Sammy watch

dave mcbride

Yes! As soon as he did that he got a concussion! Haha I don't know what else I can say. That is clearly evidence in my favor. If your point is that one game against a crap defense proves he is elite, then what does a concussion after one physical play against a crap defense prove?

Just take the L and go home. Diggin pretty deep and you're wrong.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pop quiz: prior to last night, where did SF's pass D rank?

Sorry I don't play dumb games like this. It is week 3. They played an injured Cam Newton and Russell Wilson who looks like shell of his Super Bowl self. Also their offense couldn't do crap so their opponents didn't need to pass a lot until last night.

Yes! As soon as he did that he got a concussion! Haha I don't know what else I can say. That is clearly evidence in my favor. If your point is that one game against a crap defense proves he is elite, then what does a concussion after one physical play against a crap defense prove?

5 concussions in last night's game--none from hard hits.

It's called football.

Oh, and stop using the "SF's D sucks" defense; they were pretty solid the first 2 weeks

It's fine if you don't like the player, but you don't have to fabricate things to criticize.

It seems like people think Sammy is the most impactful WR of all time.

Would Sammy have helped? Yes. But with him we were still bottom of the league in passing.

Even his 2nd half of of 2015 when he him and Tyrod connected on a regular basis on the deep ball, we averaged 22.5 ppg which is average.

Last year yes, we were top 10 in scoring and he missed him the majority of the year. Our WR core wasn't good last year either.

So what huge impact does he really have when even without him, we actually scored more?

Hyperbole much? who said he was the most impactful receiver of all time?

I never agree with you but I'm on this train today. He showed his physicality by pushing for the endzone and while doing so he got a concussion!? That's a plus?

No!!! That is further evidence that this guy can't take hits.

Sit tight. Watkins will make a statement about how dangerous this game is shortly.

Folks: stop ignoring reality. Sammy Watkins flashed elite talent last night. He is one of the best young WRs in the league. The Bills could have controlled his rights for at least the next two years and they let him go for a bag of magic beans. And they have no one who can come close to replacing him.

That's it - it's black and white. This is the team we root for. Just accept what has happened.

That is the problem with Watkins... He will flash "Elite Talent" and then get injured again... And the 49er defense is ranked where? Please - lets be real here.... Let the season play out before trying to decide who got the better of the trade...

Sorry I don't play dumb games like this. It is week 3. They played an injured Cam Newton and Russell Wilson who looks like shell of his Super Bowl self. Also their offense couldn't do crap so their opponents didn't need to pass a lot until last night.

I see...

So when Sammy doesn't produce despite getting very few targets with a limited QB playing on a team that throws the ball less than every other team in the NFL, that's his fault because reasons.

However, when he does get targeted and shows how effective he is, it's because the defense sucks.

Got it.

This discussion has turned ridiculous

It's called football.

Oh, and stop using the "SF's D sucks" defense; they were pretty solid the first 2 weeks

It's fine if you don't like the player, but you don't have to fabricate things to criticize.

Do you think SF pass defense is a top 20 unit at the end of the season? I don't. They were missing Reid last night who is arguably their best guy on the back end.

I never agree with you but I'm on this train today. He showed his physicality by pushing for the endzone and while doing so he got a concussion!? That's a plus?

Sit tight. Watkins will make a statement about how dangerous this game is shortly.

Remember when Julian Edelman got a concussion on the game-winning drive in the Super Bowl?

What a pansy.

People are comparing our receivers against the Panthers defense with Sammy's against the 49ers defense. And I am the crazy one!

We needed a grand total of one play against the Panthers to be 2-0 as a team. Sammy made a lot more than one play last night.

I'm sure this week's probable offensive debacle wouldn't have been impacted by Sammy either because it is Denver. Oooooh. Denver. No one can ever beat them.

You're completely wrong about Sammy and your pivot to him being soft because he is in the league mandated concussion protocol is absurd. He had the absolute best mix of youth, talent and salary manageability no our entire roster. McDermott removed the salary manageability, then Beane came in and ditched the most talented BY FAR young player on the roster. And for far less than he would have been able to get with the 5th year locked in. And your answer is...."he's soft". Get over it. The Bills screwed up massively.

I will again say that I like a lot of what the new guys have done. But the Sammy thing was irrational at best.

Do you think SF pass defense is a top 20 unit at the end of the season? I don't. They were missing Reid last night who is arguably their best guy on the back end.

So we're going to base the veracity of that argument on future projections now?

I think I'll back out of this topic for a bit; we're well into loony toons territory (no offense).

Unless boyst comes back and wants to talk about the NOLA bar fight topic...

Do you not think it's easier for Defenses to stop our run game when they don't have to worry about a WR threat beating them deep?

Watkins went on IR after week 2 last year.

The next 8 games, McCoy's rushing yards.

11 (Miami game injured and left the game early. Only 8 carries)

Injured and didn't play against NE

Injured and only had 5 carries against Cincy.

It's called football.

There are a lot of hills to die on. Trying to prove that San Fran's defense doesn't suck is not one of them. How about last year's rankings when they were dead last in opponent points scored per game? Who did they add that they are suddenly just an average defense? They are awful. That isn't up for debate at this point.

Watkins went on IR after week 2 last year.

The next 8 games, McCoy's rushing yards.

11 (Miami game injured and left the game early. Only 8 carries)

Injured and didn't play against NE

Injured and only had 5 carries against Cincy.

I want to be clear about this up front: I do not think Goodwin is a good WR. But teams had to respect the fact that he could blow by their entire D for a TD. And that was on display against the Jets when he roasted Revis. That threat gets defenses to back off a bit from the LOS. We don't have anyone who requires that type of respect on our roster. Maybe Zay can become that, but he'll need to actually burn a D a few times before people recognize and react to it.

Hyperbole much? who said he was the most impactful receiver of all time?

That's the impression they are giving off. Even if Watkins was still here, our offense would still be bad. It would be just a little less bad.

But the way people are talking on here, he is sorely missed. Yes he would have an impact but not enough to make a huge difference.

We have bigger problems that what Sammy can fix.

I'm not saying Sammy isn't a good WR, he is.

Right. And I'll give Sammy credit for the effort on that TD. I can't remember a single time he fought for extra yards when he was here. His elite skills are getting separation and tracking the ball. As soon as he has to take NFL hits he starts to crumble. I stand by my belief that he will not be worth the contract he ends up signing.