Kimmell calls out Sen. Cassidy

Cugalabanza

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big, deep pocket Republican donors want their tax cut so the politicians they have invested in are fighting in their interests. That is the roadblock to a bipartisan deal

The roadblock is that there isn't a feasible way to remedy everyone's concerns.

How much do you want to punish people who study and work for a living to cover those who refuse to do either.

Kimmel called Sen. Kennedy "inbred" last night

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/kimmel-slams-kennedy-as-inbred

Late-night television host Jimmy Kimmel continued his critique of the latest Republican attempt to repeal the 2010 health care law, calling Louisiana GOP Sen. John Kennedy “inbred.”

Speaking Thursday night on his ABC show, Kimmel played a video of Kennedy telling Fox News that the TV host is “a funny guy” but not a health care expert.

Kimmel said he did not claim to be a health care expert.

“I should not be the guy you go to for information about health care, and if these guys — like inbred John Kennedy — would tell the truth for a change, I wouldn’t have to,” he said.

Kimmel has mostly criticized Kennedy’s Louisiana colleague, Sen. Bill Cassidy, for being dishonest about legislation he co-sponsored with fellow GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Dean Heller of Nevada and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin.

That didn't take long to move back from indignant father to Hollywood elitist jackass

Senator Kennedy has earned degrees from Vanderbilt, UVA & Oxford but he's inbred because he disagrees with Jimmy Kimmel

LIBERALISM IS AN ILLNESS

Edited by B-Man

Good thing I was sitting down................... :doh:

Jimmy Kimmel was coached by Chuck Schumer

If you were wondering how Jimmy Kimmel suddenly became an instant expert on Graham-Cassidy, it turns out he had a lot of help including from Sen. Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. The Daily Beast reports Kimmel has had a running conversation with Schumer and other outside experts for several weeks:

Behind the scenes, the ABC star was getting an assist. Kimmel and his team were in touch with health care officials, charities and advocacy groups, multiple sources told The Daily Beast. He also was in touch with the office of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y) who, according to a source familiar with their conversations, “provided technical guidance and info about the bill, as well as stats from various think tanks and experts on the effects of [Graham-Cassidy].”…

Sources close to Kimmel said he was prepared to speak out regardless, given Cassidy’s past invocation of “the Jimmy Kimmel test.” Schumer gave him encouragement to do so. The two had been in touch “periodically” over the last several months as prior legislative efforts were considered and their conversations continued when Graham-Cassidy began gaining steam. “It’s part of that continued conversation,” a source said.

Kimmel and his staff also spoke with other activists and organizations opposing Graham-Cassidy in an effort to do his due diligence and “his research,” said one person familiar with the process. People spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely.

Edited by B-Man

The GOP health 'uncare' bill 3.0 is pure shite.The GOP has made it unclear what they oppose. What t F are they for? Can anyone on the right articulate their ideal healthcare system?

I'd say it would look similar to the system in place before Obamacare. Just what did Obamacare " fix " exactly? Seems like it spends a lot more money to " cover" those who were already getting treatment.

I had an inkling that Kimmel collaborated with a politician because of the way he framed his monologue where he referenced potential loopholes in the bill and then presented them as a fact that they will happen. He's obviously passionate about the subject because of his kid, but he should just stick to girls jumping on trampolines.

I'd say it would look similar to the system in place before Obamacare. Just what did Obamacare " fix " exactly? Seems like it spends a lot more money to " cover" those who were already getting treatment.

Bankruptcies due to medical reasons have been estimated to have been cut in half since the ACA went into effect. It's obviously still a deeply flawed bill though.