The Best Damn Band in the Land performing at Bills v TB!

YoloinOhio

Marching bands are the only kind of entertainment I think appropriate, at a football game. And a really good band is a joy to watch. OSU, USC, and most of the big schools have good bands. I was always a fan of the traditionally black college bands, but I haven't seen too many examples, in recent years. Major exceptions are the bands from Florida Southern and Southern University and A&M College (the "Human Jukebox"). I also think Stanford's band is very fun to watch---and, let's face it, completely crazy at times.

Except when one gets freight-trained by a Cal State player :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna be at that game and now am freakin' really looking forward to it even more now. I hope they do script Ohio. Terry dotting the I would be sweet.

I played in the North Texas State University Fighting Mean Green Band and we were the BEST! But Ohio State will do.

The band I play in now plays French National Defile which is the march they do script Ohio to.

Thanks for posting this.

Go BILLS !!

Edited by reddogblitz

Are you an OSU football fan? If so, read on.

My son just entered high school and is in the marching band. I had heard a few years ago that our marching band is head and shoulders above the others in the area. Our football team not so much.

So I go to the first game of the year to see my son play at half-time and this player on the other team (Lindenhurst) just wrecks the game, a man among boys. WR, LB and kicker. Unstoppable. The next morning I pick up the Sunday paper and he's front and center on the high school section...and he's committed to OSU as a tight end. Here's the story:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/football/ohio-state-football-commit-jeremy-ruckert-ready-for-a-big-senior-year-at-lindenhurst-1.14107369

And if you're interested in a high school marching band that doesn't suck:

i know exactly which TE you are talking about without opening the link. He is incredible, top TE recruit in the country and truthfully they are lucky to get him considering they are fairly inept at utilizing TEs, haha. Thanks for the links!

The best damn band in the land is incredible at all times. The Michael Jackson tribute is my favorite (besides script Ohio):

Did you know that only a few non-band members have ever dotted the i? One of them happens to have a grandson on our team.

If you guys like marching bands you need to be at Mardi Gras. In addition to your Gramblings and Southern we have AMAZING high school marching bands (St. Paul's, Edna Karr, Landry-Walker, etc...) but St. Augustine Marching 100 is my favorite. That is where Fournette & the Honey Badger (amongst many others) went. At any rate here's a bit from them:

Also, I would venture to say that if you put Louisiana against the rest of the country in a Ryder Cup style battle of the bands they'd still probably win. If you've been to Mardi Gras ever you've seen a lot of these bands. They are truly amazing. St. Aug marched in like 9 parades (a couple times the same day)!! That parade route is miles long.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The best damn band in the land is incredible at all times. The Michael Jackson tribute is my favorite (besides script Ohio):

Did you know that only a few non-band members have ever dotted the i? One of them happens to have a grandson on our team.

If you guys like marching bands you need to be at Mardi Gras. In addition to your Gramblings and Southern we have AMAZING high school marching bands (St. Paul's, Edna Karr, Landry-Walker, etc...) but St. Augustine Marching 100 is my favorite. That is where Fournette & the Honey Badger (amongst many others) went. At any rate here's a bit from them:

Also, I would venture to say that if you put Louisiana against the rest of the country in a Ryder Cup style battle of the bands they'd still probably win. If you've been to Mardi Gras ever you've seen a lot of these bands. They are truly amazing. St. Aug marched in like 9 parades (a couple times the same day)!! That parade route is miles long.

14 non-band members have dotted the "I". Earle Bruce was the last - was there for that one.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016/09/74668/a-rundown-of-non-band-members-to-dot-the-i-in-script-ohio

Based on his life story I would like to see Chris Carter get the opportunity.

USC wins cheerleaders, OSU can have the band... I have a personal preference between the two groups, but this is not the place for that...

If you are referring to the young ladies in the white sweaters at USC, don't you dare call them cheerleaders to their faces.

They are the "USC Song Girls", and they let you know that.

14 non-band members have dotted the "I". Earle Bruce was the last - was there for that one.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016/09/74668/a-rundown-of-non-band-members-to-dot-the-i-in-script-ohio

He's a great call!!! I'd like to add two more names at some point Jim Tressel and Kyle Snyder.

Earle has Alzheimer's :cry: - glad he got to do that.

Marlon Kerner played at OSU and is the Bills director of employee engagement - I doubt he's selected but you never know! He tweeted about it, haha.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If you are going to Bills- Tampa game on 10/22 you will see The Ohio State marching band perform at New Era! Sometimes a better experience than the team itself... the band never lets us down!

https://tbdbitl.osu.edu

This might be the highlight of that game!

The best damn band was also in London for the Bills vs the Jaguars game in October of 2015

Ohh I forgot I've seen them before! That was a cool show. Thanks!

they play at Kinnick on 11/4...

They play at every away stadium except Penn State. And are never booed. They play to the home crowd. It's fun.

correct. Of course no one needs a band to sell out a college game. But sometimes .... no matter what happens in the game, the band is always worth it!

Why don't they play at Penn State?