I'm done with Tyrod Taylor

McBean

8 second mark? That's a lifetime!

What the hell is he doing for so long besides ad libing?

Difficulty ........... what difficulty and why?

Significantly higher ......... chance he can't deliver the ball or won't?

He was running ....... scrambling for 8 seconds???

These were words you used to explain one play.

I'm betting there were plenty more like that left on the field.

So.

How did the TEAMs 3rd down conversion rate compare to week 1?

QBR?

I think you misunderstand they are referring to as the 8 second mark. Its not how long he had the ball. Its when the ball was snapped. Grab a coffee =)

Edited by Scott7975

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your insite. Now i will ask you what i ask other Fans when they tell me that the Bills have a good QB.

Would you take Tyrod Taylor starting for your team?

You are our relentless. Did Tyrod not sign you a ball at training camp? Something more is going on here.

Panthers fan here. The hate for Tyrod is surprising. If you ask Panther fans, we all think he played great and did what he could.

The Panthers defense already set historic records so far, and we've been high on it all off-season. We even expect it to be one of our best ever (and considering our 2003, 2013, 2015 defenses, that's saying a lot.)

Tyrod did what he could. Panthers cornerbacks showed what we expected them to show: shutting down receivers. Playing off nickel packages with Munnerlyn and Wilks aggressive man-cov playcalling made it rough.

So, he ran when he could because that was the only play available. The Panthers run defense has been in the top 10 nearly every year for a while, so expecting LeSean McCoy to do much is asking for too much. Denver's an easier matchup in that department. Dallas playcalling was really bad, not giving Zeke many chances. I don't expect McCoy to have that problem.

Anyways, TT still led a drive that almost ended the game for us. He looked sharp and good against arguably the best defense in the NFL right now (#1 against yards and touchdowns so far). Getting rid of him will be a mistake.

great wins the game by two scores, good would have won the game in the last play, bad is what Tyrod was on Sunday. This is a passing league and no matter how good a defense is there are always yards and points to be had.

I don't get the hate for TT either. This is a run-first team that has led the league in rushing and yet couldn't run the ball at all against Carolina.

C'mon now, 12 rushing attempts for 9 yards for Shady---3 rushes for 5 yards for Tolbert. Tyrod under constant pressure with each dropback. O line not getting any push.

The Panthers just showed the NFL world how to shut down the Bills offense and if the new OC can't figure out a way to move the ball on the ground it will be a long year. The Bills MUST find a way to make the run game work and if I'm to assign blame it goes on the new OC.

And yet if Zay Jones make that catch....

JMO

This is a bottom five WR corp. No deep threat.

its not as bad as tyrod is making them look. in fairness to him its not a good group for his skill sets. he throws a nice deep ball, not so good on timing routes and quick reads. tyrod isn't an awful qb he just isn't the right qb for the design of this offense.

Because i asked an opposing fans who talks highly of TT if he would take him as their Starter? Wow ok keep stalking

The poster is right-more going on here with your little group. Something not right.I don't care who starts at QB-I want him to do well and win. Your little group does not do that. Gleeful after losses when TT starts. Rabid rhinos on here with some kind of weird agenda against one person. TT is not the long term answer, but his body of work-the Bills are 16-15 when he plays-is far from terrible. Reasonable Bills fans see this-fans from other teams see this...This is an example from your group-"The offense put up a lot of points the last two seasons" Your groups continued response "TT had nothing to do with it". It's ignorant, dishonest posting that reeks of an agenda. That is all.

The poster is right-more going on here with your little group. Something not right.I don't care who starts at QB-I want him to do well and win. Your little group does not do that. Gleeful after losses when TT starts. Rabid rhinos on here with some kind of weird agenda against one person. TT is not the long term answer, but his body of work-the Bills are 16-15 when he plays-is far from terrible. Reasonable Bills fans see this-fans from other teams see this...This is an example from your group-"The offense put up a lot of points the last two seasons" Your groups continued response "TT had nothing to do with it". It's ignorant, dishonest posting that reeks of an agenda. That is all.

Another cry fest because i asked and opposing fan that likely watched TT play one time if he would take TT as the Starter for his team.

And if the TT run threat helped shady so much the last two years why didnt it Sunday? Asking for a friend is all

If you dont want to read the critical thoughts on TT c your way out of the I am done with TT thread.

Edited by MAJBobby

16-15 IS terrible when you haven't made the post season in nearly TWO decades.

@PFWeekly

In Buffalo, starter Tyrod Taylor has also struggled and that has not only hurt the pass game but the run game as well. Opponents know that all they have to do is stop the run and keep Taylor in the pocket in order to beat the Bills. Rookie Nate Peterman from Pitt showed talent and unusual poise for such a young player during the preseason. He clearly sees the field better and is a good decision maker, yet the Bills want to keep him on the bench right now.

Some one PIN this response!

This is the whole issue around here. Many of the anti guys are NOT cheering for TT when we are winning or things are going well, in fact they don't say a word. The second a ball falls incomplete they wont shut up. They literally care more about TT failing than the Bills winning, and its 100% undeniable. And if they want to say thats not true, then they are delusional.

For example, a certain poster was in the shout box on the final drive at a point when TT was 5-5 and leading a potential game winning drive. He wasn't cheering for the comeback win, he still was in the shoutbox rooting for his demise and slamming him. I actually told him to STFU and let us root for a win.

its appalling the lengths people go to put him down. Best part...nobody f-ing cares that any of these people hate him. Shutup already, we get it...go the F away until another QB comes in and starts, we don't need to hear everyones rants every damn day of the season and completely illogical and false logic to prove everything his TTs fault including ISIS, North Korea, and the Presidential Election.

This is the whole issue around here. Many of the anti guys are NOT cheering for TT when we are winning or things are going well, in fact they don't say a word. The second a ball falls incomplete they wont shut up. They literally care more about TT failing than the Bills winning, and its 100% undeniable. And if they want to say thats not true, then they are delusional.

For example, a certain poster was in the shout box on the final drive at a point when TT was 5-5 and leading a potential game winning drive. He wasn't cheering for the comeback win, he still was in the shoutbox rooting for his demise and slamming him. I actually told him to STFU and let us root for a win.

its appalling the lengths people go to put him down. Best part...nobody f-ing cares that any of these people hate him. Shutup already, we get it...go the F away until another QB comes in and starts, we don't need to hear everyones rants every damn day of the season and completely illogical and false logic to prove everything his TTs fault including ISIS, North Korea, and the Presidential Election.

First off...I must question anyone's sanity if they want to pin anything from JM2009. I think that statement speaks for itself.

Secondly, you must stop and realize where others are coming from. They have come to believe that TT is without the shadow of a doubt NOT the answer for this team, so of course they want to move on. They want the experiment to end, and they want to turn the page so we can truly have a shot by drafting and playing the next guy who has promise and potential. TT to many has no more promise or potential. He's reached his ceiling, and expecting significant improvement or development at this stage seems highly unlikely.

Does this cause them to appear to root against him? I'm sure it can appear that way. Me personally...I think TT is a good guy and has a lot of heart and toughness. I appreciate that and respect it. At the same time, I want his time as our QB to be over sooner rather than later because he does this team no good for it's future...this season is a throw away.

I stand by my statements and don't believe anyone hates TT...that's just stupid. I think you and others are too emotional over this subject and can't separate criticism and wanting to move on from a player and hating or rooting against him and the team. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

What is really disgusting and not against TT but how does a guy with 6600 yards passing move to 7th as Bills all tikr passing leader.

Just disgusting about the quality of former QBs for the Bills

Agreed...what a joke our QB history is. Its near bottom of the league I am guessing.

Are you absolutely positive this was all about people hating taylor and wishing him ill or just the same old tank the season guys who feel the most likely route to a high draft pick is for taylor to fail. I don't think anyone here wants taylor, the person, to flame out. He's doing the best he can it's just not good enough.