Zay Jones drops huge catch. <radio edit>

r00tabaga

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up, Heitz?

Just exploring the effect of Martinis on tough losses. So far, they seem to be working!

Not sure if this was posted here already, but here's what the Bills players had to say from the locker room about this play.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/What-theyre-saying-Bills-react-to-a-close-loss-in-Carolina/0010bf2c-d25d-4fb6-b2fc-a1e1d16bbbac

they all seem to think it was a mistake Zay made.

What the hell do they know!? Are ANY of them even registered members of TBD?

Tough loss today, no matter how ugly it would have been...

It's getting to the point where anyone who still thinks it was a bad throw is clueless. This is why I don't necessarily trust people who say they saw receivers running wide open downfield. 90% of posters who commented thought Tyrod made a bad throw, or that Zay had to make a "circus catch". But the talk from Bills players and coaches makes it clear Zay is to blame. Guarantee you won't see any of those posters in this thread again now that it's out there.

Real time it looked like a bad throw. At this point, trying to figure out exactly who to put the blame on is a useless exercise. Let's say both Zay and TT are equally to blame. Or we can say sometimes things happen and leave it at that. At the end of the day, it was still a dog crap performance by the offense today.

Edited by Bangarang

Rookie who finished his route poorly.

Nerves.

Taylor released that ball before Jones made his fateful and ill-conceived turn to the sidelines.

Jones caught that pass regularly in college and at Senior Bowl........he had the yips on front of the home folks today.

He will catch them in the future..........but Jauron Ball leaves you no room for error and it shouldn't surprise anyone that a rookie had a couple uncharacteristic errors in a game like this..........that's why the roster is so old..........can't afford youthful yips/mistakes in Jauron Ball.

Yea he does stumble and lose his stride,that split second probably wins us an ugly game.

Overall I was just disappointed in the O , questionable play calling mainly.

I trust Taylor,Shady and Dennison bounce back versus a tough defense. Learn from this poor performance. This is similar to last year where we had a terrible week 2 and beat up on Arizona in week 3 at home

Yea he does stumble and lose his stride,that split second probably wins us an ugly game.

Overall I was just disappointed in the O , questionable play calling mainly.

I trust Taylor,Shady and Dennison bounce back versus a tough defense. Learn from this poor performance. This is similar to last year where we had a terrible week 2 and beat up on Arizona in week 3 at home

Yes, but did you see what Denver did to Dallas today? The bounce back might have to wait a week or so.

I can't believe everyone missed out on one fact while watching that video. If Jones made the diving catch, he might have been down at the one yard line. A defender was quickly approaching while Jones was going to fall to the ground short of the goal line.

Bills had a time out left.

He had to lay out for it. Wasn't a good throw at all. It was overthrown, and to his left.

Except you miss the part where he had to lay out for it because he made a sloppy cut on his route (while ball was in the air) and didn't even track the pass until too late forcing him to make a late diving attempt to save the play. TT put the ball to where ZJ would have and should have been had he ran a crisp route and not got himself sloppy and off balance on the cut. And he wasn't touched, self inflicted stumble.

Except you miss the part where he had to lay out for it because he made a sloppy cut on his route (while ball was in the air) and didn't even track the pass until too late forcing him to make a late diving attempt to save the play. TT put the ball to where ZJ would have and should have been had he ran a crisp route and not got himself sloppy and off balance on the cut. And he wasn't touched, self inflicted stumble.

How do people not see the unforced error of the stumble? He hasn't even looked for the ball at that point. He doesn't even know it's in the air.

How do people not see the unforced error of the stumble? He hasn't even looked for the ball at that point. He doesn't even know it's in the air.

If Peterman is in, there's no way Zay stumbles on his route. It's crisply run and he makes the TD catch for the win. The magical backup QB always wins.

This post and link needs to be pinned. Everyone talks about Zay and consolingly him. Several different guys in several different ways. There is no way imo you can read that link and think TT made a bad pass. It's impossible.

100%. It was a bad route, to include stumbling a bit, and likely looking for the ball over the wrong shoulder. The young man gave a ton of effort though and thats one thing that he should hold his head up high.

I am not pro-TT, but that's the receiver's fault. Yeah, Zay made a decent correction to at least be able to possibly haul it it in. That bodes well in my book for better things in Zay's future.

TT was clealy throwing to a spot. The ball was in the air before Zay broke. I am gonna give the benny of doubt that the spot TT was throwing to was correct. It's a timing play.

Why are people bellyaching? So what. We took it to one of the better teams in the league and kept them out of endzone.

Not sure if this was posted here already, but here's what the Bills players had to say from the locker room about this play.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/What-theyre-saying-Bills-react-to-a-close-loss-in-Carolina/0010bf2c-d25d-4fb6-b2fc-a1e1d16bbbac

they all seem to think it was a mistake Zay made.

It surely does.

Many times games do come down to that. Someone needs to step up and make a play. No one did.

This is so true. It had been the Hallmark of the drought. Losing close winnable games because non one steps up. SJ vs Pitt. 10 men on the field when we need a stop. Missed FGs. Tuel Time vs Cheaps. On and on and on.

I was hoping this culture and process thing might fix it. So far, looks like more of the same.

Somebody needs to step up in games like this, but no one did.

This is so true. It had been the Hallmark of the drought. Losing close winnable games because non one steps up. SJ vs Pitt. 10 men on the field when we need a stop. Missed FGs. Tuel Time vs Cheaps. On and on and on.

I was hoping this culture and process thing might fix it. So far, looks like more of the same.

Somebody needs to step up in games like this, but no one did.

It's a young team and there's going to be some growing pains.

Patience, my friend.