Matthews: Blame Tyrod if you must.

JM2009

Are people forgetting our D played lights out and held the Panthers to three field goals?

Is it fair to blame our qb who couldn't get us in position to score more than a field goal?! Yes!!

With the D playing this well who else do you blame?!

It's like I'm living on mars or something!

Whose blaming the defense or saying Tyrod was good?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly what I was talking about, I'm sure the ALL 22 or whatever other analytical metrics wouldn't give a negative mark if anything a positive one for TT for getting some positive yardage on his run.

But, the slot receiver on the bottom was there for an easy slant pass and TT seemed to be looking that direction. The DB's were playing 10 yards off the receivers. TT just doesn't seem to process these things quickly enough. It's frustrating to watch these missed opportunities.

There are a good amount of left wont pull the trigger plays on twitter already Edited by MAJBobby

You throw deep to Zay or Holmes. Similiar speed to Watkins. Watkins is better but not having a deep threat isn't a problem. Its the guy pulling the trigger. He is unable to find throwing lanes and is to quick to run when the pocket starts to collapse.

Being a deep threat is all about speed in shorts with no other factors to be considered in a real game vs coverage? Tyrod hasn't had any problem throwing deep to the likes of Watkins and Goodwin in the past two seasons. Now all of a sudden he won't?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

http://wham1180.iheart.com/featured/bob-matthews-column/content/2017-09-18-matthews-blame-tyrod-if-you-must/

"Taylor is the convenient player to blame. I don’t think that’s fair.

Tyrod isn’t good enough to lift an average team into the playoffs. But I don’t think he is the worst problem the Bills have throwing the football. Buffalo’s current group of five wide receivers – including two who primarily return kicks – is among the worst in the NFL (I’m trying to be kind).

Critics were crying for Taylor to throw deep against Carolina. Throw deep to who? Sammy Watkins, or Robert Woods, or Chris Hogan, or Marquise Goodwin? They’re all gone.

I suppose Taylor is on thin ice now. Everybody loves the backup quarterback.

Maybe rookie Nathan Peterman could save the day. Hit the deep ball. Spread the field. Open up space for McCoy to run.

I doubt it. What do you think? Are you eager to find out?"

Impossible to comment on this without seeing game film from yesterday.

No one watching the game on TV yesterday has any idea if our receivers were open, not open, or if Tyrod had trouble finding them or not...

The way the NFL is televised is atrocious.

The illusive slant pattern. Gets him everytime. I think EJ could hit these every once in a while.

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/909937763365130241

Sigh.

That was third down and none of the routes were going to yield a first with even a perfect throw.

And if the ball is tipped and intercepted........game over.

Not sure people quite understand WHY Taylor is so good at avoiding turnovers.......but this is a prime example of complaining about him not making a throw that nothing better could have come from.

Sigh.

That was third down and none of the routes were going to yield a first with even a perfect throw.

Not sure people quite understand WHY Taylor is so good at avoiding turnovers.......but this is a prime example of complaining about him not making a throw that nothing better could have come from.

Yeah, because we've never seen a WR make a defender miss and get a first down.

Best not give them a chance. Run OOB and punt. Jauron Ball!

Yeah sure. Keep trying. There is a Reason Maclin chose a different team and Boldin retired. That reason is trying to throw the football.

Yeah great. Taylor has 349 yards passing and Flacco has 338 yards passing. Mathews has 91 yards receiving and Maclin has 87. Huge difference.

The 2018 class of UFAs or Draft Picks

Boldin retired after he played a game with TT at QB

You mean the one where he looked like a wounded duck running down the field and didn't even look back for the football?

Sigh.

Same route package earlier in the game and guess what didnt pull the trigger either.

Yeah, because we've never seen a WR make a defender miss and get a first down.

Best not give them a chance. Run OOB and punt. Jauron Ball!

Yeah taylor is so good at avoiding Turnovers because he wont make throws NFL QBs make every week. Nevermind that interceptions are way down league wide anyway.

Ignore that so we can use it to prop up TT ultra conservative play

Edited by MAJBobby

http://wham1180.iheart.com/featured/bob-matthews-column/content/2017-09-18-matthews-blame-tyrod-if-you-must/

"Taylor is the convenient player to blame. I dont think thats fair.

Tyrod isnt good enough to lift an average team into the playoffs. But I dont think he is the worst problem the Bills have throwing the football. Buffalos current group of five wide receivers including two who primarily return kicks is among the worst in the NFL (Im trying to be kind).

Critics were crying for Taylor to throw deep against Carolina. Throw deep to who? Sammy Watkins, or Robert Woods, or Chris Hogan, or Marquise Goodwin? Theyre all gone.

I suppose Taylor is on thin ice now. Everybody loves the backup quarterback.

Maybe rookie Nathan Peterman could save the day. Hit the deep ball. Spread the field. Open up space for McCoy to run.

I doubt it. What do you think? Are you eager to find out?"

Tyrod is not the guy but i dont think peterman is going to be either imo. So no im not eager. Let him play at the end of the season when were out of it

Sigh.

Cause you know Jordan Matthews has never caught a slant instride (i know it is hard for TT to make an instride throw) and turn it upfield for big YAC. Wait yeah he can NVM

This is exactly what I was talking about, I'm sure the ALL 22 or whatever other analytical metrics wouldn't give a negative mark if anything a positive one for TT for getting some positive yardage on his run.

But, the slot receiver on the bottom was there for an easy slant pass and TT seemed to be looking that direction. The DB's were playing 10 yards off the receivers. TT just doesn't seem to process these things quickly enough. It's frustrating to watch these missed opportunities.

Sucks to agree with MAJ, but All-22 isn't pretty for Tyrod. It must drive coaches mad that he hesitates to pull the trigger. On every comeback route, he waits until the WR stops to turn, instead of releasing a split second earlier and trusting the WR to make the break. That split second gives the CB enough recovery time to contest what should be an easy catch.

And please stop with the fallacy that Bills didn't stretch the field or that Holmes can't beat a CB deep. On two plays Holmes had yards of separation behind the CB, and wasn't an option for TT.

Sucks to agree with MAJ, but All-22 isn't pretty for Tyrod. It must drive coaches mad that he hesitates to pull the trigger. On every comeback route, he waits until the WR stops to turn, instead of releasing a split second earlier and trusting the WR to make the break. That split second gives the CB enough recovery time to contest what should be an easy catch.

And please stop with the fallacy that Bills didn't stretch the field or that Holmes can't beat a CB deep. On two plays Holmes had yards of separation behind the CB, and wasn't an option for TT.

There was a Dig that Zay was College wide open but TT got his happy feet and left the pocket for zero reason. I mean way wide open. Let me find it here it is.

https://twitter.com/cover_1_/status/909918697401221121

Edited by MAJBobby

Sigh.

You're right, QB's shouldn't even try to pick up first downs on situations like that, because you know, they have to play risk averse football and not throw passes to open receivers because it's possible that passes could be tipped at the LOS which could create turnovers.

Ridiculous

The slant to the slot receiver was there and yes it is likely that the LB would have made the stop before the sticks, but it's also possible with a well thrown ball that he could have broken a tackle and gotten the first down.

This opinion of yours is the epitome of what "Jauron Ball" would look like. No risks, no glory

Cause you know Jordan Matthews has never caught a slant instride (i know it is hard for TT to make an instride throw) and turn it upfield for big YAC. Wait yeah he can NVM

Perhaps, if every receiver and defender didn't end up in the same exact spot on the field. :doh:

Somebody ran a wrong route there or something......you don't run everyone into the same spot.

But I know it's pretty routine for most QB's to convert long third downs from the shadow of their own goal post though......hot takes from you here......HOT. :thumbsup:

It must drive coaches mad that he hesitates to pull the trigger. On every comeback route, he waits until the WR stops to turn, instead of releasing a split second earlier and trusting the WR to make the break. That split second gives the CB enough recovery time to contest what should be an easy catch.

That's his biggest problem, along with his pre snap reads.

Perhaps, if every receiver and defender didn't end up in the same exact spot on the field. :doh:

Somebody ran a wrong route there or something......you don't run everyone into the same spot.

But I know it's pretty routine for most QB's to convert long third downs from the shadow of their own goal post though......hot takes from you here......HOT. :thumbsup:

You are arguing for Jauron ball here BADOL. Don't take a chance. Punt. Keep it close.

Yes teams never run four slants. If the QB gets the ball lit on time guess what not all for end up in the middle of the field. But hey lets hear your defense on the college wide open Zay dig

Tyrod sucks plain and simple. He plays not to lose and not to make a mistake. He's years in the league and still playing Bemaer Ball. He sucks. He's afraid. He manages the passing game he does not lead the passing attack. Get rid of him.

You're right, QB's shouldn't even try to pick up first downs on situations like that, because you know, they have to play risk averse football and not throw passes to open receivers because it's possible that passes could be tipped at the LOS which could create turnovers.

Ridiculous

The slant to the slot receiver was there and yes it is likely that the LB would have made the stop before the sticks, but it's also possible with a well thrown ball that he could have broken a tackle and gotten the first down.

This opinion of yours is the epitome of what "Jauron Ball" would look like. No risks, no glory

Tom Brady makes that throw because otherwise they are punting from their own end zone.

Tyrod Taylor? He runs the ball for more yardage than he could have gotten throwing it and protects the football.

This isn't very complicated.

Tyrod has his flaws but this is a helluva dumb battle for his detractors to choose.

That drive was killed by a penalty, plain and simple.