Teams know Tyrod can't throw, look for more of yesterday.

KellyToughII

Carolina loaded up the box and came after TT, this will be the theme all year. 7th year in the NFL and folks can't stop polishing that turd. And I dont give a rats ass if this post pisses off the TT cult, pound sand for all I care! I am a BILLS FAN and for 21 years I have watched the same crap.

This guy sucks and isnt' the answer, he isn't going to "develop" anymore as a passer for God's sake. Look we are rebuilding or as I call it "re-Tooling" for the future. I don't give a damn what McBeane is telling fans to keep them in the seats, it is what it is.

Start Peterman. Let the kid try to develop, you know because rookies still can.

And get off Zay Jones. Jesus it was a pure crap throw and if anyone besides TT made that same throw, on any other team 100% of you would call it what it is.

Enough of the Bull **** already, start Peterman and put TT on the damn bench where he belongs.

Edited by KellyToughII

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll get your wish at some point this season. We will see Peterman, probably after the bye.

It is silly to wait that long into the season to start Peterman. He should have played the second half yesterday except it might have pissed off the Taylor loyalists. Football/sports is part of the entertainment industry, and three and outs are not entertaining. When Bledsoe was injured, BB put in Brady and never looked back. Dak Prescott is another example of a rookie that worked out famously. We all feel sorry for TT, but the Bills are too painful to watch. It is all about money, and if Brady lost it, BB would sit him, no question about it.

i said it after the Jets win, he only threw to TE's and RB's. it was pretty obvious that he still couldn't connect on throws to WR's down the field and the Panthers saw that. they stacked the line of scrimmage and took away the run and the short routes and Tyrod can't throw normal routes down field and we don't have any deep threats so it was pretty easy to take away our offense

Tyrod just doesn't scan and process the field fast enough.

I'm convinced he can only go through 1-2 progressions before he is sacked or looks to run.

For the last 2 seasons, we saw Greg Roman/Anthony Lynn put Tyrod in mostly shotgun with lots of designed roll-outs, where he was only asked to read half of the field. As a result, we got lots of quick sideline passes, dump-offs to the running back and sideline deep shots. He very rarely used the middle of the field, to the point Charles Clay seemed non-existent. Many Bills fans assumed this was due to Tyrod's height or inability to see over the line. I'm starting to think this was wrong.

This year, Rick Dennison has Tyrod under center. His immediate field of vision is now the middle of the field. His first reads are going to be the tight end and dump offs to the running back. Suddenly, the outside receivers aren't being thrown to. There are no more sideline passes. There are no more deep shots on the outside. Suddenly, everything is over the middle and our receivers are the ones being ignored.

Don't be surprised if Tyrod isn't our starter after the bye week. The guy has lots of positive qualities as a starting QB, but it's becoming apparent that he's reached his ceiling. Games like yesterday at Carolina happen way too often with him. If teams are successful in bottling up our running game, the offense is totally incapable of moving the ball. I'm not optimistic that Peterman will actually do anything for us, but it may be time to start getting our offensive players used to a traditional pocket passer, to make for a smoother transition with a rookie next year.

Edited by mjt328

Its one game.

I'm sure if Tyrod continued playing like that, then Peterman would be in sooner then later.

But Tyrod's success relies heavily on the run game. If Shady's having a good day, expect to see Tyrod make big plays and not lose the game.

Considering that, the coaching staff is more likely to keep Tyrod in and put the onus on themselves to make up for his deficiencies, rather than throw the rookie into the fire.

i said it after the Jets win, he only threw to TE's and RB's. it was pretty obvious that he still couldn't connect on throws to WR's down the field and the Panthers saw that. they stacked the line of scrimmage and took away the run and the short routes and Tyrod can't throw normal routes down field and we don't have any deep threats so it was pretty easy to take away our offense

The Bills have a bottom five WR group. No deep threat. They took away what he does best-deep throws to Watkins.

Our receivers are a bunch of possession guys who can't stretch the field.

We're going to constantly face 8 and 9 men in the box because we don't have a single pass catcher who defenses need to worry about getting behind the coverage.

Our passing game is awful because every aspect of it is awful. We're limited at QB, have suspect pass protection and nothing at WR.

Edited by jrober38

And I dont give a rats ass if this post pisses off the TT cult, pound sand for all I care! I am a BILLS FAN and for 21 years I have watched the same crap.

I'm a bills fan, 45+ years. does that give me the right to call out folks, you know, bills fans as a cult?

also, your sucks, sucks, sucks mentality is beyond old around here. you whine too much kid and it doesn't change a thing.

boo !@#$ing hoo

I may not of liked the offense this week, may have already knew they didn't/don't have the answer at QB but am I going to cry like a little boy about it, no.

I'll leave that up to the OP since he/she has been doing a good job at it.

fresh take!

I'm a bills fan, 45+ years. does that give me the right to call out folks, you know, bills fans as a cult?

also, your sucks, sucks, sucks mentality is beyond old around here. you whine too much kid and it doesn't change a thing.

boo !@#$ing hoo

I may not of liked the offense this week, may have already knew they didn't/don't have the answer at QB but am I going to cry like a little boy about it, no.

ouch :thumbsup:

When the Bills can't run Tyrod is the worst QB in the NFL...it's downright embarrassing the number of 3 and outs and sub 100 yard halves he has put up in these situations.

When they can run or at least have the threat of the run Tyrod is pretty good...

Probably the biggest disparity between these two conditions that exist for an NFL QB...

boo !@#$ing hoo

Mike drop.

So glad I didn't have to work today. There should be some gems.

This is such a great post and can be said for both sides of the fence today.

Love Matter's take as well. 👍

Edited by r00tabaga

You would think that NFL coaches know what they are doing. So starting and playing TT the whole game yesterday was because they "really felt" like he was their best option to win. However after seeing years of boneheaded in game decisions by NFL coaches, here and around the league, I can honestly say that I think many coaches are just too dumb, stubborn or scared to make a change at QB until it is much too late. I think if McDermott puts in Peterman even for a series yesterday in the 2nd half it changes the whole game plan for Carolina. It throws them off balance and it potentially gives the Bills a chance to break out of the offensive "straightjacket" they were in. Of course he didn't and Dennison and TT combine for one of most boring vanilla Offensive performances I have ever seen from the Bills.