Yards Per Pass Twitter - Early All 22 footage

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has he ever checked out of a play?

I know he has called time out a few times, but has he ever deliberately changed the play?

I just don't think he processes info quick enough to make a decision. He's even having a hard time deciding whether to run.

Possibly doesn't have the freedom to do that. Not every coach gives the QB the option to change plays. Maybe Switch directions or pass protection, but not necessarily completely changing the play

Possibly doesn't have the freedom to do that. Not every coach gives the QB the option to change plays. Maybe Switch directions or pass protection, but not necessarily completely changing the play

Tyrod just said at his press conference that he isn't audibling out of plays right now but they are getting there.

Is anybody else just sick of hearing about opening up the offense. I say tell Tyrod to try to sling it all over the field with reckless abandon. Quit this afraid of turnovers garbage and lets see how good he can be. If he doesn't cut the mustard we have Peterman. I understand that our offense is predicated on ball control and time management, but the best teams can sling it all over the field. I watched multiple plays and Tyrod doesn't look comfortable and is quick to pull down and try to run he doesn't always keep his eyes down field. I'm just tired of seeing the same thing going on for years now. He shows at times he's capable but he's too inconsistent and the writing is on the wall. So lets stop calling all the conservative plays and "Open it up" against the no fly zone because i'm sure they won't expect it.

Tyrod just said at his press conference that he isn't audibling out of plays right now but they are getting there.

One huge benefit of having your QB more involved in the play calling is that when a QB decides what play is going to be ran - he mentally makes a decision about where he is going to go with the ball in the huddle instead of waiting till after the snap to make that decision.

Well I can understand how a 7th year vet doesn't have the aptitude to audible.

Holy ****. There are high school QB's who can audible.

This is indefensible.

Edited by jmc12290

Is anybody else just sick of hearing about opening up the offense. I say tell Tyrod to try to sling it all over the field with reckless abandon. Quit this afraid of turnovers garbage and lets see how good he can be. If he doesn't cut the mustard we have Peterman. I understand that our offense is predicated on ball control and time management, but the best teams can sling it all over the field. I watched multiple plays and Tyrod doesn't look comfortable and is quick to pull down and try to run he doesn't always keep his eyes down field. I'm just tired of seeing the same thing going on for years now. He shows at times he's capable but he's too inconsistent and the writing is on the wall. So lets stop calling all the conservative plays and "Open it up" against the no fly zone because i'm sure they won't expect it.

I agree with all of this.

I just hope the Carolina game will be a learning experience for Dennison.

This is indefensible.

I said this in another thread. There is no bigger indictment by the coaches than this. It is beyond ludicrous that a 7th year pro QB doesn't have the freedom to get his offense in and out of plays. Just a huge admission and an even bigger concession by the coaching staff.

This is indefensible.

Indefensible?

Says random dude on a message board who has probably never even played the position before.

Still so angry, I see.

Someone pointed out Wentz as a guy consistently audibling from the time he got under center in the NFL, but does anyone really know if every other NFL QB can (coach's permission) and does (ability) audible consistently and effectively in and out of plays?

Does Newton?

It sure didn't look like it Sunday when he called a couple timeouts pretty clearly saying he couldn't hear the call in his helmet.

Mariota?

Prescott?

Indefensible?

Yeah, I don't think Taylor's alone there, bro.

MM was calling audibles as a rookie. http://www.espn.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/63468/why-the-titans-arent-asking-marcus-mariota-to-audible-much

Google MArcus M. audibles. He excelled in the pre draft interviews recognizing defenses, formations and adjustments. Plenty of articles out there. The one I linked was just to show you that as a rookie they were working on it. That is standard fare in today's NFL.

http://www.stack.com/a/watching-cam-newton-explain-how-he-calls-an-audible-is-every-football-fans-dream-come-true

There is "overrated" Cam's information. The refusal to admit that not being able to call audibles is a huge red mark is pretty sad. It's a huge disadvantage at the LOS and it serves as a sign of a QB who doesn't understand the game. He has been in the league 7 years. Working towards it?

How about a few hand signals? Wouldn't matter because TT doesn't recognize what's coming. Yikes.

Edited by Commonsense

MM was calling audibles as a rookie. http://www.espn.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/63468/why-the-titans-arent-asking-marcus-mariota-to-audible-much

Google MArcus M. audibles. He excelled in the pre draft interviews recognizing defenses, formations and adjustments. Plenty of articles out there. The one I linked was just to show you that as a rookie they were working on it. That is standard fare in today's NFL.

​He was restricted calling audibles. He didn't have absolute freedom. It says it right there.

Matt Ryan in Kyle Shanahan's offense was restricted in the audibles he could call.

Sometimes it's an ego thing for OCs.

I think people are assuming those comments from Taylor imply automatically that he absolutely has to run whatever play he's given and I really doubt that. I'm sure he has the freedom to check to a run play to a pass play or a pass play to a run play if he absolutely must, but I'm also sure that Dennison generally wants the plays run he wants run.

It's just a little goofy the way some people are presenting that as though it's proof that Taylor can't handle being an NFL QB.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

​He was restricted calling audibles. He didn't have absolute freedom. It says it right there.

Matt Ryan in Kyle Shanahan's offense was restricted in the audibles he could call.

Sometimes it's an ego thing for OCs.

I think people are assuming those comments from Taylor imply automatically that he absolutely has to run whatever play he's given and I really doubt that. I'm sure he has the freedom to check to a run play to a pass play or a pass play to a run play if he absolutely must, but I'm also sure that Dennison generally wants the plays run he wants run.

It's just a little goofy the way some people are presenting that as though it's proof that Taylor can't handle being an NFL QB.

That was in 2015, his first year as a pro. Go read the predraft stuff. This is why this off season when the Wentz/Tyrod debate was being thrown around I was laughing. It's not even close. One can process information and one can't. Blame the OC. He has had plenty of different OC's and he is still blind at the LOS.

That was in 2015, his first year as a pro. Go read the predraft stuff. This is why this off season when the Wentz/Tyrod debate was being thrown around I was laughing. It's not even close. One can process information and one can't. Blame the OC. He has had plenty of different OC's and he is still blind at the LOS.

You posted that article as though it's proof Mariota is audibling freely at the line and it's not.

I know Mariota and like him a lot. I think he has the ability to do it. But the article you just posted proves pretty much the opposite of what you were saying.

And also, you're implying that Taylor can't dissect what he's seeing on the field when he has to make snap decisions pretty consistently based on what he sees.

For example, back in 2015 against the Titans when Taylor scored that TD on the draw play:

That was a designed draw and was something that we practiced on against a certain look. There were two plays called in the huddle and we got up and they gave us the look that we wanted to get and I was able to make a play.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

You posted that article as though it's proof Mariota is audibling freely at the line and it's not.

I know Mariota and like him a lot. I think he has the ability to do it. But the article you just posted proves pretty much the opposite of what you were saying.

Are you unable to do some research? You are the one who implied he couldn't do it.

You know him and you like him a lot but you fail to realize his understanding of the game is one of his strengths. He does it and does it freely.

Do the research on your own and stop pointing fingers at other players without taking a second to look it up.

Yes it is.

On a related note, has anyone ever noticed that playing OL at the NFL level, comes down entirely to 1 skill?

You have to be a giant, blubbery, freakishly large human...while still having good coordination of your entire body and quick feet with good balance.

Any of us, if born into a 6'4" 325 lb. body, and with "quick feet" who grew up taking tap dancing classes b/c our mom was a professional dancer (or something) would have an excellent shot at a 12 year NFL career.

It's actually kind of interesting; apparently this combination of characteristics (huge with good feet/balance) is really hard to find. Not many guys have it.

It's easy to find the big slobs; much harder to find the big slobs with good balance, quick feet, and some basic level of overall athleticism/coordination to their body, particularly lower body.

If you could combine a huge guy with the athletic ability of Tyrod Taylor, or every RB in the NFL, you'd have the world's best OL.

The bar is low! Are you huge? Can you keep your balance and keep your legs under your body mass while moving quickly left or right? BAM! Big time NFL career waiting for you.

Edited by Fadingpain

I said this in another thread. There is no bigger indictment by the coaches than this. It is beyond ludicrous that a 7th year pro QB doesn't have the freedom to get his offense in and out of plays. Just a huge admission and an even bigger concession by the coaching staff.

Reggie Ragland was "coming along" in the 4-3 just weeks before they made a change. What an indictment by this staff.

I wonder why OC's sign their own death warrant with these QB's.