Positional Needs: September Edition

Astrobot

That was an awesome read. Thank you.

My only disagreement is that I don't see Beane putting value on a WR to draft him with our first 1st rounder. That pick should be fairly high if we can't work the offense out. I believe that TE will be a priority next off season as well as Clay still has 14 games of injuries to pile up this season.

Thanks, as always, Astro.

With regard to your assessment of the college QBs - (admittedly, I'm stealing this from Golic after listening this morning) - going strictly by stats (good or bad) isn't really answering whether a QB can be successful in the NFL - mainly due to the talent (or lack thereof) surrounding them.

We've seen college QBs with phenomenal statistics completely bomb in the NFL; and we've seen college QBs with mediocre statistics do well.

Rather than focusing on stats, we need to be looking for skills (pocket presence, decision-making, not staring down receivers).

I would rather see the Bills' first pick be the best QB available.

Thanks, as always, Astro.

With regard to your assessment of the college QBs - (admittedly, I'm stealing this from Golic after listening this morning) - going strictly by stats (good or bad) isn't really answering whether a QB can be successful in the NFL - mainly due to the talent (or lack thereof) surrounding them.

We've seen college QBs with phenomenal statistics completely bomb in the NFL; and we've seen college QBs with mediocre statistics do well.

Rather than focusing on stats, we need to be looking for skills (pocket presence, decision-making, not staring down receivers).

I would rather see the Bills' first pick be the best QB available.

Yeah, I would be surprised and disappointed if qb isn't addressed first.

Can't wait until we actually do change QB's just to see who your next insane crusade will be against.

What does this have anything to do with your mythical crusade.

Fact QB most important position in football. Unless you have one it ALWAYS should be your first priority. Now go back over to TSW if you want to cry about TT this is draft and college talk

I watched Rosen on the UCLA game last weekend, and he is accurate and smart. Not opposed to getting him...haven't seen some of the others.

Like Rosen alot. Like Darnold at this point better even with his weird throwing motion. Coming around on Rudolph more every week

Great write-up Astro. Funny stuff about Kouandjio.

With regards to your comments about Dareus and a probable need at DT, I firmly believe that McDermott/Beane will pursue Star Lotuleilei in free agency.

The Panthers gave a contract extension to Kawaan Short, and they used their first round pick in 2016 to take Vernon Butler. So I expect them to let Lotuleilei walk, and McDermott will be there to pick him up.

Who knows, maybe they'll draft his brother too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.