I love narratives to make points - SF Defense & Watkins

Billsfan1972

So SF who held Newton to less passing yards then Buff did and Seattle on the road to also under 200 yards passing now has a lousy defense once the LA Rams shred them.

Watkins who had 7 targets in two weeks, caught 6 of 7 yesterday, but again is soft as he is in concussion protocol.

His fans claimed that Goff still trying to get comfortable with him, like TT with Matthews.....

Conversely Philly seems not to miss Matthews at all either.

Again it is obvious watching the Rams, that Goff looks just okay, but when you have an offensive scheme, movement and interesting packages, everyone looks better and played are open.

And as Bills fan the idea of a 300 yard passing game is just a dream.

Will see what happens Sunday, and who knows come Monday the Bills maybe the surprise of the NFL season (or allow 40 points).

Yes only 2 games + 1, but anyone who says Watkins isn't a top receiver Talent and only salivates about draft picks just is not watching the game.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So SF who held Newton to less passing yards then Buff did and Seattle on the road to also under 200 yards passing now has a lousy defense once the LA Rams shred them.

Watkins who had 7 targets in two weeks, caught 6 of 7 yesterday, but again is soft as he is in concussion protocol.

His fans claimed that Goff still trying to get comfortable with him, like TT with Matthews.....

Conversely Philly seems not to miss Matthews at all either.

Again it is obvious watching the Rams, that Goff looks just okay, but when you have an offensive scheme, movement and interesting packages, everyone looks better and played are open.

And as Bills fan the idea of a 300 yard passing game is just a dream.

Will see what happens Sunday, and who knows come Monday the Bills maybe the surprise of the NFL season (or allow 40 points).

Yes only 2 games + 1, but anyone who says Watkins isn't a top receiver Talent and only salivates about draft picks just is not watching the game.

he would have been gone next year. they got what they could for him while they could. btw, he's hurt again. just saying

I said my piece in the gameday thread. Today hurts though. Watkkns, Woods, Goodwin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matthews, Zay, Holmes

We had a surefire #1, solid #2 and an elite deep threat. Now we have a slow #2, a struggling (but talented) rookie that probably peaks as a solid 2 and some guys that don't belong in the NFL.

Goodwin an ELITE deep threat? Another soft track star with questionable hands.

Yes, he has been able to hold safeties out of the box. He impacts games by being out there. The threat that he can score on any play helps open the once elite Bills running game. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I said my piece in the gameday thread. Today hurts though. Watkkns, Woods, Goodwin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matthews, Zay, Holmes

We had a surefire #1, solid #2 and an elite deep threat. Now we have a slow #2, a struggling (but talented) rookie that probably peaks as a solid 2 and some guys that don't belong in the NFL.

Not to mention letting Hogan walk the year before.

At this point it's pretty clear just how much talent Whaley was able to acquire that went to complete waste because Pegula got caught up in Rex's flash instead of hiring an offensive head coach and making Schwartz the highest paid DC in football. The Kool-aid drinkers can shovel all the BS they want about "players who want to win" but since Mc. D / Beane took over the team has bled a ton of talent, we won 17 games the past two years despite a coach who knew very little about game management and who ran a special defensive scheme that didn't fit our talent and the league had figured out a long time ago.

what would you be doing differently, starting with Rex's departure?

Can I chime in?

I would have canned Rex and tried like hell to convince McDaniels to take the job. I probably would have kept Whaley but if not I would have brought Caserio with McDaniels. I would have done exactly what they did in the draft early. I would have kept Gillislee. I would have picked up Watkins 5th year and worked on a long term extension before the season because the value would have been better. I wouldn't have traded Darby. I might have signed Hyde but I wouldn't have signed Poyer. I would have added a LB instead of Dawkins. I would have signed a starting RT in FA. Off the top of my head that's how I would have proceeded. There's obviously more if I put more thought into it than 25 seconds.

Not to mention letting Hogan walk the year before.

At this point it's pretty clear just how much talent Whaley was able to acquire that went to complete waste because Pegula got caught up in Rex's flash instead of hiring an offensive head coach and making Schwartz the highest paid DC in football. The Kool-aid drinkers can shovel all the BS they want about "players who want to win" but since Mc. D / Beane took over the team has bled a ton of talent, we won 17 games the past two years despite a coach who knew very little about game management and who ran a special defensive scheme that didn't fit our talent and the league had figured out a long time ago.

Yep, Whaley was good and we will come to find that out. Even guys like Humber, Zach Brown Lorax, NRC, Incognito, etc.... He found production at a bargain price.

Yep, Whaley was good and we will come to find that out. Even guys like Humber, Zach Brown Lorax, NRC, Incognito, etc.... He found production at a bargain price.

Very good at bringing talent in. But, his drafting left a lot to be desired. never the less, Watkins should not have been traded.

A good evaluator of talent? Yes Building a team? No.

He would've started EJ Manual ANOTHER season in 2015 had they not hired Rex and my guess is Tyrod would've never been here.

He was QB blind.

His infatuation with EJ was his biggest downfall IMO.

Yes, but if we cut Holmes we get a comp pick, which is so much more important than winning.