Rick Dennison

bobobonators

If Zay ran the wrong route and was supposed to look in and not out then Taylor did not overthrow it. That is what a lot of people think. Just as many think otherwise. We may never know. But I think it will come out he was expected to just run a post and not out. He's a rookie. I'm not saying he blew the game. But it could easily have been a perfect pass. I don't know either way right now and I don't think anyone here does.

zay was not ready. taylor had his eyes in another direction and threw quick to jones. i think that play was designed to only go to jones as a quick read - its just jones didn't understand the play. because as soon as he really looked he slowed down to see the ball in the air it was too late

he had pulled up. he was definitely a rookie

check your pms

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if thats the way you feel you must blame jones because it hit his hands. bottom line.

Excellent response. Thanks for generalizing my comments to make your point.

zay was not ready. taylor had his eyes in another direction and threw quick to jones. i think that play was designed to only go to jones as a quick read - its just jones didn't understand the play. because as soon as he really looked he slowed down to see the ball in the air it was too late

he had pulled up. he was definitely a rookie

check your pms

Did you see this game live? I can't see how this interpretation works. I will gladly eat crow it wrong but his break toward the sideline was intentional. What was your supposed quick read on 4th and long? You're stretching. It was a clear corner route and it didn't connect. IMO because of the execution of the route. But you won't acknowledge that comment. So please explain, what was the intended connection?

I don't like what I've seen from Dennison's offense so far. But I will reserve full judgement on it until I see Peterman in there running it too. Maybe there are some nuances that TT is missing on. We'll see. Either by injury or poor play by the offense, I think we will see Peterman get a couple starts this season.

How many times was the running game shut down?

And then ask...why is that?

Hint: play calling.

The running game is shut down from guys getting whipped in the trenches. Not " play calling". The wimpy passing attack doesn't help matters. You don't get to play the Jets every week.

Excellent response. Thanks for generalizing my comments to make your point.

Did you see this game live? I can't see how this interpretation works. I will gladly eat crow it wrong but his break toward the sideline was intentional. What was your supposed quick read on 4th and long? You're stretching. It was a clear corner route and it didn't connect. IMO because of the execution of the route. But you won't acknowledge that comment. So please explain, what was the intended connection?

yes, i saw the game live.

at the stadium

on the Bills side

on the 8ish yard line

in the 9th row

with the play 30' in front of me

yes. i saw the play. maybe i saw something you didn't.

mccoy was wide open. taylor only looked mid field at no one, selling the play, looked left, looked right to jones for his first actual read. mccoy out of his site line was right at the 1st down marker.

Sooooo.... Jauron ball?

Coaches think different than fans. Coaches don't give a crap about stats. McD played a very conservative game against a team he knew, on the road, in his second game ever, and if either Zay runs the right route or Tyrod makes a better pass (whichever was the culprit) we steal a game we weren't doing much in. I can't blame him for that.

To me, the last throw was like the Scott Norwood kick. We lost the game because we missed it. But it you run that exact same play ten times, Norwood makes the kick 7-8 out of 10 times, and we score and win this game 7-8 out of 10. It was a wide open play.

Coaches think different than fans. Coaches don't give a crap about stats. McD played a very conservative game against a team he knew, on the road, in his second game ever, and if either Zay runs the right route or Tyrod makes a better pass (whichever was the culprit) we steal a game we weren't doing much in. I can't blame him for that.

To me, the last throw was like the Scott Norwood kick. We lost the game because we missed it. But it you run that exact same play ten times, Norwood makes the kick 7-8 out of 10 times, and we score and win this game 7-8 out of 10. It was a wide open play.

This post is very much based in hindsight. Carolina should have scored more. Cam missed a few wide open passes including one that would have put the game out of range before we ever had a chance for that last play. I don't want the game to come down to one low-percentage play, I want us to be comfortably in control the whole time. We need more play actions, bootlegs, and throws down field. Like you said we had Zay Jones open for a play we probably make more often than not if played out X number of times... so why are we not running that play earlier? Panthers knew where the ball was getting thrown. I imagine the play could be even more successful on 1st down in the 2nd quarter for example...

yes, i saw the game live.

at the stadium

on the Bills side

on the 8ish yard line

in the 9th row

with the play 30' in front of me

yes. i saw the play. maybe i saw something you didn't.

mccoy was wide open. taylor only looked mid field at no one, selling the play, looked left, looked right to jones for his first actual read. mccoy out of his site line was right at the 1st down marker.

Fair enough. Or maybe I saw something you didn't? Time will tell. The all-22

Awaits

I'm a little concerned that after 2 games the Offense is so boring, vanilla and sputtering!! I sometimes watch youtube highlights of the Kelly teams of the 90s and have a pleasant nostalgia trip. Great playcalling and great execution but also so inventive and entertaining. Why are all those great plays from that era like reverses, options , flea flickers, long bombs etc been relegated to the gadget plays bin? Do we not have the talent and personnel to actually pull them off? The current check down , dink and dunk is just awful to watch. Dennison seems to be yet another Bills Offensive coordinator that is afraid to challenge his QB with complicated plays.

I feel like this was the kind of game where the passing game had to set up the running game. And, we know what happened - I'm not a Tyrod fan and have said as much often enough, but this was a tough Defense. Honestly, they need a big pass play early to get the D to relax off the line a bit and then use Shady in slot and Tolbert in backfield.

This post is very much based in hindsight. Carolina should have scored more. Cam missed a few wide open passes including one that would have put the game out of range before we ever had a chance for that last play. I don't want the game to come down to one low-percentage play, I want us to be comfortably in control the whole time. We need more play actions, bootlegs, and throws down field. Like you said we had Zay Jones open for a play we probably make more often than not if played out X number of times... so why are we not running that play earlier? Panthers knew where the ball was getting thrown. I imagine the play could be even more successful on 1st down in the 2nd quarter for example...

Of course, but you can only play the hand you are dealt. He was playing a one score game the whole game. That influences decisions a great deal. He should have more confidence in his defense than his offense. The second half was not much different than the first. We gave up yards but not points. They couldn't run. He knew one big play could steal the game. As soon as it gets more than one score that thought goes away.

To who?

Andre Holmes? No deep threat on the team. Tyrod excels at the deep ball, Beane/McDermott thought it was best to trade that.

There are good and fast WRs on this team, you don't need elite speed to have a deep pass. All across the NFL you'll watch highlights of deep passes on fast but not elite fast type WRs who make these types of catches. It's not about fast per se, it's about scheme and design.