Matthews: Blame Tyrod if you must.

JM2009

TT had better stats than Flacco the last two seasons.In fact, the teams record were about the same.

Stats here we go with stats. A WR is going to come in and if on a 1 year deal decide where he is going to perform the best.

Maclin saw TT (and some other things) said dueces.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TT is a one read QB, and if that read isn't wide open, he's looking to run, that's what I've been seeing since he got to Buffalo

Don't understand why everybody can't see this. Some just go on finding every possible excuse to deflect the responsibility elsewhere, with the excuse du jour being some Machiavellian plot to set him up to fail. Or the lunatic fringe notion that benching taylor will result in a locker room revolt. The real revolt comes when the defense stops doing the heavy lifting because the offense can't score points.

Yeah sure. Keep trying. There is a Reason Maclin chose a different team and Boldin retired. That reason is trying to throw the football.

Of course you'd think that crusading one. Maclin wanted more than the Bills offered and Boldin knew the team wasn't all in like they told him while he was being recruited.

Simple truth the coach and GM don't have the guts to admit, the built this team to fail massively on offense. I don't understand why Taylor was brought back only to have all weapons completely nuetered.

Yes Taylor is who we thought he is. Very limited, inaccurate, misses what appears to be open players but is he even allowed to do thing? Seems not. The guys weapons are awful and the game plan isn't built to his strengths so one can conclude they don't care if they lose because it's all about next year and all those draft picks.

Hope they know what they are doing because without big arm, accurate QB, they are going no where, as always!

Don't understand why everybody can't see this. Some just go on finding every possible excuse to deflect the responsibility elsewhere, with the excuse du jour being some Machiavellian plot to set him up to fail. Or the lunatic fringe notion that benching taylor will result in a locker room revolt. The real revolt comes when the defense stops doing the heavy lifting because the offense can't score points.

The defense owes the offense a bit from the last two seasons. offense scored a lot of points the last two seasons.

Of course you'd think that crusading one. Maclin wanted more than the Bills offered and Boldin knew the team wasn't all in like they told him while he was being recruited.

Your proof twitter king. Sure you have some tweet to back that up right

The defense owes the offense a bit from the last two seasons. offense scored a lot of points the last two seasons.

Yes rhey did get fat on some bad teams at home

Your proof twitter king. Sure you have some tweet to back that up right

Yes rhey did get fat on some bad teams at home

They averaged 25 points against playoff teams. the defense gave up an average of 33 points to playoff teams.

Ok that was fun to get all the apologist panties in a bunch. I got better things to do than read anymore excuses for blah QB play.

Go Bills

You have been proven wrong, yet again. When you try to make Holmes out as a good WR to back your agenda, you fail and look foolish.

Edited by JM2009

How do yoh know if he is a threat to catch em if the QB wont throw them because he is not college open.

And yes i can go through this entire thread and pull quote after quote of no deep threat.

Newsflash you dont need 4.3 speed to get deep

I will wait for the all22 this week, but I don't think this team does have a deep threat. That is not in defense of Taylor at all. Let me make it clear that I thought TT sucked yesterday. I just don't think the cast around him is any good either. They aren't terrible but they do lack that #1 receiver that would make a difference for a QB that can utilize him.

Edited by Scott7975

He wont make the throw if the WR is not college open. So yes he will take the conservative play. And then the conservative coaching staff will talk about we left plays on the field. Need to get to tape and work to correct and TT kept us in the game.

At least i got off the fallacy of no deep threat

That's just not true. He threw a lot to Watkins when he wasn't college open during that 9 game stretch in 2015. Including the game against KC in the first half.

Stick to your twitter posts. They are at least informative.

Yeah sorry facts about the route tree of a certain WR offende some that love making excuses for poor play of some

If he was such a deep threat then why did he only, in 16 games last season and the year before, catch 14 passes with Carr at QB(minus his injured games.) I know Raiders fans and they were glad to be rid of him. The guy averaged 10.25 yards per game over the last two years. That was with a bonafied franchise QB. That is no deep threat. Don't care what your route tree says. If he was a deep threat then Carr would have gotten him the ball.

You throw deep to Zay or Holmes. Similiar speed to Watkins. Watkins is better but not having a deep threat isn't a problem. Its the guy pulling the trigger. He is unable to find throwing lanes and is to quick to run when the pocket starts to collapse.

Target and Route Breakdown

I charted Holmes with 53 targets (including penalties). 20 came on first down, 13 on second down, 19 on third, and one on fourth. Holmes hauled in 25 passes -- 20 moved the chains -- for 431 yards and his first career touchdown. Of his 28 targets that weren't hauled in, I credited Holmes with three drops. Seven of Holmes' targets came in the red zone, and he was stopped at the one-yard line twice. He could have easily scored four-to-five more touchdowns.

On Holmes' 53 targets, I jotted down what kind of route he ran. He ran 11 "go" routes, seven "in" routes, six double-moves, five comebacks, four crossing routes, four hitches, three slants, three outs, three drags, two posts, two corner routes, two back-shoulder fades, and one sit-down route.

Holmes was asked to run a lot of routes of the intermediate-to-deep variety, which is obviously part of the reason he caught fewer than 50 percent of the passes that came his direction. Also working against Holmes was Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin's inability to get the ball to him in stride or at chest level. On one instance, Pryor overthrew Holmes on a deep ball when had a step or two on Ike Taylor that may have gone for a long touchdown. Pryor was 4-for-15 throwing to Holmes, while McGloin was 21-for-38. I noticed that Holmes was often McGloin's first read. He knew all he had to do was throw it up to the high-flying Holmes to have a chance at a big play.

There is is again. Just in case you want to see he does run deep routes and has been effective at them

Yeah great. An article from his 2014 season about his whole 693 yards when they had no one else to throw to. How did he do with Carr as QB more recently the last two seasons? That's right. Not even 11 yards per game.

The illusive slant pattern. Gets him everytime. I think EJ could hit these every once in a while.

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/909937763365130241

This is exactly what I was talking about, I'm sure the ALL 22 or whatever other analytical metrics wouldn't give a negative mark if anything a positive one for TT for getting some positive yardage on his run.

But, the slot receiver on the bottom was there for an easy slant pass and TT seemed to be looking that direction. The DB's were playing 10 yards off the receivers. TT just doesn't seem to process these things quickly enough. It's frustrating to watch these missed opportunities.