Grading the Pegulas

Pegula grades  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How do you grade the Pegulas as owners of the Buffalo Bills?

2. 2. How do you grade the Pegulas as owners of the Buffalo Sabres?

The correct term is "fewer" wins. If you're going to be negative, be correct.

I couldn't give fewer !@#$s.

And this is arguably the dumbest comment Ive read since joining TBD.

Why are the Pegulas great owners?

Lmao! I'm glad to have them as compared to Irsay or Khan....

You'd be silly. The Colts have a franchise QB and went to the AFC Championship game since the Pegulas bought the team. The Bills in that time period have let go their best coach in 10 years, hired one of their worst coaches in franchise history, and muddled around .500 all while the team has gotten worse and worse on paper.

Oh, and the Pegulas have a nasty habit of saying they believe in the guys they are paying just a few weeks before dumping them unceremoniously. Makes them look silly. Maybe not as silly as a drug addiction but..

Edited by jmc12290

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be silly. The Colts have a franchise QB and went to the AFC Championship game since the Pegulas bought the team. The Bills in that time period have let go their best coach in 10 years, hired one of their worst coaches in franchise history, and muddled around .500 all while the team has gotten worse and worse on paper.

Who'd they let go? Marrone quit

They've been the arguably the worst owners in both leagues since they joined.

F.

I'm so over the "new owners" excuse. I don't quite agree with your observation only because there are some really crappy owners who've been around a lot longer, but I gave them a D for the Bills. I gave them an F for the Sabres because they've done nothing. The Pegulas are working toward the goal of being the worst, though. As long as they leave Russ Brandon in charge of the teams -- and don't doubt that he is -- neither the Bills nor the Sabres will be better than mediocre because the emphasis will always be at maximizing profits over winning football or hockey games.

Edited by SoTier

Less wins. Wasted years with incompetent FO's and HC's at the helm. Bad hires made from marketing standpoints rather than things that actually matter on the field. Optics, they truly appear like they don't have a single clue on how to run a franchise, which is probably the worse they could look.

We basically have Dan Snyder with his wife, Dan Snyder, as owners. Bad bad bad.

How do the Bills have less wins? 9-7, 8-8, 7-9, 1-0 is 25-24. That's better than what we had.Do some homework.

Who'd they let go? Marrone quit

Marrone was open to staying, but was unafraid to use his contract option as leverage in negotiations. Rather than ensure their best head coach the team had seen in a decade would stay, the Pegulas made the executive decision to instead put all their eggs into the basket of one Doug Whaley, a man whose only claim to fame at the time was the Sammy Watkins trade up ( :lol: ) and still believing EJ Manuel was going to be our franchise QB ( :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ).

It is ironic that two of the biggest contract extension situations in the Pegula era ended up polar opposites in terms of how they were treated. Doug Marrone, coming off winning the most games in a Bill season in 10 years, was given no assurances for him and his staff, but Marcel Dareus, noted drug addict, idiot and selfish teammate was given everything he wanted in a contract extension, including a free pass to get high and miss games.

What a consistent message by ownership. Is it any wonder we've been floundering? It's hard to beat 31 other NFL teams AND yourselves.

Oh, and the Pegulas have a nasty habit of saying they believe in the guys they are paying just a few weeks before dumping them unceremoniously. Makes them look silly. Maybe not as silly as a drug addiction but..

Marrone quit. Do some homework.

Lol....talk about silly! You're just being obstinately negative. Yeah, Indy #suckedforLuck. They got a franchise QB...and NOTHING else! If we're delving deeper, look at it like this...Pegs have hired one GM thus far. Shouldn't we give that more than one game before we assume they are horrible owners who can't make a good hire? There's not enough sample size to label them poor owners at this point...silly silly boy.

I guess every other owner in the league talks crap about players before dumping them right? That sure seems the norm(sarcasm). What good would it do to not talk up your guys? Crazy take by you on that notion

Edited by BuffAlone

The have had less wins every year since the Pegulas got involved. As you just showed. They took a 9-7 team and slowly destroyed it.

Come on. That 9-7 team would have been 8-8 if NE needed that last game. 8-8 in 2015. If TT plays in the Jets game last year, 8-8 again. An average team going 8-8. How terrible.

Lol....talk about silly! You're just being obstinately negative. Yeah, Indy #suckedforLuck. They got a franchise QB...and NOTHING else! If we're delving deeper, look at it like this...Pegs have hired one GM thus far. Shouldn't we give that more than one game before we assume they are horrible owners who can't make a good hire? There's not enough sample size to label them poor owners at this point...silly silly boy

And Indy without Luck could be worse than the Jets.

Come on. That 9-7 team would have been 8-8 if NE needed that last game. 8-8 in 2015. If TT plays in the Jets game last year, 8-8 again. An average team going 8-8. How terrible.

And Indy without Luck could be worse than the Jets.

If you changed the records of all those years, then yes, they would be the same. But reality is different.

Lol....talk about silly! You're just being obstinately negative. Yeah, Indy #suckedforLuck. They got a franchise QB...and NOTHING else! If we're delving deeper, look at it like this...Pegs have hired one GM thus far. Shouldn't we give that more than one game before we assume they are horrible owners who can't make a good hire? There's not enough sample size to label them poor owners at this point...silly silly boy.

I guess every other owner in the league talks crap about players before dumping them right? That sure seems the norm(sarcasm). What good would it do to not talk up your guys? Crazy take by you on that notion

The Pegulas have been owners since 2014. They have had more than one game under their belt.

If you changed the records of all those years, then yes, they would be the same. But reality is different.

The Pegulas have been owners since 2014. They have had more than one game under their belt.

One whole game. What a change up. SMH. One game if Brady played which is a fact, one game if TT played, which is a fact. 25-24 is not terrible. Average, which is what the Bills rosters have been. This season is uncertain yet.

They get an F from me until we break the playoff drought. (I know, unfair, and harsh, but go big or go home)

A bit of perspective is that only a handful of teams would be longer droughts even if we forgave the Ralph segment of this.

If we don't go this year, and a rookie next year doesn't immediately break the streak, we would already be back in noteworthy status

Being .500 since they were owners is not terrible. Sorry. If this current regime doesn't work out, then it starts to get different, but not yet.

I'm so over the "new owners" excuse. I don't quite agree with your observation only because there are some really crappy owners who've been around a lot longer, but I gave them a D for the Bills. I gave them an F for the Sabres because they've done nothing. The Pegulas are working toward the goal of being the worst, though. As long as they leave Russ Brandon in charge of the teams -- and don't doubt that he is -- neither the Bills nor the Sabres will be better than mediocre because the emphasis will always be at maximizing profits over winning football or hockey games.

Stop with the crap about Brandon. It's ridiculous.

Oooo ans will always star a C until Bills and Sabres are in playoffs year after year.

Anyone that has them graded higher than a C is being way to nice to them.

Well,, I don't follow hockey too much, but i gave them a B for the Bills, so far. 25-24 isn't terrible. better than what we had. We'll see how it goes.

25-24 with the Bills isn't terrible. Even if they lose today, 25-25 isn't terrible. Want better, and hopefully they are slowly getting it right.

Well,, I don't follow hockey too much, but i gave them a B for the Bills, so far. 25-24 isn't terrible. better than what we had. We'll see how it goes.

25-24 with the Bills isn't terrible. Even if they lose today, 25-25 isn't terrible. Want better, and hopefully they are slowly getting it right.

That record is AVG. a C is AVG. D and F for losing, B and A reserved for winning.

So C they are.

That record is AVG. a C is AVG. D and F for losing, B and A reserved for winning.

So C they are.

Maybe. I like the B because it is a better effort than anything RW would have given at the last stages of his life, which he probably wasn't in control much anyways. Plus keeping the team here pushes me to a B.

You can argue semantics but they even gave him an extension. For better and worse he was theirs.

I get what you're saying. But in all honesty, there was no process behind retaining him. He was there. They kept/extended him. It failed. They gutted the whole thing and made all new hires. Let's see how it goes beyond one game vs jests before labeling them as bad owners, shall we?

That's your opinion, I guess. I think this team getting worse every year is an actual bad thing.

so after one (this year) game you're still projecting they're getting worse every year?

I know, it was the jets so being 1-0 and 1-0 in the division is not classified as a good thing, but a bad thing?

I'm not exactly sure what more I could expect from the Pegulas. First of all the both the Sabres and Bills are here. Both teams were were in limbo for a while. No one is worried about the Bills moving in the near future.

The Pagulas have spent lots of money helping to upgrade the city of Buffalo. The green space at the waterfront is beautiful.

They seem to have a philosophy of giving each organization what it needs to succeed. From this mornings BN:

"The Sabres are using the two-rink pad at HarborCenter to their advantage. They are skating for 45 minutes on the auxiliary rink before immediately moving to the main rink for another 45 minutes.

"It's an advantage that we have over other teams," Housley said. "We get to utilize our resources here at the HarborCenter. I just like it. The execution's much better. The puck sits flatter. Guys look faster, and they are faster because of the fresh ice. We're going to utilize that a lot this year. "

Finally, they are not afraid to admit their mistakes and move on. How many guys are getting paid NOT to work for the Pegulas? Murray, Bylsma, Whaley, Ryan.

Edited by I_want_2_BILL_Lieve

Marrone quit. Do some homework.

Well, that's the official line. Maybe he did but maybe his situation was made so untenable that he had to leave. People are forced out of jobs all the time through management actions that create hostile work environments. Ask any woman over thirty-five who works/worked in a male dominated profession how that goes.

Just remember if it weren't for the Pegulas you wouldn't have the Bills, or maybe even the Sabres, to B word about, or most of the development at the foot of Main Street. We are so lucky to still have our teams.

Dont be so sure of that. There wete alot of protections from Ralph in place to keep Bills in Buffalo.

It's only "ridiculous" because you don't want to believe it.

They moved up from a C- to a solid B the day they finally fired Whaley.

Not a Sabres fan is leading the vote. :lol:

Who, exactly, hired Whaley? Let me give you a hint: the same person who hired Beane ... and Nix before him.