Matthews: Blame Tyrod if you must.

JM2009

The Bills are playing Jauron ball because of Tyrod? :lol:

GG you have had a really bad summer posting.........just icy cold takes.........and this one fits right in there.

I agree with Magox on this one. You slam Bills for playing Jauron ball, but then laud Taylor for playing Jauron ball.

Nothing like talking out of both sides of your mouth again.

Now, tell me about those deep patterns that Holmes never runs.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy had 2 catches for 30 yards and has yet to score a TD or even sniff 100 total receiving yards. Just wanted to put that out there. Not a Sammy hater but do you really think it would be much different here? And i dont care about 2015, didnt win games they should have and still missed the playoffs.

I agree with Magox on this one. You slam Bills for playing Jauron ball, but then laud Taylor for playing Jauron ball.

Nothing like talking out of both sides of your mouth again.

Now, tell me about those deep patterns that Holmes never runs.

Where is this lauding of Taylor for playing Jauron ball?

He's doing what is asked of him and not putting the ball in harms way.

Where is this lauding of Taylor for playing Jauron ball?

He's doing what is asked of him and not putting the ball in harms way.

I love spending money and Sunday's to watch my football team not put the ball in harms way.

Scorings for psychos. I just don't want any interceptions.

Edited by likei've

Care to explain this on from Tentative Tyrod. Is this what he is asked to do?

https://twitter.com/yardsperpass/status/909948976253800449

Yeah he should have thrown it.......still probably no first down to be had with those routes though, unfortunately.

And I get that McCoy is in another league as a playmaker than all the guys on this sorry WR corps so you know why he gets him the football........but McCoy looked like an old man yesterday......he had NUTHIN'.

I love spending money and Sunday's to watch my football team not put the ball in harms way.

Scorings for psychos. I just don't want any interceptions.

Tell it to the coach.......I didn't sign up for Jauron 2.0 but it's too late now.

Where were you calling out McDermott in the offseason when he left his offense razor thin wrt playmakers?

Yeah he should have thrown it.......still probably no first down to be had with those routes though, unfortunately.

And I get that McCoy is in another league as a playmaker than all the guys on this sorry WR corps so you know why he gets him the football........but McCoy looked like an old man yesterday......he had NUTHIN'.

Tell it to the coach.......I didn't sign up for Jauron 2.0 but it's too late now.

Where were you calling out McDermott in the offseason when he left his offense razor thin wrt playmakers?

Matthews caught everything thrown to him and was wide open on MANY plays.

Razor thin excuse. Taylor can't see what's happening around him fast enough. He doesn't have it.

You're backing the wrong guy. And before you say it, yes, Peterman gives us a better chance to win.

Edited by likei've

Matthews caught everything thrown to him and was wide open on MANY plays.

Razor thin excuse. Taylor can't see what's happening around him fast enough. He doesn't have it.

You're backing the wrong guy. And before you say it, yes, Peterman gives us a better chance to win.

There is a reason the Eagles replaced Matthews with 2 big play WR's......including one who isn't even very good(Smith).

They dumped Matthews for basically NOTHING........Ronald Darby wasn't bringing a second round pick from ANYONE......Matthews was dumped for the value of a 6th round pick?........because he's not a playmaker.

As for backing the wrong guy.......you are basing that off of seeing Peterman quickly heave the ball out........but you are ignoring the fact that his completion percentage in preseason was horrendous.

Maybe he'll be the guy someday but right now he will just hurt the run game and get the ball punted faster, IMO...........trading Watkins was no favor for him either.

I think he's said numerous times the DESIGN of the offense is conservative. Conservative routes.

I'll never understand the Tyrod bashing. He's got flaws but he's a pretty solid QB. I'd love an upgrade but for a team that put up points the last two seasons, you have to think the scheme, and some personnel changes on offense is and will be the reason for why the offense will struggle this year.

Most is on scheme change. Not sure why they felt the need to fix what wasn't broken. Should've brought back as many offensive coaches and players as possible from Rexs staff. They did the opposite.....

They got trigger happy and blew up a lot of things in unnecessary fashion.

Are you saying this after watching All-22 of both games?

If you did, you'd see a single read college offense. Conservative yes. But not having playmakers to execute the offense is an excuse. There were plays and yards left on the filed by late throws and bad decision making. Bills are playing Jauron ball on offense because they have no choice given their chosen lot at QB.

There is a reason the Eagles replaced Matthews with 2 big play WR's......including one who isn't even very good(Smith).

They dumped Matthews for basically NOTHING........Ronald Darby wasn't bringing a second round pick from ANYONE......Matthews was dumped for the value of a 6th round pick?........because he's not a playmaker.

As for backing the wrong guy.......you are basing that off of seeing Peterman quickly heave the ball out........but you are ignoring the fact that his completion percentage in preseason was horrendous.

Maybe he'll be the guy someday but right now he will just hurt the run game and get the ball punted faster, IMO...........trading Watkins was no favor for him either.

Then tell me why Tyrod prefers a safer throw to an underneath Matthews instead of a TD toss to an open Holmes in the same field of vision?

Are you saying this after watching All-22 of both games?

If you did, you'd see a single read college offense. Conservative yes. But not having playmakers to execute the offense is an excuse. There were plays and yards left on the filed by late throws and bad decision making. Bills are playing Jauron ball on offense because they have no choice given their chosen lot at QB.

Then tell me why Tyrod prefers a safer throw to an underneath Matthews instead of a TD toss to an open Holmes in the same field of vision?

Because Holmes is clearly worse?

Deflecting the topic again?

Aren't you the guy screaming for the Bills to run at least ONE deep pattern?

Well, they did. Several times. In one game.

I don't know that he trusts Holmes on third downs.......Tyrod has his ways.......when guys like Tate and Powell dropped easy passes last year he stopped throwing to them.........and you may forget......Holmes was dropping everything thrown to him in camp.

I don't know that he trusts Holmes on third downs.......Tyrod has his ways.......when guys like Tate and Powell dropped easy passes last year he stopped throwing to them.........and you may forget......Holmes was dropping everything thrown to him in camp.

And has been very solid once real bullets started flying.

Maybe you can explain then why he still throws to Clay, who's put it on the ground at least five times in 2 games.

But that's besides the point. What do you call an offense where there are open deep receivers but the QB doesn't look their way?

And has been very solid once real bullets started flying.

Maybe you can explain then why he still throws to Clay, who's put it on the ground at least five times in 2 games.

But that's besides the point. What do you call an offense where there are open deep receivers but the QB doesn't look their way?

Every offense?

Why don't you do yourself a favor and check the Carolina offense's all-22's. :thumbsup:

I think the fact that some of you don't really follow the rest of the NFL makes for some really poor takes at times.

http://wham1180.iheart.com/featured/bob-matthews-column/content/2017-09-18-matthews-blame-tyrod-if-you-must/

"Taylor is the convenient player to blame. I don’t think that’s fair.

Tyrod isn’t good enough to lift an average team into the playoffs. But I don’t think he is the worst problem the Bills have throwing the football. Buffalo’s current group of five wide receivers – including two who primarily return kicks – is among the worst in the NFL (I’m trying to be kind).

Critics were crying for Taylor to throw deep against Carolina. Throw deep to who? Sammy Watkins, or Robert Woods, or Chris Hogan, or Marquise Goodwin? They’re all gone.

I suppose Taylor is on thin ice now. Everybody loves the backup quarterback.

Maybe rookie Nathan Peterman could save the day. Hit the deep ball. Spread the field. Open up space for McCoy to run.

I doubt it. What do you think? Are you eager to find out?"

I'm not eager to see what I saw Sunday 14 more times.

It's hard to gauge where the WRs rank when you have a QB that doesn't throw to them. Matthews and Clay have been proven to be productive pass catchers, and Shady has got to be one the top 5 pass catching RB's. IMO they are comparable to the Chargers, Ravens, Dolphins, Titans, Jax, Houston, Indy, Carolina, Washington, Philly, Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota, Rams, Seattle, Arizona. There are only a few teams that are far ahead with talent at pass catchers, I feel like. You need a sufficient passer to showcase your talent. Even in limited preseason series, you got to see a small glimpse of what kind of catches Zay could make, with NP giving him a chance to make plays. Your WRs can only be as good as your QB lets them.