Buy Stock / Sell Stock / Hold Stock: Week 2

boyst

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all the Tolbert hate is foolish.

First, he's on the team because McD wanted a great veteran presence. Tolbert brings that.

Second, did you know that Tolbert is currently 21at in the league in rushing yards per attempt. That means that he's gaining more yards per attempt than 10 or 15 STARTERS in the league, and you're complaining about him. (By the way, McCoy is fourth and Taylor is sixth, so the Bills have three of the top 21 rushers in yards per attempt.

Maybe it's time to focus on something that matters.

I'll quickly defend my Tolbert "hate." He is terribly limited as a runner. He's acceptable for short yardage but not as a number 2. Did anyone see him try to bounce those?!? If Shady is out teams will crowd the middle and challenge him to bounce it. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'll quickly defend my Tolbert "hate." He is terribly limited as a runner. He's acceptable for short yardage but not as a number 2. Did anyone see him try to bounce those?!? If Shady is our teams will crowd the middle and challenge him to bounce it.

I don't mind him at all as a change of pace back. I would have expected us to use Banyard more to sub in for Shady though.

I don't mind him at all as a change of pace back. I would have expected us to use Banyard more to sub in for Shady though.

Yeah this is exactly what I was just gonna say...Banyard (for what its worth) is the McCoy replacement, not Tolbert. I would expect Tolbert to get an uptick in carries, but I think Banyard is the guy that gets the bulk of the other Shady type runs. Whether or not he can fill those shoes is highly unknown, which is why I would have preferred JWill after a strong preseason. But that being said, these coaches see them more than we do, so until proven otherwise I will roll with what they felt was best for the team in terms of JWill or Banyard.

Buy - Poyer/Hyde. The safety duo quickly erased any concerns I had as to whether we had upgraded those positions.

Sell - Tolbert. I'm hoping McD's love of this guy doesn't get us in trouble. Tolbert is a great short yardage back, north/south bulldozer. Seeing him run east/west, trying to bounce runs outside is kinda embarrassing. I still don't understand dumping JWill, but alas.

Hold - Tyrod. I was among those who wanted to see Peterman given the starting nod, but Tyrod showed me some things in game one that I was impressed with, utilizing the TE, throwing over the middle, staying longer in the pocket. Perhaps he's finally started to get "it". Time will tell.

Who is Lolita??

Thank you for asking, I was wondering the same thing.

Can I sell Hogan too? No Edelman...Amendola goes down...Pats need to throw to keep up. Hogan does squat. Who wants to start a 200 page thread about how important he is? hahaha...

#ThrowbackThursday :)

No thank you, I already did.

...and I think it was about 1,000 posts. 200 pages would be ridiculous and farcical.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Ramon Humber. The dude in the book/movie Lolita is named Humbert Humbert.

lol...that's stretching it some, but I'll allow it.

lol...that's stretching it some, but I'll allow it. Best opening to any novel in the English language, ever.

Ramon Humber. The dude in the book/movie Lolita is named Humbert Humbert.

Humber is old like that dude too........I think some people think he's a young prospect or something.....been kicking around for many years.......he and Banyard are both in their golden years as football players.

Old team but McDermott has been able to keep them healthy and is reaping the benefits of playing experienced players everywhere.

Humber is old like that dude too........I think some people think he's a young prospect or something.....been kicking around for many years.......he and Banyard are both in their golden years as football players.

Old team but McDermott has been able to keep them healthy and is reaping the benefits of playing experienced players everywhere.

I think the chances that Humber is viewed in a negative light after this Sunday is pretty high. He will be the most common stock being sold on the Boyst market next week.