WEEK 2 - AT CAR: ALL 22 REVIEW: O LINE/ QB UNFORCED ERRORS

Bocephuz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to these every week. Nice job, Bo.

I was hoping you'd include the wide shot of the final Jones drop/ TT miss. I disagree that it was thrown to the wrong shoulder. Other than that, it's clear that stunts have gotten the better of Wood over the past two weeks. Hopefully mills will rebound but hoping for a good week vs Von Miller is insane

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

Thanks for these write ups. They're interesting.

Not sure I agree with you on some of these, like stepping up into the pocket to hit Clay. That pocket was collapsing, and you're assuming that he'd already seen Clay and knew he'd be open beyond the safeties. If he didn't see him at the exact right time, he wouldn't have had time to step up.

And on the last play, McDermott sort of admitted by implication that Jones screwed up - either ran the route incorrectly or failed to adjust to the ball. The implication was that Taylor threw it properly.

I look forward to these every week. Nice job, Bo.

I was hoping you'd include the wide shot of the final Jones drop/ TT miss. I disagree that it was thrown to the wrong shoulder. Other than that, it's clear that stunts have gotten the better of Wood over the past two weeks. Hopefully mills will rebound but hoping for a good week vs Von Miller is insane

I think they'll need to keep a tight end/rb on Miller's side to double him every passing down. Run right at him.. throw screens his way.. anything to keep him guessing. Mills can't handle speed rushers one on one

Thanks for these write ups. They're interesting.

Not sure I agree with you on some of these, like stepping up into the pocket to hit Clay. That pocket was collapsing, and you're assuming that he'd already seen Clay and knew he'd be open beyond the safeties. If he didn't see him at the exact right time, he wouldn't have had time to step up.

And on the last play, McDermott sort of admitted by implication that Jones screwed up - either ran the route incorrectly or failed to adjust to the ball. The implication was that Taylor threw it properly.

If McDermott says that on Jones' route then I'll take his word on it.

On the Clay play I would counter that TT can't afford to wait til Clay is clearly open before throwing it. He also runs into Peppers grasp. If he shuffles a half step up and throws he has enough room/time in that pocket there

Edited by Bocephuz

Thanks for the posting Bocephuz. I look forward to these. What these postings reinforce for me...

I don't think TT is the long term answer. Stands in the pocket too long, tucks and runs when there are open receivers, doesn't let his receivers make plays.

I am not impressed by the receiving corps, but it's early in the season and most of them are new to the team.

I am not impressed by the play calling. Not enough options, roll-outs, play action, etc.

I am worried about the offensive line (obviously).

Shady is great but he can't carry the team.

Some people say coaching is overrated, I feel it's underrated. To me Dennison shares a big portion of the blame for a terrible game plan, play calling, no creativity, etc. Panthers have a very good defense, but we should of been able to put up 10-14 points easily with more creativity on offense. Thanks Rico!!!!

I think they'll need to keep a tight end/rb on Miller's side to double him every passing down. Run right at him.. throw screens his way.. anything to keep him guessing. Mills can't handle speed rushers one on one

If we only had a successful screen game, we could take advantage of their excellent pass rush

Some people say coaching is overrated, I feel it's underrated. To me Dennison shares a big portion of the blame for a terrible game plan, play calling, no creativity, etc. Panthers have a very good defense, but we should of been able to put up 10-14 points easily with more creativity on offense. Thanks Rico!!!!

The Panthers were playing a lot of off coverage. I would have liked to see some bubble screens or short curls called to get them out of that off coverage. That may have opened the intermediate game some more

Thanks Bocebreh. Look 4wards 2 these joints weekly.

This. Times a million. We coulda called better plays on Madden. That offensive gameplan sucked little to no halftime adjustemnts, they onoy started jelling onnthe last drive, where were those plays all fckn game?.

The Panthers were playing a lot of off coverage. I would have liked to see some bubble screens or short curls called to get them out of that off coverage. That may have opened the intermediate game some more

Remember all the movement we had in Roman's offense? This is what drives me nuts: we had a top 5 defense, and we hire Rex who comes in a completely changes a proven scheme and ruins it. Then, we have a top 10 scoring offense with the #1 rushing attack in the league, and Rico comes in with the zone scheme. Blows my mind how these coaches are so set in their ways with schemes and insist on changing things up when it's been successful in the past.

If McDermott says that on Jones' route then I'll take his word on it.

On the Clay play I would counter that TT can't afford to wait til Clay is clearly open before throwing it. He also runs into Peppers grasp. If he shuffles a half step up and throws he has enough room/time in that pocket there

Rico said that both TT and Zay were both to blame for that last play.

Dennison/McD stuck with a bad O Game plan way too long. 1 single first half first down is insane - especially with no throws beyond 10 yds of the line of scrimmage. Whether the routes aren't there or TT holds it, the COACHES need to tell TT it's OK to let it fly if they are.

My $ is on a designed conservative passing game plus no deep threat now that Sammy is gone.

Once abandoned, it was obvious how much better a TT with the chains off is.

The OPI on the final drive was not trivial - were on a roll and had Carolina on their heels. BS home ref Call.

For all those calling for Peterman, with the shivvy field position the Bills had most of the game - even the one pick that he would have definitely thrown would have had the Bills out of the game for sure.

A tiny bit better throw and better effort on the last catch wins it - as painful as it was to watch the TT in max conservative mode, Bills are out of it in the 3rd quarter if Peterman was playing - would have surely forced at least one for a pick - game over.

Dennison should see the error of his ways and I would expect TT to be opened up this week.

This Sunday is going to be tough to watch. The right side of our line and our receivers vs the Broncos D is going to be very hard to watch.

Unfortunately Incognito on the left side hasn't been playing well either.

i know that he missed oleary on that one... but he did throw it to dimarco passed the sticks for what should have been a first.

Felt like he saw oleary but knew with pressure in his face he was going to have to loft that thing up there.

IMO Taylor made the right throw there. He would have had to turn around to make the pass to O'Leary. There were 2 panthers bearing down on Tyrod. He made the correct throw. The ball placement was good. Dimarco had butter fingers in what should have been a first down.