

or bring back anthony dixon for cryin' out loud.

We would still be 1-1, it would make zero difference imo, even add in Watkins and I'll say the same thing.

This take is common , but lacking sense. It's not about this year. It's about having a decent team when the Bills get that coveted QB. They've left themselves with lots of holes to fill, and may not get players as good as the ones that left.

Nothing would be different in the end. The Bills would have the same record they will have this year without them. A lot of Bills fans thought Hogan was a joke/gimmick/clown who would not make other teams rosters when he was in Buffalo. Funny how now they see him as a great WR when in reality he has done in NE similar things to what he did here if you adjust for the fact he has the best QB throwing to him. Basically his numbers went up a little bit even though now he is a starter while in Buffalo he was 3rd.

Nothing would change except we'd be complaining we overpaid for both.

It's the fans' fault!! Wahhh wahhh wahhh.

If we had kept MG we'd have an extra 5-10 rushing TDs this year and they wouldn't have to change the offense every time Shady takes a breather. Plus they'd have a potential replacement/bridge for Shady if he's not on the roster in 2018 or 2019. Plus New England would have fewer rushing TDs.

But hey, we got to save about $1.5M so...

It's the fans' fault!! Wahhh wahhh wahhh.

If we had kept MG we'd have an extra 5-10 rushing TDs this year and they wouldn't have to change the offense every time Shady takes a breather. Plus they'd have a potential replacement/bridge for Shady if he's not on the roster in 2018 or 2019. Plus New England would have fewer rushing TDs.

But hey, we got to save about $1.5M so...

Tolbert is on-pace for 8 TD's, which is what MG got last year.