Positive stuff- that DEFENSE

Roundybout

This defense is loaded with talent. Whaley did a great job building a roster and Rex destroyed it.

But great game for the D. They let us hang in a game we had no business being in. That said, Cam missed some throws because he was rusty. But still, a much improved defense. Rex sucked so bad.

This defense is loaded with talent. Whaley did a great job building a roster and Rex destroyed it.

But great game for the D. They let us hang in a game we had no business being in. That said, Cam missed some throws because he was rusty. But still, a much improved defense. Rex sucked so bad.

Stupid Rex would have been in the playoffs had he not fired Schwartz. What a dumb !@#$.

Rex destroyed a decent team that Whaley built. We were a QB away from a contender minus Rex Ryan.

Carolina looked crazy good on D. Their front 7 is ridiculous. I don't think our offense is good by any means but they won't face many fronts like that.

It's tough to compare Carolina D to Bills D because Carolina was playing a pretty weak Bills O and we had to play Cam who is always a tough matchup. Total Speculation, but I think our D playing our O today would have been even scarier.

Yup. I know it's not popular but I think Rex was a huge issue while Doug struggled to find a qb (like pretty much any other gm)

Did he? Seems to me that with the exception of Jerry Hughes and Alexander (maybe Shaq Lawson?), the key defensive players either pre-dated or post-dated Whaley. And no, I'm not giving Whaley credit for Poyer/Hyde/Humber since those were pretty obviously McD guys in Whaley's lame duck period.